Suns draft Ryan Dunn at #28

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Analysis
Dunn’s elite athleticism, prototypical size and instincts allow him to be a menace on defense. He can protect the rim from his position while also being able to smother opponents on the perimeter. Offensively, Dunn lives at the rim and can finish over shot-blockers. The 21-year-old is also an elite rebounder for his position.

Projection
Dunn’s skill set is similar to that of Matisse Thybulle and Andre Roberson, as he can guard the interior and perimeter at an elite level. Dunn also brings exceptional rebounding abilities for his position. He is still developing an outside shot, so his offensive game is currently capped to off-ball cutting and transition finishing. However, Dunn’s impressive defensive ability, his ideal size and athleticism provide him a path to a valuable role at the next level.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Sort of meh pick. I'll give it a B simply because we didn't reach for him at #22 and were able to add some second rounders while still getting him at #28.
Not really excited by it. If he develops a shot, which as we've seen with guys like Okogie is far from a sure thing, he could have some long term value.

But he's not likely to get much time next year in the system Budenholzer runs. And even when he does, he mostly just duplicates what Okogie brings.

Meanwhile, we still desperately need post players and some kind of PG.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Welcome Ryan Dunn. Don't drive any fast cars.

You must be registered for see images attach

PG wanters feel the pain.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not really excited by it. If he develops a shot, which as we've seen with guys like Okogie is far from a sure thing, he could have some long term value.

But he's not likely to get much time next year in the system Budenholzer runs. And even when he does, he mostly just duplicates what Okogie brings.

Meanwhile, we still desperately need post players and some kind of PG.
Oh I think he will. Did you forget how completely void of depth we are?

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
This pick is a signal that our coaching and mgmt recognize defense as the main area of work for the next season. Good sign to begin the offseason.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Thankfully, we'll have Budenholzer coaching next year instead of Vogel. I could easily imagine Vogel obstinately running a lineup of Okogie and Dunn together while the Suns go scoreless for several minutes.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Dunn's measurements, he might play some power forward for the Suns.

The Suns may have well been taking this into consideration.

Height
6' 7.5" (7' 1.5" wingspan)

Weight
214 lbs

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Everyone says he can defend 1-4 and quite a few 5's. This makes him a nice piece to play next to Durant. You can put him on the other team's best player and then adjust defensive assignments from there.

Boy, I wish we could trade Beal for a real pg.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching clips of him, his ability to read what the other team is doing and come flying across as a help defender is really impressive. Lots of plays where, even if it doesn't result in a block or turnover, he forces the offense to reset and start over.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryderckarm