Shelton Really does suck!!!

Bobcat

Reaction score
LJ played tonight against the Vikes like a player who wants to be cut...!!!

He really looked bad.

Allan :shrug:

football24/7

Registered
Reaction score
He sure got stomped on a few pass rushes. One play he got beat, and King was buried. Not a good way to get out of the doghouse.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Sorry guys before you jumped on LJ remember that he hasn't been getting any reps on training camp and if he is its only here and there.

seesred

Reaction score
LJ can flat out play we have seen it. Give him time and don't forget he is an awfull big cap hit.It wont be that easy even if he is looking to be cut.

GBR

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Sorry guys before you jumped on LJ remember that he hasn't been getting any reps on training camp and if he is its only here and there.

um, that's ridiculous. just b/c you're not running w/ the first team doesn't mean you're not getting reps. he should be in fine shape considering he's been cleared since the beginning of camp. no excuse.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
um, that's ridiculous. just b/c you're not running w/ the first team doesn't mean you're not getting reps. he should be in fine shape considering he's been cleared since the beginning of camp. no excuse.

Before you jumped in have you been reading all the post and things the guys on the radio has been saying on LJ? The Oline coach and DG haven't been giving him any reps, none at all. You need reps to get back into groove with things. No excuse? We all know the guy can play better LT than Davis.

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
I think they were saying he wasn't getting any reps, or few reps "with the first team". He's playing on the second team all the time at LT.

Also, he got beat by the 2nd string Defense. I fully expected him to dominate in an attempt to push for a starting job next week. Instead he gives up 2 sacks to a second stringer.

Maybe Green does know what he's doing.

OP
OP
Bobcat

Bobcat

Reaction score
seesred said:
LJ can flat out play we have seen it. Give him time and don't forget he is an awfull big cap hit.It wont be that easy even if he is looking to be cut.

GBR

You can only thank Mac and Graves for the Cap hit. Mac is still killing us.

"The Heart of a Looser...Thanks again Mac!!!

Allan :shrug:

pete

All Star
Reaction score
AntSports Steve said:
I think they were saying he wasn't getting any reps, or few reps "with the first team". He's playing on the second team all the time at LT.

Also, he got beat by the 2nd string Defense. I fully expected him to dominate in an attempt to push for a starting job next week. Instead he gives up 2 sacks to a second stringer.

Maybe Green does know what he's doing.

That was kind of how I saw it too. LJ was getting beat by nobodys.

I thought maybe his demotion was a motivational ploy on Green's part, but after watching LJ last night, he could very well be cut if he throws up a couple more performances like that one.

Maybe he wants to get cut so he can start over somewhere else.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree he did look pretty sorry last night. It seems as if I remember him being quoted as saying he absolutely would not play any position on the OL but LT when Davis was drafted. Does anyone else remember that? If that's true I wonder if he is sticking to that now? He couldn't be any worse at RT than Clement, could he? :shrug:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LJ stunk like a moldy can of ass. That was pathetic. He can pay better than that. He f'n gave up last night. He was hanging his head, playing at about half speed, not really trying.

CUT HIS ASS.

On the flipside, Davis wasn't too bad.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Throwing away reputation and motivation for a moment and strictly focusing on his play -

Shelton looked slow, out of shape and gimpy. He didn't stay with his man outside and gave up a sack. And he and Roundtree failed to lock onto their men on a running attempt by Croom that got blown up in the backfield - and you could see them standing around after the play.

Maybe LJ will improve. Maybe he's rusty. Maybe he's playing hurt. Maybe he's got things on his mind. Maybe he can be more effective at RT or guard. All I know is what I saw, and it wasn't good.

Reaction score
BigRedArk said:
I agree he did look pretty sorry last night. It seems as if I remember him being quoted as saying he absolutely would not play any position on the OL but LT when Davis was drafted. Does anyone else remember that? If that's true I wonder if he is sticking to that now? He couldn't be any worse at RT than Clement, could he? :shrug:

If Clements back is better, he might have a decent year...

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
For some reason, Tivo didn't start recording the game until midway through the second quarter for me.... Bad Tivo!!! :hulk:

That said, I got to see a lot of LJ, and I was surprised at how bad he looked. I'm not sure what his problem is, injury or sulking, but I can not see him making the team putting up these types of performances. Disgraceful.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Capital Card said:
For some reason, Tivo didn't start recording the game until midway through the second quarter for me.... Bad Tivo!!! :hulk:
Bad NFL network, they started the game early and didn't update their schedule

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
I agree, he has no excuse. He should have dominated against second teamers. He didn't. I must say I was very disappointed with his play.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Before you jumped in have you been reading all the post and things the guys on the radio has been saying on LJ? The Oline coach and DG haven't been giving him any reps, none at all. You need reps to get back into groove with things. No excuse? We all know the guy can play better LT than Davis.

few reps with the first team (which i HAVE read) does not mean few reps period. every camp needs lots of bodies b/c of how many reps there are in general. he's taken 2nd string snaps throughout camp. it's no excuse.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
BigRedArk said:
He couldn't be any worse at RT than Clement, could he? :shrug:

That's not fair, at all. I was watching AC for all the time he was on the field, and he was well containing the rush ends. He was one of the better OLs out there on Saturday.

The one sack that came off the right side was a designed trap (or something) where AC was covering the middle of the line. He was covering his man.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
That's not fair, at all. I was watching AC for all the time he was on the field, and he was well containing the rush ends. He was one of the better OLs out there on Saturday.

The one sack that came off the right side was a designed trap (or something) where AC was covering the middle of the line. He was covering his man.
I thought Clement played well along with Davis and Wells.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I thought Clement played well along with Davis and Wells.

I wasn't keeping my eye on the left side of the line, so I can't really say. I was watching AC, and he seemed to be holding his own. He wasn't flashy, but he was steady, against decent competition.

The problem was that Josh didn't look like he knew what he was doing (did you seem his eyes run over his progressions once?), and the WRs didn't get open at all.

Sam Wise

Big, Dumb, Stupid Looking
Reaction score
Clement did hold his own, but Roundtree and Grace need to go ASAP.