Season thread. The Diamondbacks start their run to the playoffs tonight

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3-2 on Counsell's hit but he is thrown out at second. Kata and Counsell for hitting at the top spots are not very fast. I like Cintron batting second because he has a lot more speed than Counsell.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
anyone notice brandon webb starts to slip at a pitch count in the 90's? happens every time, i think...

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
anyway, brandy looks cooked. he pitched a helluvan inning back there.i hope the dbacks score twice in the next frame to get him the win. come on gonzo! mondi!

Last edited:

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
top of the f-in ninth. man, this team is becoming REALLY hard to root for. they can't hit anything. and it's not like we're up against the dodgers or oakland. our hitting is just stinking up the place.

at least counsell is playing really well.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks lose 3-2. The only good thing was they took the series. On to Atlanta and looking for at least 2 wins and then it is home to BOB where they hit much better.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
Diamondbacks lose 3-2. The only good thing was they took the series. On to Atlanta and looking for at least 2 wins and then it is home to BOB where they hit much better.

gotta get the split in Atlanta - then come home and rip off a nice little streak to get us on top of the wild card race again.

BOB_Man24

Go Cats!
Reaction score
Well the guys are trying to make things happen on rather lousy hitting.

We won two, and we have typically played great against the Braves in Atlanta, so if we split the series that will be good, if we somehow get 3 that would be great.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did you guys know that on September 4 the Diamondbacks will make up that game against the Royals?

Also, after the Atlanta series the Diamondbacks will have 23 home games left and 15 road ones.

BOB_Man24

Go Cats!
Reaction score
Good because we play a lot better at home....

However, when we were hot and hitting, we actually can play pretty darned good on the road...

No i didnt know they were making that game up, but its gonna be crucial for both teams so it makes sense...

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Missed tonight's game. Saw we had 11 hits but the Braves scored 10. Did they have a lot of scoring chances? Looked like Spivey and Cintron and Kata had left runners on base. Guess Randy did not do well. Maybe it will all come together tomorrow.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This could be a long night for the Braves. 4 runs already and 4 walks to go with that one being a basesloaded walk to Dessens.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It gets worse. Oropresa is given a lead and now they are losing 9-6 with the Braves still up.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well the pitching has been a letdown these last two games. Curt goes tomorrow and will try and stop this losing streak. Good luck Curt.

These next two games are big because after Monday the next 13 are are BOB. That homestand will be huge because we will know after it if the Diamondbacks are still in contention.

WizardOfAz

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wild Card Standings thru Saturday's games:

Philadelphia 68 54
Florida 68 55
Arizona 64 58
Chicago Cubs 64 58
St. Louis 64 59
Los Angeles 63 59
Montreal 63 60

Keep an eye on the Dodgers......

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Time to start a winning streak. Unfortunately I can only watch the first hour because I promised to help paint my friends bedroom.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What the hell is Gonzo thinking? He tried to score on Cintron's hit but does not slide. Barajas is motioning for him to slide and he does not. He would of been safe if he slid. Unbelievable!

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
What the hell is Gonzo thinking? He tried to score on Cintron's hit but does not slide. Barajas is motioning for him to slide and he does not. He would of been safe if he slid. Unbelievable!

And Bautista in the eighth.

This team makes more mental errors than any Dback team since 98. I'm sorry but the person that should be held accountable is the manager. It just seems like their heads aren't in the game half the time. If its not base running mistakes its errors or being out of position....

And I won't even get into the lack of discipline and concentration at the plate.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Originally posted by devilalum
And Bautista in the eighth.

This team makes more mental errors than any Dback team since 98. I'm sorry but the person that should be held accountable is the manager. It just seems like their heads aren't in the game half the time. If its not base running mistakes its errors or being out of position....

And I won't even get into the lack of discipline and concentration at the plate.

If the players' heads aren't in the game I blame the players. These are major league veterans. I'm sure Brenly preaches fundamentals, but if the players don't do it what is Brenly to do? Bench Gonzon in favor of McCracken? I mean, this team is not deep. Brenly can preach all he wants but if the players don't listen that is their problem.

adam