Sam Bradford A Cardinal

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This is just sad. Hello 1993. Ugh, I hate this stuff. KeimCo lost out on both of their main targets.

I think Bradford has been plan B from the start... he has arm talent and he knows our division,...and Keim knows him... Cousins was plan A,.... Bradford and a rookie was plan B.... Trading a kings ransom for Foles is likely plan C

I think trading for an iggles backup QB still has a lingering bitterness inside the Cards building

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just a one year deal Huh I trust they have a plan do draft a QBOTF

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This isn't that bad.

If Bradford plays like he did in 2016 he is better than AVG.

If not, he is only signed for one year.

We still badly need a rookie qb that can hopefully develop.

In some ways I understand this over Bridgewater, and McCarron, because they would want long term deals and with them you don't really know what you will get.

When Bradford is healthy he is better than Alex Smith who many here wanted, but I know it is unlikely he will stay healthy.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I would rather have Teddy Bridgewater.

Why sign the guy with a bad knee, AND is older ?

I do not agree with this signing, but it is what it is now.

That is the bed the Cardinals have made, now they have to sleep in it. Ugh.

Like some have mentioned already, this at least signals the drafting of a QB this year. Finally.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think Bradford has been plan B from the start... he has arm talent and he knows our division,...and Keim knows him... Cousins was plan A,.... Bradford and a rookie was plan B.... Trading a kings ransom for Foles is likely plan C

I think trading for an iggles backup QB still has a lingering bitterness inside the Cards building
I will say it again though...it is a bad plan. You can't just sign Bradford and draft a QB because it guarantees that the rookie will be playing sooner rather than later. Unless they trade up for Darnold or Mayfield, it is a huge issue because Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen as SUPER raw, and Rosen has injury question marks as well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t believe I’m one of the positive guys about this move. Single year, reasonable dollars, upside if stays healthy, bridge QB. Not sure what anyone was thinking. I think this is fine.

Hey look at it this way, we are no longer the only nfl team without a QB. And if he stays healthy he can help out Fitz a lot because he’s not a long ball guy.

shocker... Ouchie and I agree.

I don't get what y'all are freaking out about. Betting the farm on Cousins was a terrible idea, IMO. This is a one year deal, keeping the seat warm for our eventual QBOTF when he comes in week 4 after Bradford's leg falls off because someone sneezes on him.

Only reason I'll be pissed about this is if we just sit back and wait for a QB and do nothing aggressive in the draft to get one.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I will say it again though...it is a bad plan. You can't just sign Bradford and draft a QB because it guarantees that the rookie will be playing sooner rather than later. Unless they trade up for Darnold or Mayfield, it is a huge issue because Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen as SUPER raw, and Rosen has injury question marks as well.

I agree. But I think Keim is gonna go out of his comfort zone and trade up. It is the only logical solution at this point.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would rather have Teddy Bridgewater.

Why sign the guy with a bad knee, AND is older ?

I do not agree with this signing, but it is what it is now.

That is the bed the Cardinals have made, now they have to sleep in it. Ugh.

Polian said Bridgewater stilll isn't ready fwiw.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Decent plan B

its the old "if healthy.........", Bradford has the highest upside of the FA QBs, and, it looks like the offense will be an emphasis on the running game, a quick passing game with the occassional deep shot. The o will look much different than what we are used to seeing.

suggests an investment in the o-line and another solid RB as i think lots of carries will be available next season.

what i hope this doesnt mean: with Bradford, Keim thinks he can stay at 15 and take a QB that falls, or, wait until round 2 and take a Luke Falk ( and I like Luke Falk as a prospect).

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sigh. This is only good if he is a stop gap for 1 year while our R1 QB develops.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Bradford threw a fit when Wentz was drafted in philly? Keim HAD to have known/considered this
Sure. And doesn't Bradford know we are going to draft one? Look at the deal he signed. Easy out after one season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
shocker... Ouchie and I agree.

I don't get what y'all are freaking out about. Betting the farm on Cousins was a terrible idea, IMO. This is a one year deal, keeping the seat warm for our eventual QBOTF when he comes in week 4 after Bradford's leg falls off because someone sneezes on him.

Only reason I'll be pissed about this is if we just sit back and wait for a QB and do nothing aggressive in the draft to get one.

Get ready to be disappointed then.

Cleveland, Giants, Buffalo, Jets, Denver, Miami all are likely to want a rookie QB and have more ability to move up / or are already well above us in the draft.

I am 90% sure the cards are not trading up - in fact I bet they trade down towards the bottom of round one and take one of the 2nd tier QB's.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree. But I think Keim is gonna go out of his comfort zone and trade up. It is the only logical solution at this point.
Not to be a dick, but who wants to deal to 15?

You can trade back to 5 with Denver.
You can trade back to 6 with the Jets.
You can trade back to 12 with the Bills, who can also offer you 21 this year.

What is the motivation for the other team to go all the way back to 15 unless Arizona pays a ton more than the others offer?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Others NFL players are ripping the Cardinals for this massive overpay LOL.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
There really is no 'special' fix for the quarterback position, the fix is called the draft. Bradford has injury concerns yes, but when playing he is night and day better than Gabbert or Stanton. Sure there is a possibility we can find the guy in the draft, the percentages are always low in acquiring this position but since this franchise was able to find a miracle in Warner and to a lesser extent Palmer, why not. Draft that quarterback, and pray to the football gods we get it right

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McCarron and Glennon are bums. Bradford doesn't come without some legitimate concerns but he's a legitimate starting quarterback

Debatable

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser