Speculation on final big man

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everybody in the NBA wants the Knicks kids. To get them, you have to take one of their horrible contracts too.

Collison has never been as good as I thought he might be (somewhat due to injuries). But considering the problems the Sonics have on the inside, I'm not encouraged by the chances of them trading out.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I didn't think the knicks were that high on Lee.

JoRain

Registered
Reaction score
I would definetely love to see GS youngster big Andris Biedrins on this team - that guy is pretty montrous on D and can play some offence as well and he's pretty qouck for his size - just needs to learn to stay outta foul trouble and to shoot free throws.
I think that guy would be a very nice fit for Suns.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
He was part of a trade.

Yes. However, I wish Phoenix could have traded someone or something (like the TE plus a pick) for Humphries, because I think Utah undervalued him and the biggest chip they got was Araujo (sp). Anyway, I like to do what it takes to get the players I like. :)

I really want Khrypa from Chicago as well (will have to wait). Also I wanted Darius Songalia when he was on the market. There are many more.

Darn, I have good taste. I should make list of players I like for the Suns (kind of like a NBA draft selection list) and send it to the Suns so if these players ever become available the Suns will try to get them. :D

It would be like a Christmas shopping list. Yes, I'm being a little sarcastic here but I think it would be fun to compile a list of perhaps 10 players that might become reasonably available that each fan would like the Suns to pick-up now or perhaps next season. They would not have to be FA or RFA... just players that might be obtained via trade or whatever within reason... not Tim Duncan, etc.

This might make a good thread topic.

NastyOne

Suns 4 Life...Probably...Maybe
Reaction score
Saer Sene is going to be a beast within 2 years with real coaching.

http://www.nba.com/media/sonics/Sene_vs_Utah_060725.rm

Man do i wish this kid was a Sun, cause we wouldnt need to worry about our center position for the next 12+ years.

I really hope Seattle wanted something ridiculous for that pick, cause if all they wanted was Barbosa and our 21st(Speculated pre-draft), then we will forever regret not pulling the trigger.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
NastyOne said:
Saer Sene is going to be a beast within 2 years with real coaching.

http://www.nba.com/media/sonics/Sene_vs_Utah_060725.rm

Man do i wish this kid was a Sun, cause we wouldnt need to worry about our center position for the next 12+ years.

I really hope Seattle wanted something ridiculous for that pick, cause if all they wanted was Barbosa and our 21st(Speculated pre-draft), then we will forever regret not pulling the trigger.

What if Barbosa is a key element of the Phoenix Suns winning a championship this upcoming season?

Joe Mama

NastyOne

Suns 4 Life...Probably...Maybe
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
What if Barbosa is a key element of the Phoenix Suns winning a championship this upcoming season?

Joe Mama

With Banks being signed, i dont see Leo's contributions being that big this upcoming season playing soley backup SG.We'll atleast not as much as having a monster shot blocker like Sene roaming the paint for a few minutes a night.

Sene showed in the summer league that hes not as raw as some people think and will see some playingtime with the Sonics.

Uggh, Seattle will have a badass athletically gifted frontcourt in few years having Lewis/Petro/Sene.(Need to resign Lewis though)

Damn i wish we could find a way to steal either Petro or Sene from them. :devil:

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Sonics have three centers on rookie contract in Petro, Sene, and Swift. If they trade any of them, it will be for veteran help.

cly2tw

Reaction score
NastyOne said:

Uggh, Seattle will have a badass athletically gifted frontcourt in few years having Lewis/Petro/Sene.(Need to resign Lewis though)

Damn i wish we could find a way to steal either Petro or Sene from them. :devil:

What about Marion for Lewis and Petro?:D Petro/Amare/Lewis would be our badass frontcourt.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NastyOne said:
With Banks being signed, i dont see Leo's contributions being that big this upcoming season playing soley backup SG.We'll atleast not as much as having a monster shot blocker like Sene roaming the paint for a few minutes a night.

Sene showed in the summer league that hes not as raw as some people think and will see some playingtime with the Sonics.

Speaking further of Seattle's frontline besides Swift and the others mentioned, I'm wondering if Wilcox is still in the mix as well as a center for Seattle? Also Mikki Moore is not a bad role player at this position. I have to admit I still would like Wilcox for the Suns. Yes, I know all the reasons given why he will not be in a Suns uniform.

Just an interesting thought. Cotton always liked Nick Collison and called him a blue collar guy... a dirt worker. If he ever became available I would consider him if the price was reasonable solely based upon Cotton's opinion of him. I could tell Cotton liked Collison as a player because he always had good remarks about him. I also liked the way Collison played in college. I know Collison has been injured in the past, however, I wonder if his mediocre play has not been more a product of the Seattle system.

Seriously, Seattle can't keep all their frontline players, but I doubt if they would deal with Phoenix. I'm thinking Mikki Moore is a FA as well as Wilcox (???)

Last edited:

nowagimp

Reaction score
NastyOne said:

Nasty One, Barbs may be the best 3pt shooter on the team. Banks is average at best, with Marion type numbers, so far. With the loss of TT and House, I think Barbs outside shooting will be needed more than ever. By the time Sene becomes a good pro, Nash will probably be near retirement. The suns have NEVER won the title and are very close. Barbs is a key element of the suns matchups with the spurs and Mavs, I wouldnt start rebuilding just yet.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nowagimp said:
Nasty One, Barbs may be the best 3pt shooter on the team. Banks is average at best, with Marion type numbers, so far. With the loss of TT and House, I think Barbs outside shooting will be needed more than ever. By the time Sene becomes a good pro, Nash will probably be near retirement. The suns have NEVER won the title and are very close. Barbs is a key element of the suns matchups with the spurs and Mavs, I wouldnt start rebuilding just yet.

I think that now Barbosa will be primarily a SG, he will be even a better player as he will not have PG responsibilities. I can still remember those lists the Suns gave him of things to do. Sometimes it was much too long. He can now more fully concentrate on his defense and his offense (his three point shooting and taking his man one on one).

If Barbosa continues to improve his ability to finish at the basket, I cannot readily think of a better ball player to take his defender one on one with a spread floor and get to the basket.

I want both Barbosa and Diaw extended this summer.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
If Barbosa's offseason is any indication of his play in the NBA, like last year, he's having a heck of an offseason in Brazil.

Barbosa, a guard for the NBA Phoenix Suns, again led the home team with 24 points (7/12 FG, 3/5 3pt, 7/7 FT), supported by Cleveland Cavaliers centre Anderson Varejao (18 points/14 rebounds) and Marcelinho Machado (16 points, 5/7 3pt).

Jamaal Magloire is on the trading block in Milwaukee.

"There are still a number of teams we're talking to," Harris said. "We have contacted two or three teams more than once at this point.

"I don't know that there's a resolution, but there are certainly more conversations going on over the last week. Now players are getting signed, free agency is dwindling down and everybody is looking at their rosters.

"As I look at it, the 1 (point guard), 3 (small forward) and 5 (center) are the positions where we can add some depth. Hopefully we can accomplish that with Magloire, if we do trade him."

Magloire is due to make $8.3 million this season and then his contract is off the books.

According to realgm.com, a Jones/KT for Magloire trade works. Maybe throw in Cleveland's first rounder in next season's draft. And the Suns get their first legitimate all-star center in years.

A guy who would be playing for a contract and is 28 years old. So some big things could be expected. Especially moving to a team who is one solid big away from a title run.

And he doesn't work out, you've $8.3 million open for Barbosa/Diaw.

Sign Jumaine Jones to a minimum level contract to replace James Jones at the SF slot and the Suns will look might good.

Nash - Banks
Bell - Barbosa
Marion - Jones
Amare - Marion - Diaw
Diaw - Magloire

Or start Magloire and bring in Diaw at any position you wish to sub.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05