So long Leonard

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
On the surface, I would say that it is incredibly stupid not to get SOME compensation for LD. I can't believe that we are letting the best T on the FA market AND a 2nd overall pick walk for nothing.

I will see how this plays out, but we had better get someone like Max Starks out of this mess or I will see this as a failure.

Max Starks while a decent young tackle isn't as good as big, and will cost us either a 1st and 3rd, or a 1st more than likely. This is an absolutely enormous mistake, but giving the history of the team is expected.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did Seattle get for Steve Hutchinson?

What did San Diego get for Drew Brees?

What did Phillly get for Reggie White?

There are many more I can't think of right now.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hutch was had a transition tag, so I think they did get something for him.

But even if they didn't--does that make it a good move? Because other teams have let players who went on to pro-bowls after they left, letting Davis walk should have our stamp of approval?

If anything, these examples show the folly of letting a talented player that you could easily have kept just walk away.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

Nope, Transition tag has zero compensation. The only reason to use the tag is it gives the right to match an offer by another team but that doesn't often happen because of the use of "poison pills"

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Well in San Diego's situation they had Bree's replacement already on the roster.

Seattle and Philly didn't get better the next season after those 2 players left. Philly went from 11-5 to 8-8 and then 7-9. Seattle went from 13-3 to 9-7.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is that you are so sure of all of this?

You chastise K9 because he doesn't know exactly what the decision making process is in the Cards inner sanctum but at the same time you assure us of all the things I bolded above. Tell us what is the extent of your inside knowledge of how and who makes the decisions on player personnel?

Maybe I'm just a lot smarter than K9. Why don't you let him answer for himself.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

But even if they didn't--does that make it a good move? Because other teams have let players who went on to pro-bowls after they left, letting Davis walk should have our stamp of approval?

If anything, these examples show the folly of letting a talented player that you could easily have kept just walk away.

Yep, Seattle got a chance to match the offer.

Just because other teams are letting quality players go, that doesn't make the decision anymore justified.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just a lot smarter than K9. Why don't you let him answer for himself.

Get real...I'm sure you have more hands-on experience with stuff like cotton gins and horseless carriages, but K9 has you beat in knowledge of current technologies...and the Force!

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I don't like this one bit BUT I am going to trust in Whiz and Grimm that they didn't think LD was worth that kind of money and they have a plan to replace him.

LD will not be a Cardinal next year...He is the premier Olineman on the market and he will command serious money from several suitors...probably going home to Texas for the Texans.

If he signs with the Texans and they replace David Carr...with a solid FA and Draft, they are a playoff team, IMO.

Reaction score
I don't like this one bit BUT I am going to trust in Whiz and Grimm that they didn't think LD was worth that kind of money and they have a plan to replace him.

LD will not be a Cardinal next year...He is the premier Olineman on the market and he will command serious money from several suitors...probably going home to Texas for the Texans.

If he signs with the Texans and they replace David Carr...with a solid FA and Draft, they are a playoff team, IMO.

:biglaugh: your funny.. as jim mora would say it.. playoffffs. playofffs?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Seattle watched their Franchise left tackle turn into merely an above-average player and never found a replacement for Hutchinson.

San Diego had Phillip Rivers waiting in the wings.

One team ended up definitely worse off. Another team had a plan firmly in place. The Arizona Cardinals are neither of these examples.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Disappointing...I don't see them getting anyone better for that position so the o-line is gonna get worse. Same old, same old... Anyone that defends any move the Cardinals make is a fool. If they did anything right they would've had more than 1 good team by now...and the players that left wouldn't keep going on to have success elsewhere.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disappointing...I don't see them getting anyone better for that position so the o-line is gonna get worse. Same old, same old... Anyone that defends any move the Cardinals make is a fool. If they did anything right they would've had more than 1 good team by now...and the players that left wouldn't keep going on to have success elsewhere.
I think the move they made drafting Q was the worst!!

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I think the move they made drafting Q was the worst!!
Bad moves outweigh the good ones, especially the ones with letting people go. If they even had average management they wouldn't be this bad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05