Spurs vs Hornets Series

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Without him, the league would have no personality. He makes the NBA pop, one thing I can be "giddy" about.

Wow..

I usually try to stick up for you.. but you're on your own on this one. That was one of the dumbest things ever said on this forum, and that's really saying something.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When was the last time you followed Shaq? He goes through bad spurts just like any other player. He makes more shots than misses and has and can play solid defense.

Without him, the league would have no personality. He makes the NBA pop, one thing I can be "giddy" about.

The last time I followed Shaq? Like followed him home? It might come as a surprise to you, but most people don't follow their favorite athletes home.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The NBA has plenty of personality. Dwight Howard, LeBron, Gilbert Arenas, Greg Oden, those guys all are funny and bring things exciting.

Shaq is still funny, but that's all he can hang his hat on.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well the Hornets now must win game 4 they can not let the sterns win both games in sa otherwise I have horrible feeling they might comeback and win it :( which I defintally do not want to see happen. So come on hornets win game 4 and end the series more then likley

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
If the Spurs continue to hit their jump shots the Hornets are allowing them due to their double & triple teaming on Duncan, than they will take control of this series. And if they keep Bowen on Peja as well. Peja aint gonna get nothing on Bowen. Spurs keep nailing those jump shots, its gonna force the Hornets to play Duncan 1 on 1 to defend the outside shooters. Than the Spurs are gonna run the pick & roll and it's a wrap. Spurs need to shoot like garbage like they did in Games 1 & 2 in order for the Hornets to win this series. CP3 & West are gonna get theirs, but Peja is the only other scorer they got. Chandler, Peterson & their bench aint gonna beat the Spurs.

I hope this puppy goes to 7 games! What a blast watching CP3 & Parker light it up!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
^ Clearly a Spurs fan, you do know your team once again had some help in winning that game right. I am not sure how Spurs fans feel good about playoff wins when its so painfully obvious the officials have to help them. Guess its the Hornets turn this year since the Suns are gone.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ Clearly a Spurs fan, you do know your team once again had some help in winning that game right. I am not sure how Spurs fans feel good about playoff wins when its so painfully obvious the officials have to help them. Guess its the Hornets turn this year since the Suns are gone.

:rolleyes:

Oh good lord man, they had no help.

They won that game fair and square.

You are starting to sound like you root for the freaking Kings.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Give me a break Donald! Did you watch the game? If you think that game wasn't bias officiating maybe your watching the same **** as Stern! Most can see that the officiating was doing what they could to help the Sterns.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give me a break Donald! Did you watch the game? If you think that game wasn't bias officiating maybe your watching the same **** as Stern! Most can see that the officiating was doing what they could to help the Sterns.

Yeah, I watched the game. It was a great game.

There was no bias officiating. Sorry.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score

Not a Spurs fan. Nice try though. But you are obviously one of those "Conspiracy for the Spurs" kind of Suns fan. Last I checked, the Hornets had the same amount of free thows the Spurs did in Game 3. Check the box score genius.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah because the amount of free throws really tell how the game was officiated I forgot! No such thing as them calling stuff when it doesn't matter to even those numbers up. If the amount is the same it MUST have been evenly officiated, right.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Yeah because the amount of free throws really tell how the game was officiated I forgot! No such thing as them calling stuff when it doesn't matter to even those numbers up. If the amount is the same it MUST have been evenly officiated, right.

I didnt see the game as unusually lopsided in the calls, though I missed about half of it. You are right, only a stern tool looks at the # foul shots as evidence of fair officiating. The true story is in the noncalls, plus who was whistled and when. The only player in the game who had serious PT reduction due to foul trouble was KT, a spur. I am assuming he actually comitted those fouls as he cannot stay with david west. As for the noncalls, I dunno as I didnt watch the game that closely. When it came to the choice of "the office" and the spurs, "the office" won.

Greg Popovich

Registered
Reaction score
This is such a tough series.

And to know the winner probably earns the right to face the Lakers, who are playing better than any other team in the league.

BTW--happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Officiating was crappy but it was balanced. Spurs beat them fair and Square. Manu, Parker and Duncan took turns putting the team on their back and carrying them to victory.

BigJit

Veteran
Reaction score
If the Spurs keep Bowen on Peja & keep making their open jump shots. The Spurs will finish them off in 6 games.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I am tried of defending Shaquille O'NEAL (spelled correctly) so I will just say, blaming him for the past season is wrong and moronic. It was a mixture of things.
very true...but he did make up 350-400 pounds of that mixture. treesquid has a point.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I can't believe people are whining about officiating. the spurs won this game by 20 pts. again the spurs won the game by 20 pts. I can say it again.....but it probably won't get through to the thick-headed ones so why bother? N.O. couldn't score the bball hence they had no chance help from the refs or not. The refs cannot make up a 20 pt game. unless you are so emotional that you let the emotions do your talking. You know I dislike the spurs and I find it unfortunate that my mavs spend many years looking up to them and now the suns fans are joining in. but at some point you have to give them some credit. Once again, just like last year, many on here were writing the spurs off. and once again just when you think they are done they come right back.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
nice shove by TD to chandler.
thats why he's all D nba.