Spurs vs Lakers (Western Conference Finals)

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
In fact if anything I dislike the arrogant Laker fans here so much I am going to root against the cardinals for the first time in my life. Laker arrogance can be humbled thanks to Bill Bidwill god bless you loser owner

Excellent, best news I have heard all day. I would hate to share a common team with you, you whine too much.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
Anyargument can lay waste to yours on this question, by simply saying the I watch because I ******** well feel like it. And do love the NBA with a passion (unfortunately I dislike Boston Celtics and I dislike Laker fans) (I actually enjoy watching the team play, just hate the fans). And I accept the fix, it's a legit reality for the NBA. and It's happening this year again, props to the NBA they have finally said enough is enough no more spurs or Piston...we can sell boston/LA U'll watch it because I like the NBA. And I will root for Boston, the only way that can happen is with a lot of booze.

So if the Pistons end up winning the east will you retract and admit your conspiricy theories are hogwash? Just curious.

cobbler

Registered
Reaction score
It was clearly a foul on fisher. I could not believe he was stupid enough to leave his feet like that, especially that far out. If the spurs were in the penalty(not sure on that) then it's two free throws. Otherwise its out of bounds. Barry clearly dribbled the ball after contact. NOT A SHOOTING FOUL anyway you look at it.

With that said, Barry should never have gotten the chance. Fishers shot CLEARLY hit the rim and there should have been no shot clock violation. Not to mention Lamar's goaltend was not correct either. He got to the ball just prior to it hitting the glass.

Manus 3 was just a 2 as well. Foot on the line.

Poorly officiated game from start to finish actually, but thats how it goes.

Regardless of the bad calls BOTH ways in the last 2 mins, the Lakers should have never been in that position. Kobe rushing down court and throwing up that distorted shot so early in the clock was insane! Terrible clock management. He owned up to it too.

Good win for the Lakers regardless of the calls and BS that will most definetley follow for the next 2 days.

I have Lakers vs Detroit in the Pool..... Im liking my chances!!!

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fish did commit a foul, just not a shooting foul. At BEST Barry gets two free throws and overtime. At normal, it's a no-call. He'd have got the call if he'd had the balls to jump into fish and launch a three right away.

Really terribly reffed game all the way around, IMO. Overall, the Lakers owned the game pretty much from start to finish.
Niether Bowen nor Ginobilli reacted with a Duncanface after the play. That was enough for me. Good no call. I agree that the officiating the whole game was pretty suspect. No free throws for Kobe? Come on!!!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That lame ass acting works for Bowen at times. Just ask Jordan Earmar.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Just watched the play for the first time on Youtube. It's not nearly as bad as everyone is making it out to be on the radio, forums, etc.

Fact is, Barry should have jumped into Fisher for 3 free throws. But instead he decided to AVOID contact and try to dribble around him. Technically was it a foul? Yeah. But Barry did a terrible job selling it.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
You know darn well you watched the game. Come on. Admit it. :D

I once went to a Lakers/Spurs game at the Staples center a couple of years ago. I had to go inpatient at the phychiatric ward for two whole weeks after the game due to the intense emotional strain. :eek:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched the play for the first time on Youtube. It's not nearly as bad as everyone is making it out to be on the radio, forums, etc.

Fact is, Barry should have jumped into Fisher for 3 free throws. But instead he decided to AVOID contact and try to dribble around him. Technically was it a foul? Yeah. But Barry did a terrible job selling it.

Yep, totally. IF Barry had gone up into the contact, then we'd either have foul shots or a huge controversy. Fact is, Barry bailed the refs out by putting the ball on the floor, trying to avoid the contact and then hoisting it up.

The Lakers were lucky Barry didn't do what 90 percent of other players would have, which would be to make Fisher pay for leaving his feet and forcing the refs to call the foul.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yep, totally. IF Barry had gone up into the contact, then we'd either have foul shots or a huge controversy. Fact is, Barry bailed the refs out by putting the ball on the floor, trying to avoid the contact and then hoisting it up.

The Lakers were lucky Barry didn't do what 90 percent of other players would have, which would be to make Fisher pay for leaving his feet and forcing the refs to call the foul.

do you really have to have that awful avatar? come up with something at least a little less visually appalling.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
For some reason this was my face after last nights game = :D

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
D, what was your reaction to the offensive foul they called on Earmar v. Bowen when Earmar was burly touched Bowen?

I was like "uh yeah, little Jordan is going to throw Bowen around with his tiny little forearm."

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sucha Eurobitch! Come on Donald your better than that, at least put the MVP or something.

This is why he's my avatar. When a bench guy riles up opposing fans enough that they make clever plays on his name...he's doing a lot of things right.

I also really like Sasha...from the day we drafted him. He looks like my nephew too, so it's like cheering for family.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
D, what was your reaction to the offensive foul they called on Earmar v. Bowen when Earmar was burly touched Bowen?

I was like "uh yeah, little Jordan is going to throw Bowen around with his tiny little forearm."

That one didn't stick out to me as much as one by Oberto where he went flying back about ten feet because (I think) Sasha leaned on him. Adam and I were in stitches. Even if Sasha came into Oh Boy, Oberto at full speed I doubt he could knock him back that far.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That one didn't stick out to me as much as one by Oberto where he went flying back about ten feet because (I think) Sasha leaned on him. Adam and I were in stitches. Even if Sasha came into Oh Boy, Oberto at full speed I doubt he could knock him back that far.
Oberto is a pain in the butt.

Also, Pau is driving me nuts. He seems to let rebounds go right past him, and then on the next play he will do something really good. Then he will play matador defense, and then then the next play will stop Duncan.

Weird.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05