Really Spurs Fans??

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap. It was a good game and good fought win. You think the Spurs fans would be classy? I mean come on. Just visit Spurstalk.com.

They are seriously whining about the Suns player and coaches whining to the refs. Really?!?!??!? Have any of those fans watched Pop during the timeouts? I know I did tonight and all Pop did was talk to the Refs. Manu, Parker and Tim all think they never make a foul. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

They are also complaining about the Suns throwing confetti after the win and singing "na na na na."....Come on.

This is exactly why I hate the Spurs and most of their fans. Nobody has gotten more breaks against the Suns then the Spurs when it comes to bad calls, injuries, dirty play and the like. Seriously, I know there are some good Spurs fans out there....I just don't think very many of them reside on that site.

Last edited:

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I visit that site regularly(NBA general sub-forum) because its a fun site without any censorship. However i haven't been in there much tonight.
I'll have to take a peek.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They shot 22 FTs to our 11 in the 2nd half. Enough said!!

Exactly, the Spurs got most of the calls in the second half. So somebody did a good job whining to the refs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have any of those fans watched Pop during the timeouts? I know I did tonight and all Pop did was talk to the Refs.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen Pop call a time-out and spend all of it working the refs. It usually works too. I remember one game a few years ago we were about to blow them out in Phoenix. He called a timeout and started yelling at Violet Palmer and she never made a single call our way for the rest of the game (more than a half). Needless to say, they came all the way back and won the game going away.

Steve

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
THe Suns got manhandled on a few plays late and there was no call made. This is why the NBA sucks, the refs are garbage.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I didnt like the fact that we were chanting "na na na na, hey hey hey, good bye," but as for the rest of it; pot meet kettle. From Duncan all the way down to Bogans, they all were throwing their arms up in disgust over the most obvious calls.

Bong

Registered
Reaction score
It's over so singing the bye bye song is totally appropriate and called for.

Does anyone here really believe the Spurs will win a single game in this series? If you do you probably haven't been watching the Suns close enough.

Now the Lakers might take a game off of us but we have at least a week to rest up the team before the WCF.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I didnt like the fact that we were chanting "na na na na, hey hey hey, good bye," but as for the rest of it; pot meet kettle. From Duncan all the way down to Bogans, they all were throwing their arms up in disgust over the most obvious calls.

I heard they were chanting that because the PA announced Manu's 5th foul as his 6th and he went to the bench so they thought he had fouled out. Otherwise it would have been pretty stupid to chant that in game 1.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Does anyone here really believe the Spurs will win a single game in this series? If you do you probably haven't been watching the Suns close enough.

Now the Lakers might take a game off of us but we have at least a week to rest up the team before the WCF.

Wow! someone is overly confident. I will do you one better; If they sweep the Spurs, they win the championship :D. Who knows maybe it is the year of the Sun, but the former is even more highly unlikely than the latter.

Last edited:

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Spurstalk.com has decent fans and whining homer fans just like most fan sites (including this very place). BTW look in the mirror. You just started a whining thread after winning a game :bang: The live game threads are obviously the least objective because people write stuff spontaneously and let their emotions run wild (nothing wrong with that IMHO).

By the way: Congratulations to game 1. You deserved to win. We need to make adjustments to have a chance in game 2 (there is a nice thread about this at Spurstalk.com). Cheers.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score

The Mavs won game 1 against San Antonio in round 1 before the Spurs took control. Not saying that it'll be the same, but to put it with Gandalf: Sauron's retribution will be fierce and swift!

I'd be thrilled to have the team going to Texas up 2-0, but game 2 is going to be a tough one!

Durrutix

Reaction score
Common opinions on Spurs talk, paraphrased:

I'm not worried in the slightest; Spurs will easily take came 2; this is a repeat of Suns/Mavs, except Mavs were a much better team

Suns played their best possible basketball, while Spurs were lazy and unmotivated, yet we still almost beat them; just hit a few more free throws and the series is ours

Refs prevented Spurs from gaining momentum at key junctures, handing the game to the Suns

Suns fans are the clowns of the NBA; think beating the Spurs in one game is akin to winning the trophy

Nash had a freakish game and will wear down as the series progresses; nevertheless, must contain Nash by any means necessary

Start Parker; Parker is the key to victory

Duncan's getting old

Pop will make the necessary adjustments, leaving Suns dumbfounded

Still Spurs in 5 or 6

--

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
The worst call of the game was the AND-1 they called for Tony Parker at the end.

The Spurs definitely got some phantom calls towards the end, however, in the first half everything seemed to go our way.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
I thought the confetti and the 'Na na na na' was way too much.... especially in game 1 against the team that always sends us home. That's a jinxer....

:stick:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The worst call of the game was the AND-1 they called for Tony Parker at the end.

The Spurs definitely got some phantom calls towards the end, however, in the first half everything seemed to go our way.

His hand was on his hip as he drove. Not a popular call, but a correct one.

The play where Manu slipped, fell, and slid on the ground a couple of feet to then pass it (without a travel call) and score was the worst call in this game BY FAR.

I thought the confetti and the 'Na na na na' was way too much.... especially in game 1 against the team that always sends us home. That's a jinxer....

:stick:

The announcer said that Manu had fouled out, that's what the 'Na na na na' was about.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No it isnt appropriate.. That song is reserved for when another teams season ends.. As far as I know, the Spurs are still in it.. I hated hearing that song last nite..

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No it isnt appropriate.. That song is reserved for when another teams season ends.. As far as I know, the Spurs are still in it.. I hated hearing that song last nite..

Again, they weren't singing it to the Spurs. They were singing it to Manu because the PA guy mistakenly announced it as his 6th foul. I don't care for it in either case but it's a pretty typical response.

Steve

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Again, they weren't singing it to the Spurs. They were singing it to Manu because the PA guy mistakenly announced it as his 6th foul. I don't care for it in either case but it's a pretty typical response.

Steve

I think it was more of the timing of it that is sitting weird with people. If it didnt happen with 5 seconds left in the game it wouldnt be an issue, IMO.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was more of the timing of it that is sitting weird with people. If it didnt happen with 5 seconds left in the game it wouldnt be an issue, IMO.

I found it strange and a little embarrassing also until I later heard about the PA announcement. And you know most of the viewers didn't get that explanation so they're not holding our crowd in very high esteem this morning.

Steve

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
I think the PA guy at USAC works for KTAR. I wonder if that will be a hot topic today on Gambo and Ash.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't think it's an issue at all. I'm also a football (soccer) fan and compared to what football fans are chanting and singing the nanana... stuff is absolutely nothing. If a fan of Arsenal would complain about what fans of Tottenham were singing during game he would be considered to be a whining wimp and if he complained about them singing the na na na stuff they would assume he was joking.

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
I will have to agree the announcer was off last night.. He also said it was amares 4th foul at the end of the game when it was his 5th.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05