Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
It seems most people trusted Vogel early in the season, but disappointed more and more that affected their games.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Who are you going to get that is better than Gordon? You can't get better by taking on inferior players. If Gordon walks you better have something better or you just made the team worse. He definitely created space with his 3 point shooting. Even with him the Suns needed MORE 3 point shooting. I just see the Suns getting worse from 3 not better if he moves on.

Some targets:
- Josh Richardson (highly unlikely, he's got a player option)
- Justin Holiday
- Torrey Craig
- Lonny Walker
- Delon Wright

I just think there's guys out there that can bring more to the table than Gordon at this stage of his career.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Some targets:
- Justin Holiday
- Torrey Craig
- Lonny Walker
- Delon Wright

I just think there's guys out there that can bring more to the table than Gordon at this stage of his career.

I'd like Delon Wright but they're very different players, Wright more of a PG and not a shooter. Torrey Craig is also vastly different from Gordon as a small PF without the shooting touch to take more than 2-3 3pt attempts in a game. Josh Richardson won't be available for the minimum and he's more of a wing. He's an attacking SG/SF.

What Gordon provides is insurance for any one of Booker, Beal, or Grayson. He can be plugged into their role with very little drop off in production. Booker offers a lot more but if Gordon steps in for him then Beal needs to step up. It's a domino effect of sorts.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Eubanks was said to be gone right when we were swept and then that was walked back and now it's 50/50. I hope he's gone but at the same time, he did cost us a 2nd round pick this year. Thanks James Jones! If he opts out then that's another strike against JJ's tenure as GM. You can at least spin it that he'd be more impactful than a 2nd rounder this year but we may have nothing to show for that.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Talent wise, I don't think we'll get anyone better than Gordon, but I don't think he'd be missed.

He openly complained to the press about touches, he played lousy defense, he continued his career long trend of missing games for mysterious injuries.

I'd rather get a young, hungry player, over a dude who whines about touches and does zero of the little things that win games.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Just thinking back to when we got Gordon. He and Ayton just came of a great international run with the Bahamian National Team. They were excited to bring that energy to the Suns. Then we trade Ayton. So right away from Gordon's perspective we were not the team he was exactly expecting.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Talent wise, I don't think we'll get anyone better than Gordon, but I don't think he'd be missed.

He openly complained to the press about touches, he played lousy defense, he continued his career long trend of missing games for mysterious injuries.

I'd rather get a young, hungry player, over a dude who whines about touches and does zero of the little things that win games.
Not going to disagree but it’s hard to guard someone 5 inches taller. Just seamed like the bench had so many miss matches

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I don’t want to watch Nurkic in a Suns uniform again. And yes I wanted DA gone so call me a hypocrite.
DA could have been great with a better motor. Plus his stats were on a decline. It looked like a guy just settling into mediocrity. Sure you can't find guys scoring 18 and getting 9 boards, too. If only that was only a consistent line every night. I think most of us gave up on him. Arguably Nurkic hustles way more, with far less athletic talent. Probably we were getting more out of our starting center spot from Nurkic than Ayton, or at least those early season comps showed at least equal stats.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Some targets:
- Justin Holiday
- Torrey Craig
- Lonny Walker
- Delon Wright

I don't think any of those guys moves the needle when you are talking about losing Gordon. Adding some of the guys while keeping Gordon is another story.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think any of those guys moves the needle when you are talking about losing Gordon. Adding some of the guys while keeping Gordon is another story.
This. If there is ANY hope of this team being better next year, it’s got to be a “Yes and…” situation with the previous roster, not “instead of…”. Especially when we’re not talking about Gordon taking up something like an MLE exception. He’s a minimum guy, who wouldn’t be taking away money from any other young hungry minimum guy we’d hope to sign.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This. If there is ANY hope of this team being better next year, it’s got to be a “Yes and…” situation with the previous roster, not “instead of…”. Especially when we’re not talking about Gordon taking up something like an MLE exception. He’s a minimum guy, who wouldn’t be taking away money from any other young hungry minimum guy we’d hope to sign.
Agreed. Mainly because the "instead of guys" are going to minimum type players. It's not like your getting guys head and shoulders talent wise verses the guys you are losing.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% we told him to decline it.
That is the word. They were saying on the radio that they may have told him they are looking for another type of big and if they get him he may not get playing time.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on?

It was reported he was 50/50 on coming back. It wouldn't have been had the team said to go.

Agree. On a 15-man roster, Eubanks would have been solid depth for the money.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they told him he won't get much playing time I don't blame him. He doesn't want to waste the years he has in his prime wasting away on the bench.

I understand if this is what the Suns told Eubanks.

However, from my perspective, he was well worth a roster spot.

I would have preferred to keep him if he would accept a lesser role.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
100% we told him to decline it.
At 26, sitting at the end of our bench would ruin his value. A podcast I listened to said our front office would just tell his agent we are looking to upgrade that position, meaning his playing time would decrease. So we give him the option to decline, which looks better for him. But yes, we told him to decline. :)

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Agree. On a 15-man roster, Eubanks would have been solid depth for the money.
The problem is they are looking for more than one big, and with different skills than Eubanks. Don't be surprised if we have more than just two centers.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The podcast I was listening to said his numbers DECLINED on the Suns from what he was averaging in Portland. The Suns were hoping he would take off playing with better talent. They thought he would be one of those mid level guys waiting to take off. That strategy did not work out for James Jones at all statistically. Way more misses than hits.