Should the Suns trade Ayton?

• Yes, trade him ASAP

• Maybe, depends on who is hired as coach

• No, let's see what he can do without Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Oh I agree. Was just using that as a comparison to evaluating someone skills. Teams draft players based on what they see in college but ultimately it doesn't always translate when put up against NBA talent.
True and this video might also not translate, but I’m looking at the tools—strength, speed, lateral movement. Those are things that aren’t necessarily dictated by the level of competition. And all of those look better than all of last year. But it’s only one game against Cuba. It’s also the first competitive game he’s played since Game 6.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
True and this video might also not translate, but I’m looking at the tools—strength, speed, lateral movement. Those are things that aren’t necessarily dictated by the level of competition. And all of those look better than all of last year. But it’s only one game against Cuba. It’s also the first competitive game he’s played since Game 6.
He could just as easily be out here looking slow and timid in these FIBA games, so I will absolutely take it if he is legitimately looking fast and aggressive. There is no reason why it couldn't carry over to the NBA, but that of course doesn't mean it will.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adding Eric Gordon to the Suns roster may have additional benefits since he is playing with Ayton on Team Bahamas.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a big deal. It is called "accommodation". In linguistics it is the process by which participants in a conversation adjust their accent, diction, or other aspects of language according to the speech style of the other participant(s). If he's hanging around his Bahamian brothers, he's going to adopt their way of speaking.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm clowning him? Boy, I'm not sure if you're overly sensitive or what, but I'm pretty sure I'm not clowning him.
I didn’t say you. I said the people on the social media. Not everything needs to be a fight, Chap.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Some just need to watch rookie-Ayton to see what he can do against nba comp, slowly under Monty his looks and touches were going down as he was being created into a role playing center. I still have hope for DA under a new coaching staff.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some just need to watch rookie-Ayton to see what he can do against nba comp, slowly under Monty his looks and touches were going down as he was being created into a role playing center. I still have hope for DA under a new coaching staff.

I'd like to see the return of 3rd year, 2020-21, Ayton.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are not. He looks more like a small forward than a center now. He looks even less prepared to bang with the bigs down low. He's really going to need to learn how to box out properly as just jumping over guys isn't going to be enough.

I can see a lot of potential with a big, mobile front line of Durant, Eubanks and Ayton. I'm not going to get into position labels.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I can see a lot of potential with a big, mobile front line of Durant, Eubanks and Ayton. I'm not going to get into position labels.
I'll be surprised if that lineup ever sees the floor. Jock and Ayton could have played together but they never did. Maybe Vogel will think more out of the box than Monty, but I'll be surprised if Ayton and Eubanks ever share the floor together.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'll be surprised if that lineup ever sees the floor. Jock and Ayton could have played together but they never did. Maybe Vogel will think more out of the box than Monty, but I'll be surprised if Ayton and Eubanks ever share the floor together.
I don't know if it ever happening should be a surprise. Some teams play pretty big and those two could easily play together at times against those teams. It certainly won't be a regular occurrence though.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know, the fact that he is aggressive and showing quick foot speed looks pretty good to me -- better against inferior talent than in a shootaround in an empty gym.
Yep. Its the perfect time for a new coach. A coach who loves centers, and Ayton is looking really lean. He might play more like a pf this year--not that he will play pf of course.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed that. I was in the Bahamas a couple of months ago and he sounds just like the natives where he didnt previous
Ha! He grew up there. A lot of people purposefully lose their home accent when living in the US, but revert to it when they go back home.

"It's not rocket surgery"

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL glad I wasn’t the only one who noticed that. I was in the Bahamas a couple of months ago and he sounds just like the natives where he didnt previous
Ha! He grew up there. A lot of people purposefully lose their home accent when living in the US, but revert to it when they go back home.

"It's not rocket surgery"

Exactly. My dad was born in Kentucky, they moved to Arizona while he was in grade school, no sign of an accent now, but any time we would go visit family all the sudden he sounded like a hayseed!

Actually, there is one word that he has an accent, Monday, which he pronounces “Mun-dee”.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe getting in good cardo shape is helping DA with aggressiveness. Maybe?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05