Should the Suns trade Ayton?

• Yes, trade him ASAP

• Maybe, depends on who is hired as coach

• No, let's see what he can do without Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Adding Eubanks helps at center but there is reason I would like the Suns to add more depth at the 4/5 as well.

Metu is probably more of a center than a power forward, but that's not saying a lot.

I'd be for the Suns adding FC Usman Garuba on a two-way contract if this were an option.

Bol Bol is sort of a wild card, but I think he can occasionally be a factor on defense when it comes to shot blocking.

I view Azubuike as insurance at center. The Suns can use a space eater inside.

You want 5 backup centers?

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ill take it. This team has been a halfway house for tiny shooting guards for WAY to damn long.
That's 5 people to find 1 or 2 monsters that can and wants to play. The rest can be canned at a later date.

We have the scoring under control, we need enforcers, rebounders and rim defense. We can't really depend on our #1 Center if the past is any indication.
I'm not gonna pretend the narrative has been changed till I see it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A couple of players I mentioned would be on two-way contracts. My preference is to have a solid backup center behind Ayton like Eubanks and have power forwards that can play center.

Bol Bol is not a center and Metu may not be up to the job either.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I dont like the depth at Center. I believe it's their weakest spot. Eubanks may prove to be a decent backup but he's only 6'9" and is a Center simply because of how the league has changed. Metu is in a similar spot, more of a PF who can play C. Ayton will end up missing no less than a dozen games this year. He's not one to play through injuries and that's when we'll need more. Signing Azubiueke to a Two-Way helps but I'd like another real Center on the bench. Losing Biz hurts. He'd be a solid 3rd string C or occasional backup or starter if DA is out.

I dont envision Bol Bol as a Center at all. He'd be a surprise as a positive rotation player as is, IMO. Being a positive defensive rim protector would be downright shocking since he hasn't show that anywhere before, which is why he's played PF everywhere else.
I think it’s odd that you dismiss eubanks and metu as not real centers because they’re 6’9 while admitting the league has changed and being wistful for biz who was 6’8.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it’s odd that you dismiss eubanks and metu as not real centers because they’re 6’9 while admitting the league has changed and being wistful for biz who was 6’8.

Those two new guys essentially replaced biz's skill set but with better offense. Same heights, Eubanks has slightly less timing but better weakside help, and Metu is more rounded than Biz on offense.

I think along with Bol and Azubuki, that adds enough variety to the mix. Bol more skilled obviously and Az more of a big body inside.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Biz has proven himself much more than Eubanks and Metu combined. He's also more stout at 255 lbs. That's 30 pounds over Metu. I never said Biz would be ideal but mentioned him as the type of extra C I'd like to see on the bench, established veteran that will come in and bang down low working the boards and protecting the rim. I could have said Javale McGee as well since he helped fill that role here recently but Biz came to mind first. Size isn't the only issue I have with Eubanks and Meth. Neither has much of a resumé at this point.

Say we face Milwaukee or Denver and Ayton isn't around because he stubbed his toe, wouldn't you like someone else other than Metu and Eubanks to throw at Giannis or Jokic? Wouldn't you like a more experienced vet with playoff experience to fill that role?

Unlike others, I'm placing zero faith in Ayton turning it around here. He's shown us who he is over and over again, regardless of Monty being replaced, I don't see him suddenly developing a consistent motor.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Huh? Eubanks has been a solid backup center, Biz has been third string most of his career.

Biz was a starter for roughly half his career and a backup for the other. He didn't fall to 3rd string until coming here and that was largely due to his knees being shot and not being available for big minutes nightly. He split time with Frank and then Zeller in Charlotte for about a decade. He started more than half of their games, which definitely isn't 3rd string.

Eubanks has 1 year of being on a guaranteed deal, last year, and played backup for a bad Portland team. He saw some time in the previous season after being picked up by Portland because Nurkic was injured again but they were in full tank mode by that point. Eubanks isn't some proven veteran or he would have received Jock money from somewhere. He has a little over a year in the league playing regular minutes and all of that was basically in Portland, one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Biz has proven himself much more than Eubanks and Metu combined. He's also more stout at 255 lbs. That's 30 pounds over Metu. I never said Biz would be ideal but mentioned him as the type of extra C I'd like to see on the bench, established veteran that will come in and bang down low working the boards and protecting the rim. I could have said Javale McGee as well since he helped fill that role here recently but Biz came to mind first. Size isn't the only issue I have with Eubanks and Meth. Neither has much of a resumé at this point.

Say we face Milwaukee or Denver and Ayton isn't around because he stubbed his toe, wouldn't you like someone else other than Metu and Eubanks to throw at Giannis or Jokic? Wouldn't you like a more experienced vet with playoff experience to fill that role?

Unlike others, I'm placing zero faith in Ayton turning it around here. He's shown us who he is over and over again, regardless of Monty being replaced, I don't see him suddenly developing a consistent motor.
Of course I’d like more than those guys. But that’s not realistic. Who else were we going to get? Biz ain’t doing much better than eubanks against Gianni’s or jokic and can actually pull them from the paint.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I like Biz, but statistically Eubanks does everything Biz does, while also being faster, more durable and more efficient. Biz is a career fringe rotation guy, Eubanks, I think, is above that.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I have more offensive game than Biyombo. That’s all you need to know about that argument

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think McGee and Biyombo will find their way to an NBA roster. It's about defense with these guys, not offense. Whether it is on the Suns remains to be seen.

The Suns have scoring.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uhm KD can play small ball 5 with Book, Beal, Gordon & Yuta. You think the other coach is going to counter with a big stiff to try an cover that?

There will be matchups in games where this will happen, but I don't want Durant to get beat up at power forward, much less a center. I see Durant as more of a finesse player at this stage of his career, a slasher, playmaker and shooter. Of course, come playoff time, he will do more.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course I’d like more than those guys. But that’s not realistic. Who else were we going to get? Biz ain’t doing much better than eubanks against Gianni’s or jokic and can actually pull them from the paint.

Why isn't it realistic? I haven't gone over all free agency signings this summer but I imagine someone was better than Metu, I would have preferred Saric to return for example. I hope it works with what we have but I believe the weakness of this team is the frontcourt and wish it were addressed better this off-season. The only no brainer signings we made were Bates-Diop and Gordon. I like retaining Okogie and signing Yuta also but the rest of the bench leaves a lot to be desired.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Love Bizmac but every player we signed this offseason is better than and have more upside than Biz today.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Biz is a good interior defender... and that is just about it.

I like the guy, fun to root for, seems like a really good dude, but he's only useful situationally.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Biz is a good interior defender... and that is just about it.

I like the guy, fun to root for, seems like a really good dude, but he's only useful situationally.
Yeah those knees just ruined his game. He can still defend and his range starts and stops at the rim but he plays hard and within himself so there's that. I'd love to have him as an emergency center but he's not someone you can count on for any real minutes, not even backup minutes.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I love Biz, but if he’s so much better than Eubanks and Metu combined, why isn’t he even in a roster?
I am wondering if he's even looking to play. I follow him on Twitter, and that dude is always doing something for his country, charity, etc.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seriously? You think he just casually dissed all his previous teammates because he misspoke? He may be immature but he's not stupid, he said want he wanted to say. It's controversy, we can only hope that Devin and company are willing to just laugh it off so that it soon becomes a forgotten story.
Not a dis. Just because he really likes these teammates does not mean he does not like the others. Besides. He did not say "the best players". There is a special comraderie playing for a national team, especially from a small country like the Bahamas. They have had more success than that country has ever had in their basketball program. Some kind of superlative is in order. He really loved playing with that group. I just don't get the big deal. It's August.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a dis. Just because he really likes these teammates does not mean he does not like the others. Besides. He did not say "the best players". There is a special comraderie playing for a national team, especially from a small country like the Bahamas. They have had more success than that country has ever had in their basketball program. Some kind of superlative is in order. He really loved playing with that group. I just don't get the big deal. It's August.
I get the exuberance. We all misspeak at times and DA has opened his mouth without thinking before but to me the comment just doesn't seem like one that he'd make accidentally. Hope you guys are right.