Suns among teams interested in Eric Gordon

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
K.Garnett? He's 36 yrs old! :lol:
How about Tracy McGrady? He's a spring chicken at only 33.
Come on people....:mulli:
Let's see, in dog years that would be . . . :D

Seriously, if you double their age and then compare it to Social Security retirement age, you'd have a pretty good idea of their stamina.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
agreed. giving 10s of millions of dollars to guys like Batum/Gallinari or then even bigger contracts to guys like Gordon sounds like the exact same stupid ass plan the Pistons followed when they signed Charlie Villaneuva and Ben Gordon... OH MY GOD! WE HAVE MONEY! LET'S SPEND IT JUST TO SPEND IT!! WE'RE GONNA BE A 35-40 GAME WINNER FOREVER!

Sorry... but that plans sucks as much as the let's ride Steve Nash until he dies plan.
Didn't Denver just give Gallinari a 4 yr 42 million? And they sure don't suck as bad you say. As a matter of fact they are seen as the team with the brightest future among all West teams.

And their GM is also seen as one of the best in the biz. I don't see what's wrong with offering Batum who has just as much or more potential than Gallinari a 5 year $53 mil - $55 mil deal.

I know everyone freaks out because of the Childress, Warrick and Frye incident but you have to realize that not every player out there sucks as much as those guys.

And I don't support the "let's ride Nash until he dies" plan either but I know no matter what Robert Sarver will try his best to resign him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do not want to be redundant but a couple of players in free agency I like are Ersan Ilyasova and Kris Humphries.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Robert Sarver will try his best to resign him.
Ah, the inconsistencies of the English language.

Resign: To relinquish (a privilege, right, or claim).

Resign: To give up (a position, for example), especially by formal notification.

Re-sign: To sign again. To renew or extend a contract.

I choose the second definition.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't Denver just give Gallinari a 4 yr 42 million? And they sure don't suck as bad you say. As a matter of fact they are seen as the team with the brightest future among all West teams.

LOL... this is the same Denver team that is fighting for their lives just to make the playoffs, right? And who's giving you these "facts" that the Nuggets are seen as the team with brightest future amongst all West teams, which include the incredibly young and already much better Thunder, Grizzlies and Clippers?

where do you come up with this stuff?

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My bad meant to say "they are seen among the teams with the brightest future among all West teams."

And their not "fighting" for their lives to make the playoffs, their already in it. If anything their "fighting" to move up in seedings.

And obviously they are not as good as they should be this season because Gallinari and Afflalo have missed a lot of games with injuries, Chandler was in China for most of the season and they are trying to work McGee in to the system.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bad meant to say "they are seen among the teams with the brightest future among all West teams."

And their not "fighting" for their lives to make the playoffs, their already in it. If anything their "fighting" to move up in seedings.

no they're not. they're fighting it out with everyone else in the 6 through 9 rung. And they're not even close to being in the same league as the Grizzlies, OKC and Clippers.

And obviously they are not as good as they should be this season because Gallinari and Afflalo have missed a lot of games with injuries, Chandler was in China for most of the season and they are trying to work McGee in to the system.

Gallinari is chronically injured, missing major time in three of his four seasons in the league. It's a team without superstars and they're going to stay that way... the Atlanta Hawks of the Western Conference probably forever with that roster, which is what your moves for the Suns would doom them to be IMO.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bad news gang. Gordon, whom we were told had his injuries put behind him, missed last nights game. This brings his "iron man" streak of games played to an end... at 2 games.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The Suns are seen as one of the teams with the brightest future? Must be in some kind of weird twisted alternate universe.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns are seen as one of the teams with the brightest future? Must be in some kind of weird twisted alternate universe.

Nah, he was talking about Denver. I don't think there's very many fans out there that see us with anything close to a bright future. We're in a tough spot and I'm not sure either winning or losing will change our dismal outlook. It's hard to build a winner under the best of circumstances but it's hard to imagine a franchise with fewer building blocks than we have. Our only chance involves a heck of a lot of luck.

Steve

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
haha i got a laugh out of the "iron man" streak comment.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dwayne Wade has taken a lot of games off this season due to rest and he sure ain't that old. Same with Tony Parker and many other players.

Y'all need to quit hating on Eric Gordon and cheesebeef come on man I'm done talking to you.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dwayne Wade has taken a lot of games off this season due to rest and he sure ain't that old. Same with Tony Parker and many other players.

Y'all need to quit hating on Eric Gordon and cheesebeef come on man I'm done talking to you.

Those guys have been playing all year and are taking some games of rest... Gordon needs rest after 2 games. Different story.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Those are 30 year olds on contending teams getting ready for the playoffs that have played more than a hand full of games this season. Gordon on the other hand should be out trying to prove himself as he nears free agency, if he were actually healthy.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Dwayne Wade has taken a lot of games off this season due to rest and he sure ain't that old.

Nonsense. He has taken games off because he's hurt all the time. "Rest" is an alibi. Everyone knows that Wade is among the most injury-prone "superstars" in the league. Well, almost everyone.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

they're keeping him fresh for the PLAYOFFS... same with Parker... and many others. what the hell are they keeping Eric Gordon fresh for... and hasn't he had enough rest this season?

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Vs the Rockets (a team we're competing with for #8 spot)

Gordon: 27 pts, 9-18 FGs, 8-10 FTs, 4 rebounds, 5 assists

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Vs the Rockets (a team we're competing with for #8 spot)

Gordon: 27 pts, 9-18 FGs, 8-10 FTs, 4 rebounds, 5 assists

Wow! If he can keep up that kind of play for the 10 games per year he's healthy he might be worth the league minimum!

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Looks like Suns may be able to outbid New Orleans for Eric Gordon after all...

:D