The Official US Soccer thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I didn't see this coming. I expected us to win both games and fight Uruguay to top of the group. It just goes to show you that one stupid play by Weah can bring down the entire team in a tournament.

I thought that Panama should have had 1 red card for Turner in the game, and could possibly had another when Panama intentionally hit Pulisic? in the back in a clear attempt to injure the player.
I saw the failure coming in the sense that they would probably lose to Uruguay and then lose the next match. I thought they would get a result against Panama. the fact that they did not is extremely disappointing.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that would be amazing. he's my favorite manager and I don't even support Liverpool. he's so charismatic and such a great manager. he can do it all. I guess my only question to this would be why would he want that job?
He wouldn't. That's why it is wishful thinking. I think he is just sitting and waiting for the Germany job. A job where he doesn't really need to be a 24/7 type of manager.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw the failure coming in the sense that they would probably lose to Uruguay and then lose the next match. I thought they would get a result against Panama. the fact that they did not is extremely disappointing.
I figured they would get out of the group and win a game, making it to the semis.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I figured they would get out of the group and win a game, making it to the semis.
I hope for that, even now. they have the talent to do it. It's a shame that they would have to play Colombia or Brazil in the first match. I still want them to beat Uruguay, I just don't see it happening. but we will see. if the players respond and play for their manager then that will speak volumes. I just don't see it. and a good effort isn't enough. they need results.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
He wouldn't. That's why it is wishful thinking. I think he is just sitting and waiting for the Germany job. A job where he doesn't really need to be a 24/7 type of manager.
I tend to agree. he's already a national hero there. maybe it's wishful thinking but if the USA are willing to make a pitch to him maybe he at least considers it. and if he can take USA to a World Cup quarterfinal or higher he will be even more hailed than he is now.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope for that, even now. they have the talent to do it. It's a shame that they would have to play Colombia or Brazil in the first match. I still want them to beat Uruguay, I just don't see it happening. but we will see. if the players respond and play for their manager then that will speak volumes. I just don't see it. and a good effort isn't enough. they need results.
I think they would be happy to see Brazil after their 1-1 draw. Columbia not so much.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I think they would be happy to see Brazil after their 1-1 draw. Columbia not so much.
Colombia or Uruguay could win the whole thing. I am glad that USA at least get to go head to head with Uruguay in a must have it type match. I think we all have to assume Panama will beat or best case draw 0-0 with Bolivia.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
that would be amazing. he's my favorite manager and I don't even support Liverpool. he's so charismatic and such a great manager. he can do it all. I guess my only question to this would be why would he want that job?
I can't stand Klopp and his antics and whining...but I sure would love having his antics and whining (and great coaching) on our side!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Found an interesting part of a podcast worth watching.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
it was a good break down. thanks for posting that. they even hit out on Tyler Adams 2nd half ban that Berhalter has on him. Berhalter is doing foolish things.

I know its unlikely, but imagine a grim scenario where USA beat Uruguay 1-0 because Uruguay are resting their top guys, and Panama make up the GD by blowing out Bolivia and the USA's copa is over. We may have a federation that could justify keeping Berhalter because he got a signature win.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
it was a good break down. thanks for posting that. they even hit out on Tyler Adams 2nd half ban that Berhalter has on him. Berhalter is doing foolish things.

I know its unlikely, but imagine a grim scenario where USA beat Uruguay 1-0 because Uruguay are resting their top guys, and Panama make up the GD by blowing out Bolivia and the USA's copa is over. We may have a federation that could justify keeping Berhalter because he got a signature win.
Good point at the top there. If he absolutely can't/won't play Adams more than 45, then *gasp* don't effing play him! Of save him for the 2nd half if we need a defensive mid boost.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Good point at the top there. If he absolutely can't/won't play Adams more than 45, then *gasp* don't effing play him! Of save him for the 2nd half if we need a defensive mid boost.
I'll take it that you didn't like my doomsday scenario. It's so USSOCCER in my opinion. the point on using adams as a sub is a great idea and he can be effective as a sub. and that's what any reasonable manager would do with a player that can't go beyond 45 mins. His club team isn't wasting subs like that.

This is greg trying to play it both sides. he's trying to cater to one of his guys while still trying to manage him. it's far more effective to use a player as a sub to get them motivated and to keep them fit at the same time. we could have had musah out there to start and bring on tyler as a sub.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Oh and on a side note, that was one of the worst officiated international matches I have ever seen. Doesn’t excuse the result but it didn’t help matters.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
This team is weaker than it was at the World Cup. Panama is moving on and the USA are not. that's all that needs to be said.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Oh and on a side note, that was one of the worst officiated international matches I have ever seen. Doesn’t excuse the result but it didn’t help matters.
that's kind of what the USA players are saying. Robinson just called the ref an amateur, but also said that it doesn't excuse their inability to score and get the result that they needed.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
they just showed a replay of pulisic going over to shake hands with the refs and the ref wouldn't shake his hand. that is bush league stuff. just proves this ref isn't up for this type of a match. pulisic rightfully gave him some choice words.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
The last 2 games were terrible with refs.

The last one was expected as soon as I saw the guy - he can't control a match to save his life, never has.

Tonight's guy was a social breed of assist y incompetence.

Result a bit unfair....... But you need to put the ball in the net.

There were moments that showed how the US could and should play...... But just don't.

This team is stuck in mud. Their only good stretch the past could years was with temporary managers.

Maybe the players don't need the guy they are comfortable with and like - they need the guy that can push them to the next level

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryderckarm