Spurs vs Lakers (Western Conference Finals)

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
Before anyone starts.. Fisher didn't commit a foul. Fisher was in the air, Berry went up into him, then took a dribble, then took the shot. Spurs have no case anyway, they got every call in that one.

None the less, 3-1 Lakers, champs on the brink. I look forward to watching them close out the champs on Thursday. Huge win for the Lakers.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Grats to the Lakers so glad to you guys beat the sterns in game 3, I thought for sure they were going to call that on fisher but glad they didn't :). Know go back to LA and finsih the spurs on Thursday grats

Last edited:

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whew...Lakers manage to survive another attempted choke job. :p

Considering how the Spurs were generally getting the calls earlier, there's not much room for the Spurs & their fans to complain. :p

Last edited:

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Before anyone starts.. Fisher didn't commit a foul. Fisher was in the air, Berry went up into him, then took a dribble, then took the shot. Spurs have no case anyway, they got every call in that one.

None the less, 3-1 Lakers, champs on the brink. I look forward to watching them close out the champs on Thursday. Huge win for the Lakers.

I think it was the right call, that get people in the air and drive into them is ***** anywhere at anytime. I think it should have been an offensive foul personally. Spurs need to blame themselves for getting the ball to Barry, who blows and panicked.

As for the Lakers, no congrats are in order, this is the dream match up for the NBA, it's going to happen no matter what the spurs or pistons do, I will say enjoy it as a fan, and it must be cool to be heading towards another title, while my team's priority is selling anything and everything Shaq. But I am not going as far as to say it's legit, because it isn't.

Last edited:

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You may want to send a memo to ESPN on that and other analyst that would have a field day dissecting and interpreting it.
Definetly a "good" no call but the fact that it could have been considerd a foul amidst the talk of Stern wetting his pant for a laker/celtic final will definetly cause speculations especially from SA

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
You may want to send a memo to ESPN on that and other analyst that would have a field day dissecting and interpreting it.
Definetly a "good" no call but the fact that it could have been considerd a foul amidst the talk of Stern wetting his pant for a laker/celtic final will definetly cause speculations especially from SA

It will only cause speculation for people that are always looking for something to cry conspiracy over. Even in Pop's press conference just now on TNT he said it was not a foul. You can go off all you want about Stern arranging a Lakers/Celtics final, whatever helps you sleep at night. As usual though, it's idiotic and ridiculous. SA is free to speculate all they want, the bottom line is the same. Lakers are the better team, and the better team is up 3-1.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score

The NBA doesn't care, look at Seattle. LA/Boston is happening, there is zero chance it isn't LA/Boston. ZERO

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
It will only cause speculation for people that are always looking for something to cry conspiracy over. Even in Pop's press conference just now on TNT he said it was not a foul. You can go off all you want about Stern arranging a Lakers/Celtics final, whatever helps you sleep at night. As usual though, it's idiotic and ridiculous. SA is free to speculate all they want, the bottom line is the same. Lakers are the better team, and the better team is up 3-1.

Maybe I am an idiot, yet we have refs fixing games last season. And a league in collusion with Bennett to move the Sonics.

So I am a psyco because I think the NBA looks out for it's own interests in these series? Come on. This is about the ratings, not basketball.

14 rings

Reaction score
Forget the foul call, I don't give a damn about that.

Fishers shot HIT THE RIM. New 24 clock, 2 FTs for LA. Instead Spurs get a HUGE break.

Spurs NEVER should have been in that spot in the first place. Period. Huge blown call against the Lakers right before that.

Kobe shoots 0 FTs.

14 rings

Reaction score
The NBA doesn't care, look at Seattle. LA/Boston is happening, there is zero chance it isn't LA/Boston. ZERO

Fishers shot hit the rim, that means it's a new 24 second clock and the Lakers get 2 FTs. They completely blew the call which almost cost us the game.

Kobe averaged 16 FTs a game against Utah, shot 0 tonight.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
So I am a psyco because I think the NBA looks out for it's own interests in these series? Come on. This is about the ratings, not basketball.

Again, I have to ask. If you believe this, why watch it? If that's what you honestly believe, why do you watch the NBA?

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Why do you watch the NBA if you really believe that then? Ridiculous.

Anyargument can lay waste to yours on this question, by simply saying the I watch because I ******** well feel like it. And do love the NBA with a passion (unfortunately I dislike Boston Celtics and I dislike Laker fans) (I actually enjoy watching the team play, just hate the fans). And I accept the fix, it's a legit reality for the NBA. and It's happening this year again, props to the NBA they have finally said enough is enough no more spurs or Piston...we can sell boston/LA U'll watch it because I like the NBA. And I will root for Boston, the only way that can happen is with a lot of booze.

Last edited:

14 rings

Reaction score
Anyargument can lay waste to yours on this question, by simply saying the I watch because I ******** well feel like it. And do love the NBA with a passion (unfortunately I dislike Boston Celtics and I dislike Laker fans ( I actually enjoy watching the team play). And I accept the fix, it's a legit reality. and It's happening this year again, props to the NBA they have finally said enough is enough no more spurs or Piston...we can sell boston/LA U'll watch it because I like the NBA. And I will root for Boston, the only way that can happen is with a lot of booze.

Fishers shot still hit the rim. Still a blown call. And still should have been 2 FTs for the Lakers which would have ended the game.

And Kobe shot 0 FTs.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
In fact if anything I dislike the arrogant Laker fans here so much I am going to root against the cardinals for the first time in my life. Laker arrogance can be humbled thanks to Bill Bidwill god bless you loser owner

14 rings

Reaction score
In fact if anything I dislike the arrogant Laker fans here so much I am going to root against the cardinals for the first time in my life. Laker arrogance can be humbled thanks to Bill Bidwill

I've also said all year that CP3 should have been MVP and that I thought Boston would win it all.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fish did commit a foul, just not a shooting foul. At BEST Barry gets two free throws and overtime. At normal, it's a no-call. He'd have got the call if he'd had the balls to jump into fish and launch a three right away.

Really terribly reffed game all the way around, IMO. Overall, the Lakers owned the game pretty much from start to finish.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You migh want to go back to the beginning of this thread (even b4 you posted) where i rooted for the lakers to win the series, so i dont know what you mean about what makes me sleep at night. I want to see them beat the Spurs, win the championship if they can, dont realy give a damn but if you think i am not going to post what i want about a rival team in a SUNS forum, then you must be de-illusional.It is amazing how you can post in this forum and call us idiots, i signed up here because i am a Suns fan you dont see me signing up at a Lakers forum

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fish did commit a foul, just not a shooting foul. At BEST Barry gets two free throws and overtime. At normal, it's a no-call. He'd have got the call if he'd had the balls to jump into fish and launch a three right away.

Really terribly reffed game all the way around, IMO. Overall, the Lakers owned the game pretty much from start to finish.

Good post, unbiased.

cly2tw

Reaction score
It was a foul by Fisher, but Barry was not in shooting motion yet. Refs might have just let it go to give Barry a chance to hit his 3pt, which he had been doing all game long. Pop didn't want to blame it for their loss.

Anyway, just finish off the Spurs already then lose to Pistons/Celtics in the finals, you Lakers! ;)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In fact if anything I dislike the arrogant Laker fans here so much I am going to root against the cardinals for the first time in my life. Laker arrogance can be humbled thanks to Bill Bidwill god bless you loser owner

That's about the most idiotic thing I've ever heard.

:biglaugh:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The NBA season is still going on?? Could have fooled me!