Saints at Cardinals PS gameday thread 8-10-24

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Remember when Logan Thomas lit it up in the 2nd half of PS game 1 and everyone began to clamor for him? Couldn't complete a pass the next 3 PS games and eventually became a TE...lol
My son Cardsfanmd & I had beers with BA & his family years ago in MD. Let me take that back, we had beers, BA had bourbon . I loved BA because he was real & was from York, PA (where I live). A few bourbons in & you just knew that BA made most of, if not ALL the decisions in that era of Cardinal football. I remember him saying that he swung for the fences with the Thomas pick lol.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Big risk of not being ready 1st game, it is as important as the last game in the NFL season.
Welcome back Smelly!!

Boy, we gonna run some ball this year!! We got three backs that would get snaps with any team in the league...reason to be excited

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Ridder was just horrible. Oooooof

Darius made me pretty excited to watch his journey this year. Keep it up rook!
Ridder was...but keep in mind he was playing against first and second teamers... Tune was playing against third teasers and insurance salesmen...and Tune has a year longer in our offense than Ridder...
That game left nothing but concern about our QB2...but fwiw I think Ridder is gonna get the job...if for no other reason than his game experience makes him less likely to stick on our PS...but ain't nobody gonna steal Clayton Tune at this point

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The 2nd team OL made many communication errors, which is understandable seeing that they were up against the Saints #1 defense AND it was their first live action in the NFL. I’m perfectly fine with the overall depth we have on the OL. Petzing will coach what we saw last night out of them.
Yeah... any hope of Adam's stepping in as LG1 really dimmed...but there is time still and having solid vets on either side can provide a lot of protection for a young guard...and the additional cohesion from taking hundreds of snaps together can't hurt either

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
P.S.
By the way...has Whithead been cut yet??
Man, when dude short armed that one pass... if I were the coach I would have confiscated his jersey right on the sidelines and sent him home...dude could have had a 25 yard play...seems obvious that, with him knowing where he is on the depth chart...dude doesn't want it bad enough.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Next week, Tune will play first and look shaky against the Colts 1st team D. And Ridder will play the 2nd half and look like the 2nd coming. Just the way preseason football works. Ridder is learning a brand new offense, so don’t be too critical. Any which way you look at it, if Murray gets hurt, we’re screwed. But, that applies to any NFL team.
Saw him at Atlanta plenty. He's NOT a good QB, at least IMO.

We can agree to disagree, no problem.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How accurate is this for those that watched the entire game?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I would add Weaver on the rising list and Palmer to the dropping list.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw him at Atlanta plenty. He's NOT a good QB, at least IMO.

We can agree to disagree, no problem.
He’s definitely not a good starting QB. No one would argue that. But the jury is still out on whether he can be a decent backup.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
How accurate is this for those that watched the entire game?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Spot on. I’m excited about our running game. Benson and Carter looked good running as well as other backs. Chris Jones look's really good at RT. Colon played well at center. Barton was decent. Clayton Tune definitely took a step up from last year as most of his passes were spot on. Tip Reiman blocked well.

On defense Xavier Thomas looks like he has good potential as a pass rusher. Darius Robinson looks like a starter day one and Taylor-Demerson played fast and tackled well. If he can cover he can be special.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Second team front seven left a LOT to be desired on defense. The starters better be better than that abd we can’t afford for them to lose any time to injury.
What game did you watch?

I thought the D played Well in the first Half when it was the 2nd team D against the 1st string Saints Offense/O-line

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think he held his position and can shed the blockers during the run play. Pass rush-wise, didn't see much except straight-line bull rushes, which seemed to be neutralized by the opposing lineman with ease.
It was a nice first game in a non-practice environment. It looks like he can physically hold up. His pass rush looks pretty raw but it is more to do with movement efficiency IMO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giugurta