Suns draft Ryan Dunn at #28

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Achiuwa, Aaron Gordon, Kyle Anderson (though he is a good play maker) and Theis to name a few. Most teams have someone in their rotation that isn't a threat from 3, but you generally don't want to put multiple on the court at once.
Everyone you named is like 2 inches+ taller than Dunn.

And derozan had a midrange. Apparently this kid doesn’t even have that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kyle Anderson is probably the best example in this list as he's the only pure wing, but his career 3pt% is 33.8% and 37.9% at the corners. That's significantly better.

As for the others, they're more bigs than wings to me, but maybe that's where Dunn ends up.
I just think it’s a fools errand trying to find a match for Dunn. At the end of the day if he wants to see court time he has to improve his shooting. Period.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Kyle Anderson is probably the best example in this list as he's the only pure wing, but his career 3pt% is 33.8% and 37.9% at the corners. That's significantly better.

As for the others, they're more bigs than wings to me, but maybe that's where Dunn ends up.
Percentages can be a bit overrated or misleading. Anderson averages about 1 attempt per game for his career. He is not much of threat from three even if he does make a decent percent when he does take them.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Everyone you named is like 2 inches+ taller than Dunn.

And derozan had a midrange. Apparently this kid doesn’t even have that.
Dunn is 6'7", Anderson is 6'9", Achiuwa is 6'8", Gordon is 6'8", Theis is 6'8". Who are the guys that I listed that are 2+ inches taller than Dunn?

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
His shooting at the beginning is going to be raw but I have hopes that he figures it out so that I don't become over Dunn.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Dunn's official measurement at the combine (without shoes) was 6'6-2.5". I'm not sure what the official measurements of the other comps are.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. If your role is not to shoot threes in the team offense (which clearly was his role) then you tend to shoot them only when the offense breaks down or at the end of a shot clock. Again. Its his free throws that concern me mor.e

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You asked if they tracked his numbers -- I asked you why you think they wouldn't. I don't have the numbers, that is irrelevant at this point.

You said the workout numbers weren’t as bad as indicated which is why I asked about the numbers. Where are the numbers?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is great to hear from Keith Smith about Dunn and Ighodaro. I enjoy his insight and information.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Thankfully, we'll have Budenholzer coaching next year instead of Vogel. I could easily imagine Vogel obstinately running a lineup of Okogie and Dunn together while the Suns go scoreless for several minutes.
You mean like every time our second unit came in last year? :shrug:

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
Anyone that can get twenty rebounds in a game CAN play in this NBA.
or secure something like 10 additional possesions via steal, off. reb., or overall disruptions. Okogie is such type of player, I believe Dunn is too. It requires smarter coaches like PhilJ, and hopefully Budenholz too, to utilize them despite not being a shooter.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
You mean like every time our second unit came in last year? :shrug:
Exactly! Vogel rarely played JO, early on to give time to newcomers from Little to KBD, Yuta, Goodwin. In a couple times JO paired with Saben and Goodwin, they changed the game with their D, against opp. second units notwithstanding. I hope Bud has guts and game plan to play JO and Dunn together for stretches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryderckarm