Quan goes Down...

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Camp report or an update?

A day after tests showed no damage in Anquan Boldin’s swollen right knee, the receiver went down while running a route at half speed in warm-ups during Tuesday’s morning workout. Boldin was carted off the field before the 8:45 practice even began.

“We had a little surprise today,” said Head Coach Dennis Green. “Anquan, his knee locked up on him. It is not locked now but they are running some extensive tests to see exactly what that was. He wasn’t running, he was hardly jogging so I am sure something is going on inside but we won’t know until all the tests are done.”

The Cardinals are already hurting at receiver with Bryant Johnson still on the PUP list with a foot injury. Wide receiver Bryan Gilmore also said his knee is still hampering him.

“That is training camp, everybody is hurting right now,” said Gilmore. “I can’t take any more days. We need somebody out here at all times. Injuries are a big part of the game but somebody has to step up and take control sooner or later.”

Linebacker LeVar Woods stood out in the morning practice by making a great read to intercept a Josh McCown pass, and following it up with a crushing hit on Josh Scobey for no gain during a goal line drill.

“I’m having fun out there,” said Woods. “I think yesterday everybody as a group had a bad practice and we wanted to come out today and improve and I think I improved personally and that we improved as a team. Josh told me normally he wouldn’t make that throw and I told him I taught him a lesson. He said that was the last time he’d do that.”