Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Indeed. I would guess the short list might be NY, Philly, LAL, LAC, Miami, back to GS (maybe), Dallas (maybe)... and I'm not sure where else.

Add OKC to that list. He's talked about a reunion multiple times. I wouldn't rule out Denver either.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Add OKC to that list. He's talked about a reunion multiple times. I wouldn't rule out Denver either.

I used to think OKC was the most realistic, but I am not so sure.

He roasted the franchise on his burner accounts, that can't sit well with the ownership. Furthermore, their fans haaaaaaaate him. Maybe the "feel good" nature of the story wins out, but the only way the OKC doesn't contend for the next 5-10 years is if they screw up on a block buster trade. A Durant deal is one of the more obvious "this could go really bad" options they'd have.

I don't see Denver doing it because they've won and they're in a position to contend for several more seasons. I'd be shocked if they cash in their chips for a 36 year old.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agreed. Mainly because the "instead of guys" are going to minimum type players. It's not like your getting guys head and shoulders talent wise verses the guys you are losing.
If you identify the more productive ones better you might.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You're dreaming.

We have 5 legit nba players (calling Nurkic legit is actually a bit of a stretch) on the roster and we have to fill the rest with minimum salaries and a the 22nd pick.

There is no way in my mind this team is better than last year.
To a degree I am dreaming. But you’re also just difficult to take serious when you call a guy who just averaged 11pts 11r 4a 1s and 1b “a stretch” as a “legit nba player,” fail to acknowledge a guy like Royce, essentially entirely dismiss the replacement of Vogel with bud.

We know, life is all doom and death and bleak and impossible for suns in your vision. We get it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he is terrible... stealing $

I 100 per cent knew this was going to happen. I am not so sure he plays even this season. This is the slowest rehab of all time.

I'm upset the Suns were not clear about the extent of Lee's injury. The Suns could have waived him last season and signed another player.

The Suns wasted two roster spots on players that were not going to play, Damion Lee and Isaiah Thomas.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm upset the Suns were not clear about the extent of Lee's injury. The Suns could have waived him last season and signed another player.

The Suns wasted two roster spots on players that were not going to play, Damion Lee and Isaiah Thomas.
It appeared the Suns were saving Lee for a return this year. Why, I have no idea?

Is there really any potential in a guy buried so deep on a bench that hasn’t been anything other than putrid.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It appeared the Suns were saving Lee for a return this year. Why, I have no idea?

Is there really any potential in a guy buried so deep on a bench that hasn’t been anything other than putrid.
Please. Damion Lee led the league in 3 point shooting 2 years ago. That's not to say he will again, but he's probably our best locker room guy and he genuinely wants to be here. For a team that is going to fill spots 7 through 15 with minimum contracts, who exactly do you think he's going to take a roster spot from?

This overreacting to fringe players is getting over the top. Some of you don't even think he's a legit NBA player, which is ridiculous.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Saving Lee for this season makes the most sense. The Suns could certainly have used another shooter to spread the court.

A lot of my frustration from last season stems from the Suns failure to add a point guard and another center. It was like they ignored these needs on purpose rather than admit their vulnerability in these positions.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Please. Damion Lee led the league in 3 point shooting 2 years ago. That's not to say he will again, but he's probably our best locker room guy and he genuinely wants to be here. For a team that is going to fill spots 7 through 15 with minimum contracts, who exactly do you think he's going to take a roster spot from?

This overreacting to fringe players is getting over the top. Some of you don't even think he's a legit NBA player, which is ridiculous.

His name is Luke Kennard? That's who led the league in 3pt % 2 years ago. Lee did shoot well but he fell out of the rotation entirely in the second half of the season. It was also 5% points higher than any other season he had, which says it was more of anomaly than what can be expected.

Lee's defense is atrocious. That's a big reason he fell out of the rotation. we simply don't need another guard who only offers 1 thing, shooting.

He's a great locker room guy who was part of 2 disappointing seasons. He was here last year and didn't seem to help in that regard. So I'd say the idea he's a quality locker room presence is overstated.

We're far into the tax. He's making the minimum but so will a few rotation players. I'd rather see someone at the end of the bench with some potential than a human turnstile. He's barely an NBA player and we should hope for better than an unathletic shooter who doesn't do anything else and will be coming off an injury that will slow him down further.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you identify the more productive ones better you might.
The point is the talent gap is going to be miniscule at best. Nothing that moves the needle unless someone who could earn more decided to take the minimum.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score

Typical. Ignore the holes, Jamie!

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Saving Lee for this season makes the most sense. The Suns could certainly have used another shooter to spread the court.

A lot of my frustration from last season stems from the Suns failure to add a point guard and another center. It was like they ignored these needs on purpose rather than admit their vulnerability in these positions.
I know everyone focused on our offense. That's where we were supposed to be dominant. On defense we were always one big short on the floor. If the Suns insist we don't need another PG, for the love of god, gives us another defensive big with size. We get overwhelmed on the defensive boards and in the paint. Again, If we do not get a PG, please give us a PF or another Center.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know everyone focused on our offense. That's where we were supposed to be dominant. On defense we were always one big short on the floor. If the Suns insist we don't need another PG, for the love of god, gives us another defensive big with size. We get overwhelmed on the defensive boards and in the paint. Again, If we do not get a PG, please give us a PF or another Center.
If someone here has any pull with Santa Claus, ask him to bring us two of everything.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is like the bare minimum when it comes to needs.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This is like the bare minimum when it comes to needs.
I know. We have guards. We can get vet min guys that ball handle. One just got arrested here in Tempe. I really think we need some size. Bigger teams just destroyed last year. That's with Nurkic giving us double digits of rebounds in some of those games, too. I've heard there's some back up Centers out there. Looking bleak on PF and Long sized wings though. That's where I really hope we go in the draft. We need at least two ball handlers and two bigs.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
What's Bol's status? Any chance he could develop into anything? I wonder if he's on a beach or in a gym this summer.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's Bol's status? Any chance he could develop into anything? I wonder if he's on a beach or in a gym this summer.

He's in the gym. I'm not sure if he'll return though. Saw something where he was fighting with Internet nobodies over how much gym time he puts in. Very KD-ish.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns want to bring back Royce O'Neale, Josh Okogie and Bol Bol per Gambo.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media