Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That's a big oof, looking at that roster.
That's the only thing I worry about with our roster now. We were sure we had depth with that roster. Except Monte Morris should be a starter with a lot of NBA teams, and Grayson and Royce are solid. Dunn is a wild card floater in the line up. Oso will play for a few minutes each game, even if it's with the second unit. Thursday, Oso and Plumlee were on the court a couple times. That was interesting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the only thing I worry about with our roster now. We were sure we had depth with that roster. Except Monte Morris should be a starter with a lot of NBA teams, and Grayson and Royce are solid. Dunn is a wild card floater in the line up. Oso will play for a few minutes each game, even if it's with the second unit. Thursday, Oso and Plumlee were on the court a couple times. That was interesting.

Now, when I look at the Suns roster, I look for known talent rather than hoping. If the rookies contribute, it's all gravy.

The Suns are too small upfront. IMO, this needs to be fixed by adding a veteran.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Now, when I look at the Suns roster, I look for known talent rather than hoping. If the rookies contribute, it's all gravy.

The Suns are too small upfront. IMO, this needs to be fixed by adding a veteran.
That's the debate. Everyone is going with replace Plumlee. If you are talking second unit size. That's an easier fix for sure.

We know they don't want to mess with the starting roster, YET. If we get destroyed by the other team getting tons of offensive boards each game, we will have to add size, BUT the Suns seem reluctant to move Beal, or anyone to the second unit. We have a stalemate. It may be that we need a big PF /C more than a third guard. That will be harder to do.

So the question is, do we need size with the starters? Or are we just talking second unit big?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the debate. Everyone is going with replace Plumlee. If you are talking second unit size. That's an easier fix for sure.

We know they don't want to mess with the starting roster, YET. If we get destroyed by the other team getting tons of offensive boards each game, we will have to add size, BUT the Suns seem reluctant to move Beal, or anyone to the second unit. We have a stalemate. It may be that we need a big PF /C more than a third guard. That will be harder to do.

So the question is, do we need size with the starters? Or are we just talking second unit big?

It's all who becomes available when looking at the 4/5. It could be depth or a rotation player. Likely, the Suns would have to trade for such a player.

If the Suns can't trade or find a rotation 4/5, I would settle for depth upfront and adding BPA who plays one of the other positions.

Frank Kaminsky would have helped the Suns depth upfront, but the Suns need really someone more athletic with size.