Suns get lottery pick from Lakers if they miss playoffs

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kobe hadn't done his traditional leg-kick to try and draw a foul, this injury doesn't happen. He can whine all he wants but Jones played him correctly, this one is on Bryant.

Steve

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its pretty funny to hear Kobe "They Flying Elbow" Bryant cry about the need to protect people.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I mentioned that Kobe sold his soul to Satan, the dude has inhuman ability to play injured and not miss extensive time. I am going to throw a party when his ass retires.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I mentioned that Kobe sold his soul to Satan, the dude has inhuman ability to play injured and not miss extensive time. I am going to throw a party when his ass retires.

Or he has the inhuman ability to not get injured and the very human ability to exaggerate his ailments.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He walked back to the locker room under his own power. He'll be fine.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kobe finds a reason to look like the ultimate basketball warrior as well having a reason to not live up to expectations. If they win then fine but if they lose he has his excuse. Always trying to prove that he's a winner. But truth is that if he fails he always has an excuse, injured hand, elbow, shoulder, ankle, flu like symptoms, etc...

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Indiana, followed by back-to-back Sacramento and Phoenix. Those three losses might be enough. On the other hand, Utah has a pretty brutal schedule. Wonder if Dallas is going to be the team to watch in the race for the 8th place in the West. Only one game behind in the loss column.

I agree, Dallas is starting to catch fire.

Only question is, how tough is their schedule?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Utah has been a serious disappointment- even without a real PG, they have enough talent to not have to fight for the eight spot.

they have the fourth hardest schedule the rest of the season.

Utah is done.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
was a good night, lakers lose and suns lose lol

rockets win over us keeping them ahead of the lakers

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they have the fourth hardest schedule the rest of the season.

Utah is done.

agreed. the Lakers eeking out miracle wins against Charlotte, New Orleans and Toronto pretty much clinched the 8 seed for them. that being said, eeking out miracle wins, one the road and at home doesn't bode well for them come playoff time, no matter how "dangerous" Kobe says they'll be if they get there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'll give Kobe credit for calling himself out here:

''I've cried foul play enough Big boy pants time for me. what else is this thing for? Political correctness? Ha.''

kinda funny self-reflexsive Kobe moment.

i hope his ankle falls off... but i think we all know he'll play tomorrow night... and somehow put up like 40 points. dude's inhuman.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I'll believe he is out long term when I see it. Kobe, like many stars, has a reputation of playing up injuries. "Out indefinitely" probably means ankle sprain, might miss a game maybe 2. Hope I am wrong though.
You were right! Kobe was being a drama queen.

Kobe Bryant's availability for Friday night's game will be a game-time decision.

Bryant always has been a fast healer, and that appears to be the case. Two days after saying Bryant was out indefinitely, coach Mike D'Antoni walked off the court following the team's shootaround and said Bryant is getting better every day — perhaps enough to play Friday night at Indiana.

The Pacers say they expect Bryant to play and be at full strength.

http://news.yahoo.com/lakers-bryant-game-time-decision-163722488--spt.html

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep, the only thing severely sprained was his ego after missing the shot. He walked off the court without a limp that night. He just loves to look like a warrior.

Hopefully a "boy who cried wolf" scenario plays out and he literally injures his ankle during pre-game warmups.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Yep, the only thing severely sprained was his ego after missing the shot. He walked off the court without a limp that night. He just loves to look like a warrior.

Hopefully a "boy who cried wolf" scenario plays out and he literally injures his ankle during pre-game warmups.
Close! Al McCoy just said "Bean Jr." didn't come out to start the 2nd half. (The quotes are mine.) :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have more faith in our offense than I do in the Jazz. Considering how bad we are that should tell you something.

The Mavs might have a better shot than the Jazz do

unfortunately, neither of those teams really have a shot. it's too bad the west is weak at the bottom this year. Utah has folded like Shawn Marion staring down the Spurs.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Dallas is really the disappointing team, IMO. They have a better team than Utah, yet they've been on the outside looking in the whole season, even with Dirk back in the lineup.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dallas is really the disappointing team, IMO. They have a better team than Utah, yet they've been on the outside looking in the whole season, even with Dirk back in the lineup.

It's hard to believe they won the championship just two seasons ago.