Suns at Warriors 1-31-15

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Warriors announcer: Suns are the type of team that can't hold a lead so we don't anything to worry about here, we just need to keep playing.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bledsoe's turnovers are just a killer. Don't know why but he seems to be afraid to finish at the rim so he goes up and tries to bail out by passing out. Of course as I say that he goes strong to the rim gets fouled with no call. Then the warriors are smacking Goran all over the place with no call… jump ball and turn over.

Anyhow, last night before making that critical last shot Bledsoe almost single-handedly let them back in the game. Thank God coach wised up and put the ball in Goran Dragic's hands.

Joe

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns played better when a shot blocker, Len or Wright was in the game.

Another thought. I bet when the Cavaliers drafted Anthony Bennett they thought they were getting a player like Draymond Green. And Green is a second round pick.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wonder if Hornacek is a man of his word and keeps Marcus glued to the bench.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bledsoe's turnovers are just a killer. Don't know why but he seems to be afraid to finish at the rim so he goes up and tries to bail out by passing out. Of course as I say that he goes strong to the rim gets fouled with no call. Then the warriors are smacking Goran all over the place with no call… jump ball and turn over.

Anyhow, last night before making that critical last shot Bledsoe almost single-handedly let them back in the game. Thank God coach wised up and put the ball in Goran Dragic's hands.

Joe

On occasion tonight Bledsoe has been driving into the lane with no place to go hoping he could get up a shot or pass out. I don't if the lane is closing on him (and Dragic) or there was no lane to begin with.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think the Suns played better when a shot blocker, Len or Wright was in the game.

Another thought. I bet when the Cavaliers drafted Anthony Bennett they thought they were getting a player like Draymond Green. And Green is a second round pick.

Green is a very good stretch 4/defensive/hustle PF. I could see the Suns going after him in free agency. He's averaging 11 pts, 8 rebounds, 3 assists, and 1.5 blocks a game.

Pretty good for a guy 6'7 with not a lot of athleticism.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Hornacek is a man of his word and keeps Marcus glued to the bench.

I guess it depends on the situation. Jeff would know. However, Markieff almost went off big time shortly thereafter but his teammates helped him calm down.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Man, GSW has such a suffocating defense. Its unbelievable. A thing to watch, Steve Kerr has done a better job with them than any rookie coach I can remember in the past decade.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Warriors are just swarming the ball went it comes to a stop. I wish the Suns could get their defense to do this. Again the Suns are missing a consistent shooter outside.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Steph Curry guarding Kieff and the Suns don't make them pay.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
They can't buy a bucket..

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Warriors are just swarming the ball went it comes to a stop. I wish the Suns could get their defense to do this. Again the Suns are missing a consistent shooter outside.

It all starts with philosophy. Steph, Klay, Barnes etc were not really known for their defense until Kerr took over.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game turned so quickly. GS looks so good

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
It all starts with philosophy. Steph, Klay, Barnes etc were not really known for their defense until Kerr took over.

What the hell are you talking about? Curry is still not good, and Barnes and Thompson were fine defenders before. I am not taking anything away from Steve- he is a fine coach, and he's done an outstanding job, but to claim Barnes and Thompson were not good defenders is just silly.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Warriors are showing amazing ball movement while the Suns play iso after iso after iso.

You'd think the Suns would think "Hey what their doing is working, maybe we should pass the ball too?".

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about? Curry is still not good, and Barnes and Thompson were fine defenders before. I am not taking anything away from Steve- he is a fine coach, and he's done an outstanding job, but to claim Barnes and Thompson were not good defenders is just silly.

Klay Thompson was not a good defender when he came into this league. He was routinely dissed for his defense. He improved some under Mark Jackson and then became one of the best at his position this year. As for Barnes, same thing even though he wasn't quite as bad when he entered the league.

And Curry was a liability defensively before, he's respectable now. He's done a fine job on which ever Suns PG he's guarded tonight as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's amazing to me how the Warriors extend their defense and yet close up the middle.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That charge on Len was junk.

It was close. However what bothers me the most, the Sun remove their best interior defender in Alex Len.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the Warriors play to their level we're not in their league. Yet.

Steve

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Ultimately, this isn't that bad of a loss. The Warriors are best team in basketball. We aren't even in the same tier or even close to being in the same tier as them. Their simply way way waaayy better than us.

It's amazing to see what a well coached team looks like.

It is a concern to see us make the same mistakes over and over again though.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It was close. However what bothers me the most, the Sun remove their best interior defender in Alex Len.

In favor of Marcus Morris.

Hornacek prefers small ball even if it means sacrificing defense.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Back to back double digit rebounding performances by Markieff, what did they put in his Cheerios. Whatever he did he needs to keep on doing. I know he won't average double digits but there is no excuse why he can't get 8 or 9 a game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05