Suns get lottery pick from Lakers if they miss playoffs

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Utah won, GS is winning big against the Knicks and we lost. As good a night as we could have without the Lakers actually playing a game.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Orlando can surprise the Lakers tonight. They're young and fairly deep so they can wear the old Lakers out. I don't know if their coach thinks in those terms however. He'd be smart to play Vucevic whenever Howard is sitting to take maximum advantage and, employ some Hack-a-Howard when he's playing. I don't know why teams have stopped doing that... could it be a league wide conspiracy?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Orlando can surprise the Lakers tonight. They're young and fairly deep so they can wear the old Lakers out. I don't know if their coach thinks in those terms however. He'd be smart to play Vucevic whenever Howard is sitting to take maximum advantage and, employ some Hack-a-Howard when he's playing. I don't know why teams have stopped doing that... could it be a league wide conspiracy?

Oh it would be sweet to see Orlando beat the Lakers. But honestly, Orlando probably deserves to get beat after they handed Howard to the Lakers for next to nothing.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oh it would be sweet to see Orlando beat the Lakers. But honestly, Orlando probably deserves to get beat after they handed Howard to the Lakers for next to nothing.

Next to nothing?

Vucevic had become one if the best centers in the NBA. He's second in rebounding in the ENTIRE league and he averages like 13 pts a game.

Harkless is a good young prospect that will soon become among the league's top defenders.

Afflalo is a good veteran SG that is a complete all around player even though he doesn't really excell at any one certain thing.

Errntknght

Reaction score
Well, crap, Orlando hacked Howard up a storm but they didn't know when to quit - he made 10 or his last 12 to end up 25/39. For some bizarre reason they fired a barrage of 3's going 10/32, right on their season average of 31%... thats got to be a league worst percentage. Vucevic had a poor game against Howard, as one would guess and they didn't use their bench like they should have.

In other games of note, Minn beat the Spurs by 24 to keep them ahead of us; the Cavs beat DC, which is slightly for the good since we are more likely to be battling the Cavs for ping-pong balls. Charlotte whacked the Celts but they're so far behind they'll never catch up with us. The Hornets lost to Brooklyn to stay behind us. Dallas beat Milw. @ Milw to keep a very faint hope alive

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
back and forth utah and LA go. the lakers cant keep winning can they?

HooverDam

Reaction score
back and forth utah and LA go. the lakers cant keep winning can they?

Maybe they can, it seems theyve finally put it together. Luckily Utah played them when they were stinkin' it up and so they have the season series record against LA, so thats good. Lets hope big Al can get Utah back on track.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Lakers down 5 to Atlanta with 33 seconds remaining. And Suns getting blown out--too bad Utah is getting killed by OKC.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Yeah, Utah has been a serious disappointment- even without a real PG, they have enough talent to not have to fight for the eight spot.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
But Kobe went down in the last seconds against Atlanta. I would not wish an injury on anyone, but I don't mind Kobe missing a week or five.

OP
OP
sunsfan88

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lakers say Bryant is "out indefinitely."
- Woj

This may be the best news the Suns have received all season...

#2lotterypicks

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll believe he is out long term when I see it. Kobe, like many stars, has a reputation of playing up injuries. "Out indefinitely" probably means ankle sprain, might miss a game maybe 2. Hope I am wrong though.

HooverDam

Reaction score
I'll believe he is out long term when I see it. Kobe, like many stars, has a reputation of playing up injuries. "Out indefinitely" probably means ankle sprain, might miss a game maybe 2. Hope I am wrong though.

It all helps, him missing 2 games could mean 2 losses which could be the difference.

I dont wish injury on anyone of course, but Kobe is truly hateable, as a basketball player and person, so its hard to feel bad for him here. If something finally bounces the Suns way in the luck department, thatll be a nice change.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Indiana, followed by back-to-back Sacramento and Phoenix. Those three losses might be enough. On the other hand, Utah has a pretty brutal schedule. Wonder if Dallas is going to be the team to watch in the race for the 8th place in the West. Only one game behind in the loss column.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The real question (in my mind anyway) is not how many games he will miss, but how badly he is actually hurt and how good he is going to be when he comes back.
A severe ankle sprain is going to keep him out for awhile. That is one of the most painful injuries in basketball. Landing on someone else's foot. As often as players go up in the air, I am surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Here is what was said afterwards. Who knows?
While X-rays were negative, Bryant could miss significant time. He said it's the worst sprain he's had in his 16-year career, and blamed Jones for sliding underneath him after he went up for the shot.

"First and foremost, the officials really need to protect shooters," Bryant said. "You just can't go into shooters. That's a dangerous play."
http://news.yahoo.com/bryant-indefinitely-severe-ankle-sprain-033747832--spt.html

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Severe ankle sprain. That should keep him out for a week or two.

yeah right. it probably wasnt that bad, but it will allow the Lakers and Kobe to prove hus ultimate "toughness" when he miraculously returns on Friday.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A severe ankle sprain is going to keep him out for awhile. That is one of the most painful injuries in basketball. Landing on someone else's foot. As often as players go up in the air, I am surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Here is what was said afterwards. Who knows?

http://news.yahoo.com/bryant-indefinitely-severe-ankle-sprain-033747832--spt.html

just like i thought... Kobe's already setting himself up as the savior with his "worst ankle sprain ever" crap. and it's rich kobe talking about cheap shots, when he was legendary in the middle of his career for trying to break people's faces... after HE shot the ball. cry me a freaking river hypocrite.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
...when he was legendary in the middle of his career for trying to break people's faces...
Payback is a bitch!

On a lighter note, did you know his middle name is Bean? After his father Joe Bryant's nickname, "Jelly Bean" Bryant. Maybe when the Lakers go on the road, the chant should be Beat The Bean. :)

Errntknght

Reaction score
Kings are killing the Bulls in Sactown - up 42 in the 3rd Q. They seem to be all over the map lately. It'd be great if they could get it going against the Lakers because without three or so upsets the Lakers will be in the playoffs. We get two more shots to hurt them but we'd need to replicate the great effort of their last visit here to have a chance. Indiana pretty much has to beat them and a subpar Kobe might help. It wouldn't count as an upset, though.

Bruce Bowen was one of the commentators of the Lakers-Atlanta game and he was complaining that the defender, when Kobe sprained his ankle, stuck his foot under him when he was coming down. I wonder if Brucy thought Dahntey Jones(the defender) was infringing on his patented move.

It didn't look to me like Kobe was hurt that bad... I'll bet he plays against Indiana, but I think the Pacers take the game whether he plays or not - I would guess they're slight favorites, like 3:2. Frankly, I'd be more worried that Meeks would go wild if Kobe can't play.

Last edited:

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
yeah right. it probably wasnt that bad, but it will allow the Lakers and Kobe to prove hus ultimate "toughness" when he miraculously returns on Friday.

Haha you know he's faking it. This is just his way of justifying all of the crap he's been giving Gasol and Howard. This is the same guy who gets the flu 5 times a year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05