Suns at Pistons 2/8

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
with dragic, i feel like how i felt when i got excited about buster davis with the cardinals...

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
brown fouled shaq, just now.

it was funny, barnes was waiving his hand like - im open, right here, pass it.lol

AceP

Registered
Reaction score
My stream is on and off again, I don't have a clear picture what's going on.

But I saw Shaq obviously force things. Maybe trade rumor is bothering him ... But overall this team looks OK right now.

cly2tw

Reaction score
The game plan is a lot better. Shaq and Amare don't share time on court too much. Play Dragic to give Nash more rest, which he could use for better defense and more timely passes which he hadn't been doing for a long time now, also less tos.

Without Nash, and Shaq, the defense is a lot better. The last two min without Nash, we went to stopping and fastbreaking! Amare with a smart move, passing to LB and avoiding charge on fastbreak. His defense has been great so far. It's just amazing why the coach couldn't make it work every game!

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
amare with a good game.

you have to wonder...

is he playing hard for the suns or
for himself to get traded?

zod

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe this team doesn't need a trade.....

Hopefully all these trade rumors flying around has gotten into their heads and has them playing hard. Hopefully it sticks.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns up 62-50 after the 2nd quarter. Suns shooting 52% with 3/5 3 pointers, Pistons 51% with 2/8 3 pointers.

Suns have 9 offensive rebounds, Pistons 5.

Suns have committed 3 turnovers, Pistons 6.

Suns have hit 9/12 free throws, Pistons have hit 8/10 free throws.

Suns had 48 points in the paint after the 2nd quarter, Pistons 16.

Suns had 18 fast break points after the 2nd quarter.

Last edited:

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Amare is totally playing right now, but if he shows up in the 2nd half remains to be seen...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The Pistons are a team we should beat and beat handily. They are going through the same dire straights that we are in right now. Underachieving players, adapting to a new coaching philosophy, and circulating trade rumors.

But yes, I am excited that we are playing at 110%. Amare's defense still sucks though

i am the bad guy

Registered
Reaction score
Jalen Rose just called Matt Bonner the "red rocket" during the half time high lights of the other games today. Wow haha....

cly2tw

Reaction score
We just need some variations in our rotation plan and have clear game plan for each case. Playing Shaq/Amare/Nash together too long is simply counterproductive. They step on each others toes and all waste energy that might be used for end game.

Shaq with a bunch like JRich, Hill, LB, Dragic can hold it up for us for quite some stretches. Amare could do it too. We really just need to optimize the use of our talent!

zod

Registered
Reaction score
The Pistons are a team we should beat and beat handily. They are going through the same dire straights that we are in right now. Underachieving players, adapting to a new coaching philosophy, and circulating trade rumors.

But yes, I am excited that we are playing at 110%. Amare's defense still sucks though

Amare will probably never be a good defender. But I go back to what Charles was, he wasn't a good defender but could still dominate offensively and with rebounds. That is what we need from Amare, and have been getting it the last few games. I think we trade Shaq at this point and let Amare be the go to guy, trade Shaq for a solid young defensive big man and let him play along Amare. We still won't win a ring but at least we would be competitive night in and night out.

Last edited:

i am the bad guy

Registered
Reaction score
It takes til the month of February but the Suns finally come thru with there promise of getting Nash's minutes down this season.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
let watch the rotation in the 3rd qtr.

hopefully porter doesnt leave the starters in for the WHOLE 3rd qtr.

1st half rotations were good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05