Sam Bradford A Cardinal

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This is an excellent signing for this team. Got him for a year at $15mil, which is cheap for a guy with his skill level,...with incentives to jump up to $20mil if he plays all season and performs well.... then an option year just in case our new rookie is not ready to take over... this is exactly what is meant and intended when the term "Bridge" QB is mentioned.

it also provides a safety net in the event we cant get in position to draft a rookie this year... if that happens we pick up the option and try again next year.... a solid ass covering

I dont trust Bradford to stay healthy,... but we all knew he was the best option as a Bridge after Tyrod was traded.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If can stay healthy he is by far the best qb available
And also doesn't preclude has from getting a rookie in the first round
I dont think ending with a 5/6 qb is a tragedy
Guys like Rudolph/Lauletta/Jackson maybe turn to be better players in the pro

Now we need to add solder and another efficient lineman to protect Bradford

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I give Bradford 3 games before he is injured behind our offensive line.

It is the same issue as when we traded for AP. There is zero self awareness. If we had a great offensive line, AP and Bradford are upside options. But, we don't.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I will be happy, asi have said before, if th QB room does NOT include a Gabbert, Stanton, Barkley or McCown in it.

Sam is good when healthy. Unfortunately, that is the big question...how long will he last?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The biggest issue for me is that we will still need to sign another veteran QB unless we are comfortable with whoever we draft starting after 2 or 3 games.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The biggest issue for me is that we will still need to sign another veteran QB unless we are comfortable with whoever we draft starting after 2 or 3 games.
That could unfortunately be Glennon.

It wouldn't blow my mind if it was Brock Osweiler though.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Doesn't this pretty much follow the pattern of the Cardinals the last 10 years though? Talented veteran acquisitions with injury risks that have something to prove. Warner, Palmer and now Bradford. I agree with the risk but it's worked pretty well for them so far.

No. Those were guys in a vastly different level than Bradford ever has, and likely ever will, sniff. This is a never-has-been QB looking to get to a thank-God-I-have-a-starting-job level.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen many predicting that this doesn't keep the Cardinals from taking a QB in this year's draft but considering the o-line has been a major reason why Palmer wasn't able to stay healthy and the dire need to protect Bradford, wouldn't it be better for the Cardinals, Bradford and they hypothetical future QB to finally have an o-line that could protect a QB?

Would the 4th best(or later) QB be a better pick or an o-lineman? How about o-linemen at all the spots they'd have to give up to get a top QB in the draft?

I think they HAVE to still make a major trade up to get their guy. Bradford is more brittle than Mr. Glass in Unbreakable. Dude's a bridge and place-holder for six games and gives the fans some false "hope" that the season won't be a disaster from the jump.

If they're really depending on him to start an entire season, they're drinking drano.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
It doesnt take Miss Cleo or Nostradamus to assume they wont be Stellar!
well yes...it does... when one considers we just hired the best oline coach in the nfl a couple months ago. you will be surprised what difference a good oline coach can do.... This coach is the guy who made an all pro type guard out of andrew norwell who was an undrafted free agent...our like will be better this year... not might,...will

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So Bradford threw a fit when Wentz was drafted in philly? Keim HAD to have known/considered this

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'll just sit back and watch people talk themselves into this being a good move.

I thought Wilkos said he wanted a strong presence and a guy to control the huddle. Bradford is neither.

Welcome home.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well guess better than glennon...

Cards better draft a qb at 15 Allan or Jackson least it's a unknown qb for future.

Not really excited by this

Like winning 5 dollars in the powerball...

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously....WTF? This means they are not going after Foles IMO. That means they are going to run with Bradford and draft someone IMO.

This is going to be a long year.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
This is just sad. Hello 1993. Ugh, I hate this stuff. KeimCo lost out on both of their main targets.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I give Bradford 3 games before he is injured behind our offensive line.

It is the same issue as when we traded for AP. There is zero self awareness. If we had a great offensive line, AP and Bradford are upside options. But, we don't.
lots of dump offs and 3 step drops.