Suns draft Oso Ighodaro at #40

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This guy reminds me of Cam Johnson in that he is young, pretty decent physically, and extremely perceptive about basketball.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am really impressed with this guy's handles and his passing is next level for a center. I don't know how many times I saw him wait for the overplay on a dribble hand off and let the guy beat the defender and then bounce pass with proper spacing for the guy to run through with out slowing down for a basket or a kick out after stressing the interior defense of the opposing team. He makes very good passes and isn't throwing the ball away. For short stretches this season he should be able to be the back up center if one of the first two go down.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
I am really impressed with this guy's handles and his passing is next level for a center. I don't know how many times I saw him wait for the overplay on a dribble hand off and let the guy beat the defender and then bounce pass with proper spacing for the guy to run through with out slowing down for a basket or a kick out after stressing the interior defense of the opposing team. He makes very good passes and isn't throwing the ball away. For short stretches this season he should be able to be the back up center if one of the first two go down.
He understands the game and has visions next to only Jokic and Draymond Green. He needs to add a little weight to be a stronger post defender and def. rebounder, should be a starter in 2 years time.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He understands the game and has visions next to only Jokic and Draymond Green. He needs to add a little weight to be a stronger post defender and def. rebounder, should be a starter in 2 years time.

I'd say a poor man's Boris Diaw at best right now. Need to take into account the level of play right now as far as competition and team ability.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
IF we don't trade him like all our recent draft picks, he could be a center for us for the next 10-15 years hopefully. :)

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Thing is do we trade him before he reaches his potential or not. And do we do a good job with player development. I sure hope coach Bud is okay with playing rookies and letting them play through mistakes.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd say a poor man's Boris Diaw at best right now. Need to take into account the level of play right now as far as competition and team ability.
Yes, That is a great comparison. He is a little taller than Diaw I think.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought. But with our current roster shooting the most mid range baskets in the league, I am starting to rethink that a bit. :)

Bud is going to have the Suns shooting more threes, methinks.