Ray Thompson suspended four games

lrk27

Veteran
Reaction score
Thompson tested positive for alcohol on September 29. He was already in the program, which is why he was suspended immediately. He already appealed the test and lost.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Wow, I've lost respect for a few posters on this board.

To accuse Ray of using roids' is RIDICULOUS!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
Wow, I've lost respect for a few posters on this board.

To accuse Ray of using roids' is RIDICULOUS!

yeah - I was guilty of that - but I didn't know about the DUI thing - so roids was the only thing I could think of - jumped the gun - it still doesn't change the fact that he's an idiot and got himself suspended for the last four games.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
he's an idiot and got himself suspended for the last four games.

No doubt, but I wasn't talking to the intial posters, I'm talking to the ones who STILL won't say it wasn't roids' when it's blatantly obvious that this is an alcohol infraction.

I mean, c'mon Ray doesn't look like a roid' monkey. It's easy to spot roid' monkeys. Look at a picture of Lavar Arrington or David Boston sometime. :D

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's an idiot cause he had a drink on the flight home?

I would have had a bottle of Crown on that plane if I played for this team.

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or maybe he drank purposly (sp) so that he wouldn't have to show up for these next four ass shalackings.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DRVNFAST
He's an idiot cause he had a drink on the flight home?

I would have had a bottle of Crown on that plane if I played for this team.

that's nice - but you're not getting paid millions of dollars a year and I assume you didn't have a DUI in the last two years - if you know you are in a substance abuse program and you have a drink anywhere - you are an idiot.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Didn't the Cardinals just resign a LB either last week or the week before. I remember thinking that it was a strange move because LB is (was) a strength of this team

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Didn't the Cardinals just resign a LB either last week or the week before. I remember thinking that it was a strange move because LB is (was) a strength of this team

Michael Young. A good special teamer.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
that's nice - but you're not getting paid millions of dollars a year and I assume you didn't have a DUI in the last two years - if you know you are in a substance abuse program and you have a drink anywhere - you are an idiot.

This coming from a guy who admitted to be a marijuana user and a functioning alcoholic on another board. Sweet.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What a bunch of babies, who think there all hollier than thou!!!!

Dude screwed up don't crucify him,a bunch of over reactor's, on this board. Lets go stone the guy NOW :rolleyes:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by MaoTosiFanClub
This coming from a guy who admitted to be a marijuana user and a functioning alcoholic on another board. Sweet.

But that's not what he is talking about. I'm pretty sure, that if Cheesebeef was offered the chance of playing pro football, he wouldn't smoke ganja.

Ray isn't allowed to drink, because of a DUI arrest.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
I tried to tell you guys it was alcohol related in the 8th post of this thread. It was reported on KDUS, a quote from his agent.

Yes, if you get a DUI, you must change your habits. Ray's bad.

But seriously, alcohol? This is totally different IMO than recreational ILLEGAL drugs, and THE WORST THING...performance enhancing drugs.

According to the reports, he had alcohol in his test AFTER the lambs game. No partying before games.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Originally posted by DevonCardsFan
What a bunch of babies, who think there allhollier than thou!!!!

Dude screwed up don't crucify him,a bunch of over reactor's, on this board. Lets go stone theguy NOW :rolleyes:

Sorry, Devon. Getting "stoned" is illegal.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
I tried to tell you guys it was alcohol related in the 8th post of this thread. It was reported on KDUS, a quote from his agent.

Yes, if you get a DUI, you must change your habits. Ray's bad.

But seriously, alcohol? This is totally different IMO than recreational ILLEGAL drugs, and THE WORST THING...performance enhancing drugs.

According to the reports, he had alcohol in his test AFTER the lambs game. No partying before games.

Wow if I spent my entire career on the Cards I would have a drinking problem too, poor dude. If you couldn't drink during this terrible season that would be rough.:p

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To everyone else on this board who gets loaded at games and who is ripping Ray right now and saying he should be cut: You're the biggest self-righteous hypocritical jackasses in the world.

I'm 32 and have never had a beer. Can I rip him? :D

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
"You'll have to kill Ray Thompson twice, because he's so tough, he'll come back at you after you kill him." (or something like that)

Alcohol numbs the senses.

Ray is like a throwback old school player. They used to drink beer on the sidelines in the good old days.

Things have changed.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

that's funny - but you missed the entire point of what I wrote - which was that if I was getting paid millions of dollars (which I'm not) and in a SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROGRAM (which I'm not) - I would be an idiot to have a drink - I thought my friend who was in a substance abuse program - who wasn't a football was an idiot I often told him so because he was still using - what is your point - I would be an idiot if I got a DUI and was in a susbtance abuse program and I kept using - agree? But I'm not - so I can do whatever I want! HAHA!:D

although I'd rather have the millions - but I don't know if the Cards would take me with my bad back and slow-jewness disease I've had since birth.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
although I'd rather have the millions - but I don't know if the Cards would take me with my bad back and slow-jewness disease I've had since birth.

:biglaugh:

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
BIM- stay away from the beer my friend.

You drunk, would be a very, very bad thing.

Beef- you could get therapy for your back...

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I was the first to accuse Ray of taking 'roids. I am sorry I jumped the gun.

Apparently, he is only a bad teammate, and not a bad competitor. A bad teammate thinks of himself and not the team, which is what Raynoch was doing as he reached for that bottle. A bad competitor seeks an edge not allowed to morally/ethically/legally superior players in the league.

I'm sorry for accusing you of juicing, Ray. I'm more sorry that you let down your teammates, your coach, your franchise, and your city.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lex
BIM- stay away from the beer my friend.

You drunk, would be a very, very bad thing.

No kidding. I got into it with a Rams fan at the start of the halftime gathering. We literally got into a shouting match. I think I was on edge because I was drinking Dasani rather than the usual Aquafina. :thumbup:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by kerouac9
I was the first to accuse Ray of taking 'roids. I am sorry I jumped the gun.

Apparently, he is only a bad teammate, and not a bad competitor. A bad teammate thinks of himself and not the team, which is what Raynoch was doing as he reached for that bottle. A bad competitor seeks an edge not allowed to morally/ethically/legally superior players in the league.

I'm sorry for accusing you of juicing, Ray. I'm more sorry that you let down your teammates, your coach, your franchise, and your city.

Wow, this sounds exactly like one of my David Boston rants. ;)

I don't blame the guy too much. Sure, it was stupid, but is he really costing the team much? I mean, c'mon we suck, and Ray in the lineup isn't going to change that much.