Spurs vs Lakers (Western Conference Finals)

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
I think this one is over. There is still a lot of time left, but the Spurs are unstoppable tonight, as I feared they might be. They are heaving up crazy off balance shots while falling out of bounds, and they still go in.

The Lakers aren't even playing bad, the Spurs are just so good tonight, I don't think anyone could stop them. Starting the 4th quarter with Kobe on the bench though, was just stupid. I know that's what Phil usually does, but tonight it erased any chance of a come back. The Bench can't hang with the Spurs on the road, you would think he would know this by now.

Oh well, we can still go for the split on Tuesday, I didn't really expect to win this one. Props to the Spurs, they are playing insanely good right now.

Not the game im seeing. Yes the spurs are hitting their jumpshots. But the Lakers arent playing that bad? They have missed at least 14 wide open jumpers. Gasol should have been sat and never let back in about halfway through the 2 quarter. SOFT doesnt even come close to describing his game. I think this one of the worst games the Lakers have played since maybe the all star break.

IMO

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I think this one is over. There is still a lot of time left, but the Spurs are unstoppable tonight, as I feared they might be. They are heaving up crazy off balance shots while falling out of bounds, and they still go in.

The Lakers aren't even playing bad, the Spurs are just so good tonight, I don't think anyone could stop them. Starting the 4th quarter with Kobe on the bench though, was just stupid. I know that's what Phil usually does, but tonight it erased any chance of a come back. The Bench can't hang with the Spurs on the road, you would think he would know this by now.

Oh well, we can still go for the split on Tuesday, I didn't really expect to win this one. Props to the Spurs, they are playing insanely good right now.

Nice call, it's amazing how predictable the NBA is sometimes.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
the spurs handed the lakers their worst loss of the playoffs, well done by them. not they're right back in the series. a win in game 4 by the spurs and it's going to be the same story as with new orleans i think.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Not the game im seeing. Yes the spurs are hitting their jumpshots. But the Lakers arent playing that bad? They have missed at least 14 wide open jumpers. Gasol should have been sat and never let back in about halfway through the 2 quarter. SOFT doesnt even come close to describing his game. I think this one of the worst games the Lakers have played since maybe the all star break.

IMO

I didn't think it was that bad till late 3rd quarter/early 4th. That's when this team flat gave up. That was a pathetic performance, and the Spurs totally kicked the crap out of the soft and lazy Lakers. The only Lakers I'm giving any credit to are Kobe Bryant and Sasha Vujacic. Everyone else, flat out sucked and they should be embarrassed at their performance.

Can't blame the ref's or anyone else for that one. That was all the crappy play of the Lakers. Spurs owned the Lakers in every possible way to day. Pathetic.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I disagree. Lamar, Pau and Fish didn't even show up. Defense was turrible...the bench turned a 9 point game into a 20 point game in a matter of minutes in the fourth. The offense didn't move very well, at all. The Spurs roleplayers were allowed to get off.

Lamar and Manu are the keys to the series, on both sides. Tonight LO stayed home, and Manu tore it up.

Great game by the Spurs with their backs against the wall, but the Lakes didn't play very well either, which made it really bad out there.

Gotta go hard and come ready to play for the split on Tuesday.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
I disagree. Lamar, Pau and Fish didn't even show up. Defense was turrible...the bench turned a 9 point game into a 20 point game in a matter of minutes in the fourth. The offense didn't move very well, at all. The Spurs roleplayers were allowed to get off.

Lamar and Manu are the keys to the series, on both sides. Tonight LO stayed home, and Manu tore it up.

Great game by the Spurs with their backs against the wall, but the Lakes didn't play very well either, which made it really bad out there.

Gotta go hard and come ready to play for the split on Tuesday.
Gotta agree. It is more vital that Manu comes to play since he is their highest scorer and judging by the way he tore it up, I think he is as close to normal as he could possibly be from here on in. He is the key to success...Lamar isn't. All the Lakers had to do was have Fisher or even gasol score a few more points and they would have been successful.
Spurs passing was also key in this game. The passing was Laker like today.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What the heck? How do you allow Brent Barry to score 12 points in one half? :rolleyes:

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Spurs living at the line today: 17 free throws compared to 8 for the Lakers.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I'll just say I'm surprised with the fact that the Lakers could hold a lead going into the half. I'll just say I'm a little confused as to some of the calls in this one, but that's life I guess. I just hope LA can hold on and put the defending champs on the brink tonight.

14 rings

Reaction score
Spurs shoot 40% and we outrebound them 28/14 and we're only up by 6. NOT a good sign, ugh.

That being said if the Lakers can get a win without Kobe shooting a FT that would be so cool.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Spurs shoot 40% and we outrebound them 28/14 and we're only up by 6. NOT a good sign, ugh.

That being said if the Lakers can get a win without Kobe shooting a FT that would be so cool.
Well the Lakers did have 9 turnovers to the Spurs 5 at the half. Plus, there's the big disparity in free throws: Spurs were 17/17 at the half, Lakers 7/9.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers 77-70 after 3 quarters.

The free throw disparity has gotten larger after the 3rd quarter : Spurs 24/26 free throws, Lakers 10/12.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
Duncan hasn't been the same since the Donaghy scandal review.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers doing their best to lose this game as they are 3/11 from the field in the 4th. Lakers 83-79 4:32 left in the 4th.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers 88-79 with 3:26 left in the 4th. Spurs ball and timeout.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It would be nice if the Lakers could bother to stop Brent Barry.

KOBEMVP1

Reaction score
Big Win for Lakers, now lets bring it back home. Hopefully this shuts up the idiotic Skip Bayless for the time being

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers 93-86 56.5 seconds left in 4th.

Lakers 93-91 with 28.1 seconds left in 4th.

Last edited:

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers 93-91 with 2.1 seconds left in the 4th. Spurs ball and timeout.

Chief

Reaction score
Clear foul by DFish on that last shot but refs rarely bail players out in that situation. Good win by the Lakers....they never let the Spurs take the lead. Amazing seeing as how Pau and Lamar had subpar games. Spurs really missed a chance here.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy,i love how this game 4 ended,

There is nothing like seeing the Spurms whine about the no call on Fisher on the last play and see the lakers win tainted, both of which calls the suns Whiners.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05