Quan goes Down...

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
EndZone said:
I have had my knee lock up and it hurts like Hell. Don't know what caused it.

What exactly is a "knee lock up" from a medical perspective?

HIX

Brittney, Anna, Madonna
Reaction score
Sounds like torn meniscus to me without knowing all the details. Locking of the knee is a classic symptom of that.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Scott MS said:
What exactly is a "knee lock up" from a medical perspective?

Cartilage problems may be recognized by pain, clicking, or locking of your knee. But a loud "pop" is usually the ACL. Meniscal tears may be caused by a sudden twisting, or by repeated deep squats. When you extend your knee, there is a slight lateral rotation of your tibia and femur. This is termed the "home screw mechanism." Some meniscus tears cause the knee to lock up because the torn meniscus gets caught in rotation. There is a 4 to 1 ratio of women to men who injure their ACL in college basketball.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
SeattleCardsFan said:
Cartilage problems may be recognized by pain, clicking, or locking of your knee. But a loud "pop" is usually the ACL. Meniscal tears may be caused by a sudden twisting, or by repeated deep squats. When you extend your knee, there is a slight lateral rotation of your tibia and femur. This is termed the "home screw mechanism." Some meniscus tears cause the knee to lock up because the torn meniscus gets caught in rotation. There is a 4 to 1 ratio of women to men who injure their ACL in college basketball.
If it is a meniscus tear then that would be great news...I had my Meniscus repaired..it's a bout a 3-4 week recovery..but from what Shane described...I think it's an acl or mcl...

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Not news one wants to wake up in the morning to.

Let's just hope Quan is OK, because if not, this will be an incredibly long season.

:stick: :cards: :stick:

OP
OP
Redheart

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Dennis Green...

His Right Knee.

"Need to do some further tests".

Going for an MRI.

"Have to wait and see..."

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well this was great to wake up to. :rolleyes:

I think I just might vomit.

:stick: :cards: :stick:

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Cardinals | Boldin Had Soreness in Knee Prior to Injury - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:36:42 -0700

Updating earlier reports, the Associated Press reports Arizona Cardinals WR Anquan Boldin (knee) injured his right knee Tuesday, Aug. 10, while loosening up. Boldin experienced soreness in the same knee on Monday, Aug. 9, and sat out the Monday morning practice but participated in an afternoon walkthrough.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Stout said:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I second that :computer:

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
Well... This is just swell. I log on and what do I find? The heart and soul of this football team went down this morning with a knee injury. God, what the hell is happening to us?!?!?!? First Shipp now this.... I say quit camp and wait till the season starts.

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, I hope it's just a minor, minor problem... If it was a big deal, I can't imagine him eating right now. Especially in the hall.

Anyone know if I can get 1060 online to listen to? Or 910?

pete

All Star
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Quan is eating in the mess hall and has a limp and he is not wearing a knee brace by Jurecki

I hope this a good sign. If they thought he had ligament or cart. damage, wouldn't they require that he wear a brace until the MRI???

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Quan is eating in the mess hall and has a limp and he is not wearing a knee brace by Jurecki

Man I hope this means he's going to be OK. I would love to have to go back in and re-rank my fantasy draft players, I pulled Quan this morning after the reports.

This team needs Quan.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Loyalty is a curse when you are a Cardinals fan like me for 25 years

This is not a good sign with Boldin and Shipp...

If I were Dennis Green, I would sit every starter for our 1st preseason game in Minnesota...

Anyone remeber August 18, 2000 in Minnesota when we lost Coby Rhinehart and Rob Moore because of torn knee ligaments, and cornerback J.J. McCleskey to a severly broken ankle for the entire year--not to mention 4 other injuries to other players during that game?

There is no reason for us to be playing a preseason game on the turf, let alone practice on it (see Shipp).

Oh, and by the way, when your star player has a swollen knee--its probably a good idea to sit him out for a few days.

Way to go Cardinals training staff!!!!!

We all know that a couple preseason practices are much more important than the regular season :-(

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Associated Press
Aug. 10, 2004 12:00 AM

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]FLAGSTAFF -- Arizona wide receiver Anquan Boldin, the 2003 NFL offensive rookie of the year and the Cardinals only Pro Bowl player, injured his right knee Tuesday morning while loosening up for practice and was carted from the field.

Boldin experienced soreness in the same knee Monday and sat out a morning practice but participated in an afternoon walkthrough. His tests results weren't immediately available.

"His knee locked up on him, and so we're running some extensive tests," coach Dennis Green said after the first practice. "It's not locked up now."

Green said the injury was freakish.

"He wasn't running or anything," the coach said. "He was just actually not even hardly jogging, so I'm sure that something's going on inside, but we won't know until all the tests are done. They're running a different type of tests, since it is unusual."

Last season, Boldin set an NFL rookie record with 101 receptions, had the most yards receiving (1,377) by a rookie since Houston's Bill Groman in 1960 and established a franchise rookie record with eight scoring grabs.

"When you lose a guy like 'Q,' lose a Pro Bowl player, you lose a big piece of the puzzle," running back Emmitt Smith said. "We don't know what the situation is. I don't know if we lost him and how long we lost him for. It could be a matter of days."

Boldin had reconstructive surgery on his left knee his junior season at Florida State. The injury reduced his draft value and allowed the Cardinals to pick him in the second round 37 places behind first-round selection Bryant Johnson of Penn State, another wide receiver and the 17th player taken last year.

Johnson, who had 35 catches as a rookie, got a stress fracture in his right foot during summer workouts, has been wearing a protective boot and is about three weeks away from going full speed.

Until Boldin and Johnson take the field, the featured wideout will be Bryan Gilmore, a backup who impressed Green in minicamps.

"I wanted to contribute with him," Gilmore said about Boldin. "I'm going to contribute regardless, but I'd much rather have him and BJ and Fitz (rookie Larry Fitzgerald) on my side."

Last weekend, the Cardinals lost running back Marcel Shipp with a dislocated ankle and broken leg, potentially a season-ending injury.

Green said Saturday it would take Shipp two to three months to recover from surgery to insert pins to support his fractured left fibula. The coach wanted to wait and see how Shipp progresses before deciding whether to place him on injured reserve, a designation which would end the fourth-year ball carrier's season[/font]