Suns at Warriors 1-31-15

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Back to back double digit rebounding performances by Markieff, what did they put in his Cheerios. Whatever he did he needs to keep on doing. I know he won't average double digits but there is no excuse why he can't get 8 or 9 a game.
I think Kieff did it by default. When the three players ahead of him in the Center rotation pull down 6, 6 and 0 boards and play 19, 19 and 5 minutes, someone has to step up.

PLAYER....MIN....REBOUNDS

Len..........19...........6........
Wright......19...........6........
Plumlee......5...........0........
Kieff.........31.........11........

It makes Kieff look good but, in the long run, it is not good for the team.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
When the three players ahead of him in the Center rotation pull down 6, 6 and 0 boards and play 19, 19 and 5 minutes

What's so bad about 12 rebounds in 43 minutes? That's the same rate as 10 in 36, which most people would be fine with.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
What's so bad about 12 rebounds in 43 minutes?
You're right! Add in Kieff's 11 boards in 31 minutes last night and that's a total of 23 rebounds in 74 of the 96 Center + Power Forward minutes.

The only thing not covered by those stats of rebounding-by-committee is the lack of a consistent 10+ rebounder on the floor for most of the game -- all games. Granted, foul and technical problems are partially responsible for that

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Kieff did it by default. When the three players ahead of him in the Center rotation pull down 6, 6 and 0 boards and play 19, 19 and 5 minutes, someone has to step up.

PLAYER....MIN....REBOUNDS

Len..........19...........6........
Wright......19...........6........
Plumlee......5...........0........
Kieff.........31.........11........

It makes Kieff look good but, in the long run, it is not good for the team.

how did I KNOW that after BC had been really quiet during our 6-2 run, that he'd post in this thread talking about lack of size after we lost to the best team in the league?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
how did I KNOW that after BC had been really quiet during our 6-2 run, that he'd post in this thread talking about lack of size after we lost to the best team in the league?
Because until Friday I was on my use-it-or-lose-it 2014 carryover vacation which included trips to Sedona, Prescott, Cave Creek, Carefree and Tucson.

A lot of things backed up on my computer.

Thanks for thinking the worst. :sad:

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Because until Friday I was on my use-it-or-lose-it 2014 carryover vacation which included trips to Sedona, Prescott, Cave Creek, Carefree and Tucson.

A lot of things backed up on my computer.

Thanks for thinking the worst. :sad:

Hope you had fun BC. It's understandable that not all of us have time to watch every game in an 82 game season.