Season thread. The Diamondbacks start their run to the playoffs tonight

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
I was busy watching the Cubs meltdown against St Louis (I forgot our game started at 8:30 CST tonight), and now it looks like I made it in time to watch Curt do the same...we absolutely need this game tonight so we can gain ground before the Gnats come to town!! Seven hits off of Schilling already? Aaaack!!

C'mon boys - - get those runs back!!

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Top of the 6th and still down 4-2. Why is Counsell playing? He can't hit since his injury. Brenly is an idiot. At least Spivey has some pop and this offense needs all it can get.

IndyDevil

Defensive liability
Reaction score
Burroughs strikes again - Padres now up 5-2....my MLB.com picture is a bit hazy, but didn't Hillenbrand have a decent shot at stopping the ball??

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Shea would of put his body in front of it he would of stopped it. I am getting very frustrated right now. I have not given up but this is such a wasted chance. These are sorry Padres they are losing to.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Grand slam by Nevin, 10-2. Goodnight everyone. Hopefully the day off will make the players realize they need to come out and play every game. Need to take 3 of 4 from the Giants.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks gain on the Phillies because the Phillies once again lost to the Expos. It is going to be a wacky 30 games.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
More great news, the Marlins lost 5-0. This race is going to go down to the very end.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's going to be a crazy 4 weeks. Time for the Diamondbacks to get hot.

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
dare i believe my eyes?! the dbacks drive in all 3 guys who were on base...tell me i'm not dreaming. i don't remember this happening since...last season? :D

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just got home and saw that inning. I figured once Gonzo swung at that first pitch and made an out they were doomed. Great at-bat by Mondesi and Shea and Junior come thru.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Junior made it 5-3 with another rbi. Brenly needs to keep Spivey in the line-up because he has more pop than Counsell. It is now 5-3 in the bottom of the 6th.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks win 5-4! MVP goes to Spivey and Shea. Props to Batista and the bullpen. By the way, that home run by Galarraga was sick. It made it to Friday's.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one team in this race is gonna have one big winning streak -6 or seven games and distance themselves from the rest - let's see it backs - been hanging on by a thread all year long - one final pushg, one final hot streakl of the bats - none of these other squads have the championship experience this team has - lets' see it for once - come on unit - come back baby, come back.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
COME ON DBACKS!!!

Down by 2, Bottom of the 9th, one out, Mondesi on 3rd, Spivey on 1st... and Bautista up to bat!!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bautista almost hit into a double play, but Mondesi scored.. 2-1 Giants.. two out, Bautista at 1st and Baerga pinch hitting...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake