Rockets @ Suns 2-4-19

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Monday the Rockets play the Suns in Phoenix. They are on a four game road trip having lost their first game to the Nuggets but beat the Jazz 125-98 in Utah on Saturday.

Meanwhile the Suns have lost ten straight games with their last loss coming at home to the Hawks 118-112.

The Rockets record is 30-22 and the Suns record plummets to 11-43.

Game time is scheduled for 7 p.m. Arizona time and it will be televised on FSAZ.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton was admittedly rusty in his first game back from an ankle injury.

Gina Mizell‏Verified account@ginamizell
7h7 hours ago

On Monday, Deandre Ayton’s sprained ankle was being treated with a laser beam. By Friday, the #Suns big man said he felt “sensational.” But in a close loss to Atlanta in which the young talent on both sides soared, Ayton acknowledged “a lot of rust.”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton was admittedly rusty in his first game back from an ankle injury.

Gina Mizell‏Verified account@ginamizell
7h7 hours ago

On Monday, Deandre Ayton’s sprained ankle was being treated with a laser beam. By Friday, the #Suns big man said he felt “sensational.” But in a close loss to Atlanta in which the young talent on both sides soared, Ayton acknowledged “a lot of rust.”
Bah. Excuses. It was six games not a quarter season. I don’t hear that mentally soft crap from other players. I am so down on this team right now. I can’t even bring myself to try to analyze them anymore because they all just flat out suck. For different reasons, but they suck. And in the aggregate they really suck.

We all know the problems. We’ve discussed them ad nauseum. We’ve discussed what I believe to be any and all possible solutions. And the fact of the matter is they seem to have plateaued at a level of atrociousness.

I was looking forward to this year. Not because I was under any delusion of them being good but because I was excited to see the young guys. Those guys’ good performances are so few and far between and they’re almost never stacked on one and other that the team has drained every ounce of enthusiasm I had for them.

Rant over.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bah. Excuses. It was six games not a quarter season. I don’t hear that mentally soft crap from other players. I am so down on this team right now. I can’t even bring myself to try to analyze them anymore because they all just flat out suck. For different reasons, but they suck. And in the aggregate they really suck.

We all know the problems. We’ve discussed them ad nauseum. We’ve discussed what I believe to be any and all possible solutions. And the fact of the matter is they seem to have plateaued at a level of atrociousness.

I was looking forward to this year. Not because I was under any delusion of them being good but because I was excited to see the young guys. Those guys’ good performances are so few and far between and they’re almost never stacked on one and other that the team has drained every ounce of enthusiasm I had for them.

Rant over.

The Suns are like an accident. I can't look away.

Something is coming... I feel it... and I hope it is not bad.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are like an accident. I can't look away.

Something is coming... I feel it... and I hope it is not bad.

Did you feel like that watching the game? I didn't. I thought the game was a lot of fun and with a break or two we would have won. Now, beating lowly Atlanta wouldn't mean much but it would have felt a lot better than that late game collapse did. And I was impressed by how well Atlanta played too. Anyway, I really believe we are close to turning a corner. We're not going to become a good team overnight but I expect to see us start winning often, and soon, although our next 3 games are killers.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you feel like that watching the game? I didn't. I thought the game was a lot of fun and with a break or two we would have won. Now, beating lowly Atlanta wouldn't mean much but it would have felt a lot better than that late game collapse did. And I was impressed by how well Atlanta played too. Anyway, I really believe we are close to turning a corner. We're not going to become a good team overnight but I expect to see us start winning often, and soon, although our next 3 games are killers.

I'm running a cumulative total for the season. I hope the Suns win again sometime.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm running a cumulative total for the season. I hope the Suns win again sometime.

Fair enough. It's just that I've watched a lot of dismal performances from this group, this season, and the last couple of games didn't feel like those low points, final result notwithstanding.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns played with fire and got burned. Shouldn't have been close enough for Young to go en fuego and torch us going away. A decent PG and PF next year will go a long way. I feel like we're finally at rock bottom (felt that way last year too, unfortunately) and I hope to see a steady stream of progress on our way back into relevance and the playoffs over time.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns played with fire and got burned. Shouldn't have been close enough for Young to go en fuego and torch us going away. A decent PG and PF next year will go a long way. I feel like we're finally at rock bottom (felt that way last year too, unfortunately) and I hope to see a steady stream of progress on our way back into relevance and the playoffs over time.

Won't happen without a competent head coach.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The last few years Booker was just about the only reason to watch the games (for me). This year, I can look forward to actually watching the team itself in addition to several individual players. So right now I'm pretty hopeful and I'm just crossing my fingers that we don't take two steps back again as we have every other time this season when things started trending upward (on the court, not necessarily in the win/loss column).

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. It's just that I've watched a lot of dismal performances from this group, this season, and the last couple of games didn't feel like those low points, final result notwithstanding.

I'm not sure what you are trying to imply. Maybe you can clear the air.

I did not say this was the Suns worst game of the season... because it wasn't.

I make a general comment and you try to make it game specific. I don't understand.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are trying to imply. Maybe you can clear the air.

I did not say this was the Suns worst game of the season... because it wasn't.

I make a general comment and you try to make it game specific. I don't understand.

I don't know what to tell you, I wasn't attacking or challenging you in anyway. I was just having a conversation with you and didn't expect it to be a problem. Sorry about that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what to tell you, I wasn't attacking or challenging you in anyway. I was just having a conversation with you and didn't expect it to be a problem. Sorry about that.

I enjoy our conversations. With the forum going in so many directions these days I wanted to make sure we are on good footing.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wonder if Houston considers resting CP3 for this one as well like they did for their last game. Though that may have been because it was a back to back.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
With Capela out, this is another great match up for Ayton. Hope he takes advantage of it this time.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns will have their hands full with Faried upfront. He had 16 points and 12 rebounds against the Jazz.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you slow down James Harden... well you don't.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score

This is a perfect description of where I'm at mentally with this team as well. It's tough to get hyped for games knowing how far away the team is in so many aspects.

That opening night win against Dallas and the optimism around the season feels like so long ago...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I really wish Melton were available for that Hawks game. I'd like to see how he sized up with Trae Young. He wasn't as highly touted as Young, of course, but he has been a good defender and I think he could have kept Young from going off. We have 1 more with Atlanta, I believe, and I hope we see Melton vs Young then.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Josh Jackson bubble head night. Pretty cool.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harden drives to the basket and scores but misses free throw.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
backyardunwieldy