Sam Bradford A Cardinal

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Bradford may not be the best FA QB this year but he is pretty damn good bridge. Everyobe whined and complained about Stanton. Bradford is head and shoulders better. Yes $15M guaranteed sucks however, again in relation to Stanton..that's only $5M more than Stanton got last year

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No. Those were guys in a vastly different level than Bradford ever has, and likely ever will, sniff. This is a never-has-been QB looking to get to a thank-God-I-have-a-starting-job level.
He was pretty good two years ago with the Vikings. If we get that level of production from him and DJ plays to the previous year's form, we'll be good.

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I have no problem with this. The roster is a work in progress. We could very well tab two starting offensive linemen in the early rounds of the draft (Ragnow and Hernandez, anyone?) and field a more-than-servicable line this year. PLUS we haven't impacted next year's cap bonanzo, AND I guarantee we'll still make a move for a QBOTF.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bradford has earned a mint just kicking back on the sidelines. I would think he plays at least four games next season if the coaches are lucky.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
ugh! Desperation move doesn’t even begin to describe this. We better be on the move in the draft to lock up a qb
This move guarantees a QB will be drafted. Don’t like Bradford, but it validates the vision.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
No. Those were guys in a vastly different level than Bradford ever has, and likely ever will, sniff. This is a never-has-been QB looking to get to a thank-God-I-have-a-starting-job level.
I agree, Bradford hasn't reached the heights that Warner and Palmer did at their very best, but he's coming off 23TD/5INT as a Viking and has been a top 10 QB in terms of rating the last couple of years as a starter. Seems to fit the pattern. Bradford hasn't had the same "highs" to get back to but he's also playing better than those other two at the time of acquisition. There were huge questions about whether Warner could even play anymore in '05 and Palmer wasn't exactly lighting it up at that point in his career either. Bradford's actually playing well but out of the 3, his health is the biggest issue.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This move guarantees a QB will be drafted. Don’t like Bradford, but it validates the vision.

Yes, but will we draft a capable QBOF? Will Keim FOR ONCE IN HIS GD CAREER be aggressive and go get who we need, or will he 'let the draft come to him' yet again--translation being, will he sit on his ass, act scared, and once again lose out?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I can’t believe I’m one of the positive guys about this move. Single year, reasonable dollars, upside if stays healthy, bridge QB. Not sure what anyone was thinking. I think this is fine.

Hey look at it this way, we are no longer the only nfl team without a QB. And if he stays healthy he can help out Fitz a lot because he’s not a long ball guy.

Quagmire

The thread killa strikes again
Reaction score
Foles free agency is next year. Is it possible the Eagles asking price was too high, so went with Bradford for a year and no dead money on the cap? Now the focus will be on the o-line the first 3 rounds

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Atleast this forces the cardinals to invest in Offensive Line much more viogorously.

MartinD

Rookie
Reaction score
Hey, I've talked myself into it being a good move already!

For a cash-poor team without a QB, the Cardinals did okay. He has a good arm, can make the throws, can do what we need to be done. If you're worried that he's gonna break, sure, that's a possibility. It's also a possibility that Cousins goes down, that Darnold doesn't last, that Keenum returns to 2016 form....

If you're saying you know he won't survive the season, post the winning Powerball numbers next. Otherwise, you're just guessing.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
He was pretty good two years ago with the Vikings. If we get that level of production from him and DJ plays to the previous year's form, we'll be good.
At least you're living up to being an optimist.

I went to look up QB ratings and cam across this: Look at the bottom 3. Hilarious in that it could be the Cards QB room:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/year/2015

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope to hell Bradford makes the Vikings and their outrageous Cousins contract look stupid. They gave up 3 QBs for Cousins money. Spielman is an idiot.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Cards offered 145 million and 90 guaranteed to cousins . They were all in. Getting Bradford is like how Oklahoma State felt Sunday night

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I can’t believe I’m one of the positive guys about this move. Single year, reasonable dollars, upside if stays healthy, bridge QB. Not sure what anyone was thinking. I think this is fine.

Hey look at it this way, we are no longer the only nfl team without a QB. And if he stays healthy he can help out Fitz a lot because he’s not a long ball guy.

I'm not pissed about the move. I'm pissed the Keim has sat on his hands since 2013 when it came to drafting a qbotf.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I would rather have Teddy Bridgewater.

Why sign the guy with a bad knee, AND is older ?

I do not agree with this signing, but it is what it is now.

That is the bed the Cardinals have made, now they have to sleep in it. Ugh.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser