Season thread. The Diamondbacks start their run to the playoffs tonight

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
the pitching was just over the top in this game. it just worries me that the hitting still stinks.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just got home and the Diamondbacks are down 1-0 in the 6th. They said the Reds oitcher has 9 strikeouts. This offense is making him look like Cy Young.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this offense is like a damn broken record - in the offseason - all this team needs to do is one thing - Get one big bat - come on guys score some damn runs.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You gotta love Traber and his rally singing. That was funny.

Azn517

Reaction score
Damn I don't know know wats more painful...listening to Traber sing ...or this watching this offense. So if his singing is is what its gonna take for this offense to get goin than gosh darn it keep singing!!:thumbup:

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey guys, how can we get more people on this site to join us during the games?

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
man, mantei's become a real shut-the-door closer huh? nice luxury we have- 2 of them!

i remember when he used to be a brainless thrower, and he'd get into trouble with his control, throw even harder, and get his arm in trouble...

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks win 3-1!!! MVP goes to Gonzo, Batista and Q. Props to Kata and the bullpen. Randolph is now 7-0.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Game Over ... D-backs win 3-1!

The D-backs ownership of the Reds continues (we currently have a 16 game winning streak against them)! :thumbup:

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dodgers just tied it against Florida in the 9th and are still threatening.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now you can call me crazy - but I was just looking at ours and Giants schedule - if we can get even a split from the Braves or better yet take three of four from them, this team actually has an opportunity to get back in with Frsico by the time the two teams play each other at Bank One at the end of our long homestand - they got some tough series against the Braves, Marlins and some roadies along the way - jeez - if our bats could ever just become consistent - this team would murder people - our bully is second to none and our starting pitching is awesome - even with Unit not a full strength. Hey we all thought the Giants were long gone at this point last season, something like 10 out around this time and they put considerable heat on our necks down to the last day of the season - the wild card is within reach, but if these guys get their act completely together - there is still a run to be made at Frisco - another solid series win - now get the sweep and take at least a split against the Bravos.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3-1 Reds in the 4th. Just got home but sounds like Webb does not have it tonight. Rally time!!!