Seahawks @ Cardinals prediction thread. 10/17

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Short week, time to move on.

The Seahawks are beatable on the road.
The question is can the Cardinals offense stop beating themselves?
I think this week they do.

Cardinals win!!!

I'm such a homer!

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hawks 24
Cards 9

Reaction score
the visiting team historically loses the thursday game. After the way we played niners away i think we will beat the seahags. it may not be pretty or logical or even cohesive but we will have a win.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seattle doesn't have the mondo tight end so that's a plus. The Cards defense can do enough to keep Seattle in check but not having CC is going to hurt. The Cards CAN win this game. Offensively, the Seahawks can be run on but overall they're #2 in defense. Going to be a low scoring game. If any of you were counting on this being the game the Cards score 24 in, it isn't going to happen. I see a score of 17-13 either way.*

*-In case there are some who are not sure what it means to hedge a bet, this is it.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd feel better if CC were playing. I think the Hags will go very vanilla against us, run run run. Probably be a tight game into the 3rd quarter but eventually our short offensive possessions, Lynch and having to chase Wilson side line to side line will wear the defense out.

Hawks 27 Cards 13

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
31-20 Cardinals

Yeah, you read that right.

Sent from RM's Super phone!

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
If the Cardinals can run the ball early and BA calls run plays early then I think the Cardinals have a chance. If BA goes to his normal MO of passing early then the Seahawks win going away.

I think the defense can put the clamps on the Seahag run game effectively enough to not allow it to be the dominant factor in the game. Roberts needs to see a few passes his way.

moosehead

All Star
Reaction score
I really, really want us to win but I think this is going to be a disaster.

34-7 Seahawks (Think)

17-10 Cardinals (Hope)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards score 24 points in first qtr. Win 24-23.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
24-16 Cards

Edit to add. Looks like the Cards are 6 1/2 point dog at home.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's something inside of me that really thinks we have a shot in this game, but ultimately, I don't think Palmer's a good enough QB not to make a couple of terrible mistakes against a great defense.

but, I think we do come back the next two weeks and beat Atlanta and Houston.

but this week...

Seahawks 24
Cardinals 16

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, how in the world did Ryan bleeping Fitzpatrick keep the game close in SEA? Cards need to try and do that. :)

Enter someone who likes Ryan Fitzpatrick in the next ten minutes....

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Seattle has a better defense than San Fran and has an offense that is clicking better. We will have to stop Wilson from moving around and Lynch from beating the hell out of us. I would like to think we have a chance but we would need to play mistake free football which I don't believe we can do. 24-10 Seahawks.

Reaction score
So, how in the world did Ryan bleeping Fitzpatrick keep the game close in SEA? Cards need to try and do that. :)

He really didn't - The Titans didn't even make it into the Seahawks Red Zone on offense until about 3 minutes were left in the 4th quarter. They had a couple of field goals, but their only TD was on a brain fart by Pete Carroll and emergency long-snapper Chris Maragos. Our normal kicker Steven Haushka had injured himself making a tackle on a kickoff a little earlier in the game (the returner really blew him up, and in doing so knocked his helmet back into his face giving him a bloody nose). This meant that the normal holder, Jon Ryan (who is our punter) was pressed into duty as an emergency kicker. We got a first down with the ball on about the 3 yard line with about 30 seconds left but no time outs and didn't throw into the end zone once - Russell tried to run it in once and we threw a ball to Baldwin in the flats. The smart thing to do without your normal kicker and with a 7-3 lead would just be to try one last time and punch it in with time expiring but instead we tried the emergency kicking team and it blew up in our faces. Maragos(a backup safety who DID hold for PATs extensively in college) fielded the ball cleanly at first but it was slick and squirted out of his hands as he tried to put it down. He then picked it up and tried to roll out and throw it but in doing so kind of flailed and threw the ball laterally - A Titans player picked up the ball and ran it back 97 or so yards for their only TD of the game.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He really didn't - The Titans didn't even make it into the Seahawks Red Zone on offense until about 3 minutes were left in the 4th quarter. They had a couple of field goals, but their only TD was on a brain fart by Pete Carroll and emergency long-snapper Chris Maragos. Our normal kicker Steven Haushka had injured himself making a tackle on a kickoff a little earlier in the game (the returner really blew him up, and in doing so knocked his helmet back into his face giving him a bloody nose). This meant that the normal holder, Jon Ryan (who is our punter) was pressed into duty as an emergency kicker. We got a first down with the ball on about the 3 yard line with about 30 seconds left but no time outs and didn't throw into the end zone once - Russell tried to run it in once and we threw a ball to Baldwin in the flats. The smart thing to do without your normal kicker and with a 7-3 lead would just be to try one last time and punch it in with time expiring but instead we tried the emergency kicking team and it blew up in our faces. Maragos(a backup safety who DID hold for PATs extensively in college) fielded the ball cleanly at first but it was slick and squirted out of his hands as he tried to put it down. He then picked it up and tried to roll out and throw it but in doing so kind of flailed and threw the ball laterally - A Titans player picked up the ball and ran it back 97 or so yards for their only TD of the game.
So Palmer needs to game manage/Cards need to consider punting on 3rd down. If Titans can lead after 3 quarters in SEA, there is a chance!

:)

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Prediction based on # of Cardinal turnovers:

0 Cardinal turnovers: AZ 27, Seattle 17
1 Cardinal turnover: AZ 23, Seattle 20
2 or more Cardinal turnovers: Seattle 31, AZ 13

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seattle is 5 & 1, so let's start there.

Review the stats and a few things leap out at you.

Except for some really sick numbers (both vs. the run and rushing the passer) by all three DL starters (Clemons, Mebane and Bryant) their PFF numbers aren't all that exceptional.

Yet when you look at more traditional stats, you learn that:

Wilson ran about half the carries as Lynch last week and is, in fact, Seattle's #2 ballcarrier.

Their run-pass ratio is 50-50. They've outgained their opponents by 50% in running yards and by a wide margin in passing yards.

They've scored twice as many TD's as their opponents and enjoy nearly as much of an edge in FG's attempted and made. No FG attempts were from outside the 50.

They have a +7 turnover ratio.

Tate is averaging about 11.3 yards per punt return. Seattle opponents are averaging just 1.2.

In short, as a team, Seattle has outperformed its PFF statistics for individual players. Why? Possible reasons; (1) Wilson's scrambling success extends drives. (2) Lynch is so good he makes his blockers look good. (3) Seattle has few if any weaknesses across the board (i.e. there are few if any holes for opponents to exploit).

How to beat them? Play hard, cut down on mistakes, stop Lynch, contain Wilson. And pray.

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Key to the game is containing Wilson AND Lynch. The Seattle O-line is hurting, but the defense is not. Seattle is much better at home than on the road. Should have lost at both Carolina and Houston IMO. Very winnable game and the Cardinals should have the advantage because Seattle has to travel on a short week.

I think the Cardinals remember the 58-0 thrashing and how Petey ran up the score on them.

Darnell, please kick their butts. I want to see them leave with their tail between their legs. And by all means run up the score if possible. Pete will understand.