Sources: Lakers trying to acquire Suns forward Trevor Ariza in a three-team deal

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sounds like the salaries to be traded will need to be near the $15 million range. This might be a clue.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It sounds like the salaries to be traded will need to be near the $15 million range. This might be a clue.

Sadly, the one name being floated that falls into that category is (gulp) Jeremy Lin, who makes upwards of $12 million. If we're even considering that route, we might as well bring back Mike James. (Yes, I think Lin is that bad as a point guard, with both being flashy from time to time but being style over substance with erratic shooting, poor shot selection, unreliable passing and zero defense.)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Draft assets are like cash in the NBA.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
hope we don't get hosed by the Lakers and have to watch Chandler and Ariza tearing it up in the playoffs
Really? After a cup of coffee in PHX, Ariza having success in LA would suck for you? Even Chandler wasn't here long enough for that type of loyalty, IMO.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Exum is an interesting one, but he just can't shoot to save his life. Lin might be a good move. I'd have to look back at his injury history, though.
Do they really need a PG that shoots?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

They need one who shoots well enough to keep defenses honest. Otherwise, it is like playing 4 on 5 on offense, with opposing teams just sagging off of the point guard and covering the passing lanes. The offense gets bogged down to nothing at that point. We saw precisely that with Tyler Ulis last year (and Ulis is a better shooter than Exum), which is why Ulis was let go even though he was by far the best point guard we had on the roster.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outside of the month-long "Linsanity" period, Jeremy Lin has proved to be G-League level. No thanks. We have enough of that crap.
Lin played really well in Charlotte for a year. After he left, Charlotte went to crap. Parker is playing well for the Hornets now. Crossover is playing well I'm not as down on old skilled players as I once was.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yes. The poorer the shooter at the one, the more doubles Booker and others will have to deal with. Maybe if Ayton turns into a force down low we could get by with just a distributor/defender but most teams need a real threat at the point in today's game.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Really? After a cup of coffee in PHX, Ariza having success in LA would suck for you? Even Chandler wasn't here long enough for that type of loyalty, IMO.

no loyalty, just a shame they didn't do jack here, and they could have really helped the suns

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no loyalty, just a shame they didn't do jack here, and they could have really helped the suns

Sometimes it looks like Ariza was signed to be traded although I don't think that was the intent.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lin played really well in Charlotte for a year. After he left, Charlotte went to crap. Parker is playing well for the Hornets now. Crossover is playing well I'm not as down on old skilled players as I once was.

His year in Charlotte, he averaged 11.7 points on 41.2% shooting taking over 9 shots a game, 33.6% from three, 3 assists, 1.9 turnovers, 0.7 steals, 13.8 PER.

If that's "really well" for him, I want no part of him.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
If they can flip Ariza for a PG that makes them tolerable to watch Id be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they can flip Ariza for a PG that makes them tolerable to watch Id be happy.

The same here and even more so if the point guard projects to have a future with the Suns.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns are not looking for a center anymore but I like to see Zubac from the Lakers included in a trade.

The Lakers do not play him much. He is an expiring contract for $1,544,951.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
hope we don't get hosed by the Lakers and have to watch Chandler and Ariza tearing it up in the playoffs
Listen. Chandler and Ariza might "tear it up" but what difference does that make for us? They were never going to do it here.

We need a starting point guard though, or no deal.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
If we do a 3 way sending Ariza to the Lakers, with KCP going to a 3rd team, I don't see the Clips, however they have a couple we may be able to get from them.

Here's a listing of Teams that may be willing to make some swaps:

Atlanta: Lin
Boston: Rozier
Brooklyn: Dinwiddie, Russell
Chicago: Dunn
Cleveland: Clarkson
Denver: IT
Detroit: Ish
Indiana: Evans, Holiday
LA Clips: Beverly, Teodosic, Bradley
Memphis: Mack
Miami: Dragic
Milwaukee: Brogdon
Minnesota: Jones, Teague
New Orleans: Holiday
New York: Burke, Ntilitina, Mudiay
OKC: Felton
Orlando: Augustin, Grant
Philly: Fultz
Toronto: VanVleet
Utah: Rubio
Washington: Wall, Rivers

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe the Suns are not looking for a center anymore but I like to see Zubac from the Lakers included in a trade.

The Lakers do not play him much. He is an expiring contract for $1,544,951.

That would make more sense, I think. If it's a 3 team trade with Philly that involves KCP going to Philly then the Lakers would need to send something here so we don't deal with Philly directly. Zubac to Phoenix with Ariza to LA, KCP to Philly, and Fultz (I guess), to Phoenix would at least make sense to deal with the Lakers and involve them. Otherwise just trade Ariza for Fultz straight up. I'm not a fan of Fultz but I could buy into that trade if our medical staff signs off. Although dealing with Philly directly we might be able to get them to include McConnell as Fultz insurance of sorts. Fultz and TJ for Ariza. We could use another offer from elsewhere as leverage to get them to part with someone else in addition to Fultz. Maybe we throw in a 2nd round pick also.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we do a 3 way sending Ariza to the Lakers, with KCP going to a 3rd team, I don't see the Clips, however they have a couple we may be able to get from them.

Here's a listing of Teams that may be willing to make some swaps:

Atlanta: Lin
Boston: Rozier
Brooklyn: Dinwiddie, Russell
Chicago: Dunn
Cleveland: Clarkson
Denver: IT
Detroit: Ish
Indiana: Evans, Holiday
LA Clips: Beverly, Teodosic, Bradley
Memphis: Mack
Miami: Dragic
Milwaukee: Brogdon
Minnesota: Jones, Teague
New Orleans: Holiday
New York: Burke, Ntilitina, Mudiay
OKC: Felton
Orlando: Augustin, Grant
Philly: Fultz
Toronto: VanVleet
Utah: Rubio
Washington: Wall, Rivers

Of those, I would consider the following: Dinwiddie, Russell, Dunn, Dragic, Brogdon, Jones, Teague, Jrue Holiday, Augustin, Grant, Fultz, VanVleet, Rubio and Wall.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would make more sense, I think. If it's a 3 team trade with Philly that involves KCP going to Philly then the Lakers would need to send something here so we don't deal with Philly directly. Zubac to Phoenix with Ariza to LA, KCP to Philly, and Fultz (I guess), to Phoenix would at least make sense to deal with the Lakers and involve them. Otherwise just trade Ariza for Fultz straight up. I'm not a fan of Fultz but I could buy into that trade if our medical staff signs off. Although dealing with Philly directly we might be able to get them to include McConnell as Fultz insurance of sorts. Fultz and TJ for Ariza. We could use another offer from elsewhere as leverage to get them to part with someone else in addition to Fultz. Maybe we throw in a 2nd round pick also.

McConnell would solve a lot of problems if he were on a multiyear contract. The problem would be keeping him as a free agent.

The issue with Fultz is health and shooting. I'd take the chance if the Suns thought it worthwhile and they could find a temporary starter at point guard.

Getting Fultz and McConnell is almost a dream scenario.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
McConnell would solve a lot of problems if he were on a multiyear contract. The problem would be keeping him as a free agent.

The issue with Fultz is health and shooting. I'd take the chance if the Suns thought it worthwhile and they could find a temporary starter at point guard.

Getting Fultz and McConnell is almost a dream scenario.

Well, if Ariza is the only thing the Suns give up, I am not sure that's a problem. It gives them options. They can try to extend their own p[layer or they can look elsewhere.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser