Suns @ Knickerbockers 12-17-18

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we were the Cards, Fizdale would be fired before last call. Actually, you can see a lot of individual improvement in the younger Knicks players there.

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
No way I ever saw Crawford getting 14 dimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we were the Cards, Fizdale would be fired before last call. Actually, you can see a lot of individual improvement in the younger Knicks players there.

Mudiay in particular. Possible target here when the Knicks sign Irving or Walker?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker and Ayton kept us in the game but Warren coming alive in the 2nd half really saved us.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns win three in a row and regrettably three posters are singing the Igor blues tonight.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Not much defensive effort in the first half but wow, great job in that 3rd quarter. Liked what I saw out of our 4 youngin’s in Ayton, Booker, TJ, and JJ. Solid contributions from Holmes and Crawford with the assists! JJ played under control and brought effort. That’s what I want from him. 3 in row. I forgot what that feels like. Lol

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Bridges also had a good stretch there scoring, deflecting passes, and changing shots. Love what he brings.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I all for the wins I want a win every night. Still doesn't change Igor is a horrible fit. How many Techs does Igor have this year? How many times does he rip officials to protect his guys? Little things like that. But I am glad our guys are playing with heart and hustle. Good sign

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not me. I’m looking forward to watching Booker hoist the NBA title come June.

Why the sarcasm. Ayton a nice game with 21 points and 13 rebounds.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns win three in a row and regrettably three posters are singing the Igor blues tonight.

Two of the three games were against less talented teams (tonight's being against a significantly less talented team), and the third was a game at home against relatively even talent. I wouldn't exactly call no longer underperforming horribly a major accomplishment. It's a step in the right direction, but the reality is that we are now merely where we should have been at the beginning of the season.

Meanwhile, end results aside, there still have been major coaching red flags in each of the last three games. Don't let the end results against inferior competition fool you.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
In all fairness (to ASFN posters), the Knicks are a tanking team.

In addition to team defense and hustling, the Suns leaders tonight were:

Booker 38 points and second with 7 rebounds
Warren with 26 points (mostly in the second half)
Ayton 21/13

And off the bench:

Jackson 14 points and 7 rebounds
Holmes with 13 points
Crawford with an amazing 17 assists at the age of 38 (which Ayton just referred to post-game,
saying that this was the only time this season he has seen such a passer on the Suns)
No one else had more than 3 assists

Next up ... the Celtics. Booker has scored over 100 combined in his last two games against them
including the 70.

But a win won't be easy.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just can't ignore 20 games of pure disgusting play and start singing hallelujah when we play the way we are supposed to. I am really anxious to see how we incorporate the news. I want to see competitive games and improvement. But I also want to see Koko gone.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

When we lose though it will be all his fault. I only caught the 4th quarter here but I'm liking what I've seen. I don't think Igor is a great coach but he's certainly looking better than he did. I don't think he was on the level of Watson but I would have said Triano was the better coach before this game. He's learning on the job and that sucks but anyone else we hire will likely be doing the same. He's not looking like a mistake any longer. He shouldn't get a say with free agents he hasn't actually coached though. Igor requesting Ariza specifically bothers me because of how poorly Ariza played in terms of effort. Igor shouldn't have been asking for a non-star type of role player if he wasn't familiar coaching him. That would make sense but the Ariza signing goes on his resume also.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
the human victory cigar... on the road, no less!
That's what Cotton Fitzsimmons called "extensive garbaģe" time. When the game is in the ol' deep freeze and the bench came in. Kempton oughtta remember that--he was one of them!

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When we lose though it will be all his fault. I only caught the 4th quarter here but I'm liking what I've seen. I don't think Igor is a great coach but he's certainly looking better than he did. I don't think he was on the level of Watson but I would have said Triano was the better coach before this game. He's learning on the job and that sucks but anyone else we hire will likely be doing the same. He's not looking like a mistake any longer. He shouldn't get a say with free agents he hasn't actually coached though. Igor requesting Ariza specifically bothers me because of how poorly Ariza played in terms of effort. Igor shouldn't have been asking for a non-star type of role player if he wasn't familiar coaching him. That would make sense but the Ariza signing goes on his resume also.
Lol he's not looking like a mistake any longer? You kidding me? 3 wins and he's now worthy? 20 loses where we were complete crap don't mean a thing? Wow

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score

Ayton 21/13

And off the bench:

Holmes with 13 points
Crawford with an amazing 17 assists at the age of 38 (which Ayton just referred to post-game,
saying that this was the only time this season he has seen such a passer on the Suns)

Next up ... the Celtics. Booker has scored over 100 combined in his last two games against them
including the 70.
Here’s the thing though...they may be a tanking team, but we beat them by nearly 20. That’s what should’ve have happened. I mean, we haven’t had a 3 game win streak since 2017! Doesn’t mean we aren’t going to have shortcomings and that Igor has figured it out, but outside of the Spurs game, the effort has been there consistently. With all the outside noise that’s been going on the last 2 weeks, it’s hard to not get excited with small victories. Can’t ask for much more at this point.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ayton 21/13

And off the bench:

Holmes with 13 points

including the 70.

I don't buy it. Nowadays all you have to do is be bad to get the "tanking team" title but that doesn't make it so. We're also called a tanking team. ESPN and some fans say we're both tanking so it must be true. But it isn't, not for us and not for the Knicks. At least, not yet. Fizdale is playing the young guys but it's not like he has much choice with that roster IMO.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure if Igor 100% wanted Ariza but it has been reported that way so maybe it's true. I haven't seen anywhere it came from his mouth in a quote though.

In regard to Igor, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt being a rookie head coach finding his way without a starting caliber point guard or power forward. I'm not saying he is great or anything but like you said, he doesn't seem to get much credit for the wins and all the blame for the losses.

I think Igor got one thing right. The Suns need more talent.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I don't buy it. Nowadays all you have to do is be bad to get the "tanking team" title but that doesn't make it so. We're also called a tanking team. ESPN and some fans say we're both tanking so it must be true. But it isn't, not for us and not for the Knicks. At least, not yet. Fizdale is playing the young guys but it's not like he has much choice with that roster IMO.
But we were favored to win tonight's game (even on the road) and we did.

It was so good to watch. Rooting for a team is supposed to be a feel-good feeling.

But the Suns are still a last place team and I am hoping for continued growth. Not a win in every game, of course, but continued growth. Time will tell. Anything else at this point is conjecture.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ayton 21/13

And off the bench:

Holmes with 13 points

including the 70.

But a win won't be easy.

What a blanket statement. It couldn't be further from the truth.

I was not referring to all Suns posters by any means as you seem to imply. Only mentioned three posters and not by name who continually berated Igor's coaching during the game.

I expect all the critics to come out Wednesday when the Suns play a good Celtics team.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Crawford hadn't had more than 12 assists in a game prior to tonight. The last time he had 12 was when he played for the Knicks in March 2005, against the Heat he had 12. That's something. I knew the 14 was high for him but I didn't realize it was a career high and the last time he hit double digits was in January 2014, as a Clipper, playing the Raptors in Toronto.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05