Suns @ Lakers : Game 3

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, just saw d'antoni's press game conference, not like the first 2 games, this time it was more about what the lakers did not what the suns didn't do.

Almost seemed resigned to the fact that they're gonna have a tough time winning this series, even starting we don't have kurt/amare point (don't get me a wrong, a very valid point).
This really sucks.

Sunshooter

Registered
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Kwame should be ejected. T for elbowing, then T for starring down to start a fight.

If Artest or Posey also be suspended, he SHOULD ALSO GET SUSPENDED

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
Not at all, Raja has forced Kobe to play a different type of game....to the Suns detriment, but he has forced him out of his shots.

Kobe isn't even shooting 40% for the series...so no, I'm not kidding. Raja owns Kobe.

Dude, Kobe has played so different from jump...there's a new gameplan for this series, and Kobe's playing in it perfectly. Raja isn't doing crap on Kobe...not one damn thing. Kobe's getting spectacular looks every time, when he's trying to shoot, which he isn't doing much of.

But I really won't argue this with you because it should be blindingly obvious. Kobe really does have bigger fish to fry than Raja Freaking Bell.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Treesquid said:
that's sad, hoping the clippers can take this team out, the suns are the better team they just haven't played like it yet.

Thats the problem and thats how I know it is over, the refs are disgusting, but so are the suns in THREE GAMES STRAIGHT.

That basically means:

series over

If the suns can't pick it up in 3 games, then how is #4 going to be different. And this is all besides the information we have:

1. Marion has disappeared AGAIN
2. Diaw is soft in playoffs = Were hosed
3. Barbs is soft in playoffs = were hosedx2
4. Tim Thomes is the leading man BY FAR in this series = We are so F%$# hosed it is unbelievable
5. Coach won't put Eddie House in even though he is doing ok = wtf
6. Grant is done, time to hang em up = no inside presence, no rebounds
7. Jones not really doing anything

Do I need to go on?!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
jibikao said:
You know what's funny? How come Kobe never gets a T for joining the fight?? I am sure he wasn't trying to stop it. He finger points and tries to push his way through. Almost every single time Kobe would join in FIRST and try to ACCUSE Nash, who I believe was trying to break it. Kobe just accused Nash for no reason.

Superstars can get away with murder in this league yet another reason why its almost pushing people like me away

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Hidden message. Because you knew your team just won and said "oh, the refs gave us more favors." You can enjoy your night.

Good god, there's no talking to you.

Hidden message: Good god, there's no talking to you.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Dude, Kobe has played so different from jump...there's a new gameplan for this series, and Kobe's playing in it perfectly. Raja isn't doing crap on Kobe...not one damn thing. Kobe's getting spectacular looks every time, when he's trying to shoot, which he isn't doing much of.

But I really won't argue this with you because it should be blindingly obvious. Kobe really does have bigger fish to fry than Raja Freaking Bell.
You are absolutely wrong--must be those Kobe-colored glasses again. Their gameplan is working, but Kobe is not getting "spectacular" looks every time. What games are you watching? Raja Bell is doing the best defensive job you can do on Kobe Bryant.

I know you think the guy is a saint, but if Raja wasn't doing a good job on him, he'd be taking a lot more shots, gameplan or no.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
CaptainInsano said:
Thats the problem and thats how I know it is over, the refs are disgusting, but so are the suns in THREE GAMES STRAIGHT.

That basically means:

series over

If the suns can't pick it up in 3 games, then how is #4 going to be different. And this is all besides the information we have:

1. Marion has disappeared AGAIN Agree I am still smarting over the amare doesn't hold marion's jock post, that just looks silly now.
2. Diaw is soft in playoffs = Were hosed Agree someone must have told him the playoffs are a war
3. Barbs is soft in playoffs = were hosedx2 Agree he is pissing his pants again
4. Tim Thomes is the leading man BY FAR in this series = We are so F%$# hosed it is unbelievable Really agree 100%
5. Coach won't put Eddie House in even though he is doing ok = wtf Agree
6. Grant is done, time to hang em up = no inside presence, no rebounds I said this in the begining of the season to flames galore
7. Jones not really doing anything who?

Do I need to go on?!
Yes the interior defense sucks, and the rebounding looks like my mother in law naked

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
It was called correctly yes but the garbage tactics that were allowed after that should not be accepted. After a flagrant foul and a close fight afterwards it is the job of the officials TO TAKE CONTROL OF THE GAME. They let it become more and more physical to the point that it got out of hand.

I will not watch crap like that if it continues

BTW Kwame should have been ejected plain and simple. I've seen players get ejected for much less than that

Well obviously it was the right call on kwame right? When haslem throws an obviously life-threatening extremely dangerous tiny rubber plastic mouthpiece at a ref (by bouncing it at him nonetheless) it is an ejection and 1 game suspension. BUT when a suns player gets mugged and then stood over like he is going to get stomped or punched down upon and seriously injured, oh it really is nothing, T kwame but make sure to call a foul of diaw to make it more like a half-technical. Perfect officiating by the refs here people. Flawless.

Behavior like standing over a player after mugging him in an extremely threatening manner is nothing, even if it is also followed by kobe trying to start a fight. But tiny harmless mouthpieces are flying DEATH (especially when bounced because it puts a flesh and organ cutting spin on them).

Last edited:

JJC Jr

Reaction score
CaptainInsano said:
2. Diaw is soft in playoffs = Were hosed
3. Barbs is soft in playoffs = were hosedx2
4. Tim Thomes is the leading man BY FAR in this series = We are so F%$# hosed it is unbelievable
5. Coach won't put Eddie House in even though he is doing ok = wtf

lol
sadly, that pretty much sums it up. i have little hope left for this series.

scotsman13

Reaction score
what i have seen so far against the suns. first of all the lakers game plan has been good, but it wouldnt get off the ground if it werent for the ref. in every game so far the refs have let the lakers get away with touch grab pull and total bullsh!t all over the count. it has take the suns out of the game. so havent gotten jack for calls. every single time that the suns have started to make a run there comes in some call from the refs that end it.

what i want to know is why the suns dont get the respect that they should have from the refs and the nba? are the suns as a team the red headed step child of the nba?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
CaptainInsano said:
Well obviously it was the right call on kwame right? When haslem throws an obviously life-threatening extremely dangerous tiny rubber plastic mouthpiece at a ref (by bouncing it at him nonetheless) it is an ejection and 1 game suspension. BUT when a suns player gets mugged and then stood over like he is going to get stomped or punched down upon and seriously injured, oh it really is nothing, T kwame but make sure to call a foul of diaw to make it more like a half-technical. Perfect officiating by the refs here people. Flawless.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The refs aren't the biggest reason we lost the game; but they are A reason. This was easily the worst officiated game of the series. The refs lost control of it early, and then started giving things to the Lakers, such as Kwame Brown's three-second violations and not calling a delay of game on Brian Cook. If there's any justice in the NBA, Boris Diaw's technical will be rescinded.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
scotsman13 said:
what i have seen so far against the suns. first of all the lakers game plan has been good, but it wouldnt get off the ground if it werent for the ref. in every game so far the refs have let the lakers get away with touch grab pull and total bullsh!t all over the count. it has take the suns out of the game. so havent gotten jack for calls. every single time that the suns have started to make a run there comes in some call from the refs that end it.

what i want to know is why the suns dont get the respect that they should have from the refs and the nba? are the suns as a team the red headed step child of the nba?

softness mostly

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I know you think the guy is a saint, but if Raja wasn't doing a good job on him, he'd be taking a lot more shots, gameplan or no.

Well, you must obviously be a huge fan of Raja then because your Suns glasses are really hurting your vision.

Kobe is doing EXACTLY what is asked of him...he won't take more shots. I've said this before now, 4-6 shots a quarter is perfect for him in this series, with more in the fourth if need be. That's exactly what he's been told, what he believes he has to do, and what he is doing. Kobe will do WHATEVER it takes to win...score 80, score 20. Whatever it takes.

As long as the gameplan is working, and the team is making their shots, then Kobe will play just like this.

If the team is struggling, or the gameplan changes, then Kobe will do whatever needs be done, no matter what Raja has to do with it.

I know you are watching the game, so you have to be seeing the guy getting to the rim and then kicking out for wide open shooters.

I know you're a Suns fan, and you think they walk on water, but Raja isn't doing jack squat to Kobe...he's already proven that Raja is a fly on his uniform in the regular season. The gameplan has changed...

This Raja is containing Kobe argument is singlehandedly the most ridiculous, homerrific concoction of words I have ever heard in my life.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
The refs aren't the biggest reason we lost the game; but they are A reason. This was easily the worst officiated game of the series. The refs lost control of it early, and then started giving things to the Lakers, such as Kwame Brown's three-second violations and not calling a delay of game on Brian Cook. If there's any justice in the NBA, Boris Diaw's technical will be rescinded.

Again, I'm not disagreeing but by letting it get out of hand the league is basically ostricizing people like me that want simply an entertaing product one way or the other. Letting cheap blatant fouls go and/or simply letting the game get out of hand, makes this unwatchable.

Sorry but I'm not entertained anymore. Unless there is some action done to fix it, I won't watch. The NBA seems to try to push fans away rather than keeping them

The team played like crap and should have lost because of it. However, it just go out of hand

jibikao

Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Good god, there's no talking to you.

Hidden message: Good god, there's no talking to you.

You just keep replying to my messages dude. You know you want to protect your Faker... yes, now I am going to use that name. I never thought I would hate Kobe this much even after I've tried to say nice things about him. He can be the most talented player in the league but he is beyond classless.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Again, I'm not disagreeing but by letting it get out of hand the league is basically ostricizing people like me that want simply an entertaing product one way or the other. Letting cheap blatant fouls go and/or simply letting the game get out of hand, makes this unwatchable.

Sorry but I'm not entertained anymore. Unless there is some action done to fix it, I won't watch. The NBA seems to try to push fans away rather than keeping them

The team played like crap and should have lost because of it. However, it just go out of hand

Unfortunately, you are in the minority, and it will continue to be business as usual. Officiating won't even come up in their annual meetings in New York--only playoff seeding and tight-wearing. :rolleyes:

jibikao

Reaction score
Can we start trading Marion thread now? lol

My twin bro who normally doesn't watch basketball watched the 4th quarter and he just called me and said "Who is that Barbosa guy? He sucks so bad."

My bro can't believe an NBA guard would dribble with his head down.... at this NBA playoff level. Barbosa has no vision at all. All he does is putting his head down and going inside and lose control if the defender reacts.

Last edited:

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I think D-Dogg is on Ktar and saying that Kobe is playing like the MVP in this series, I am going to puke.

Statistically Nash is outplaying Kobe this series which is their point why Kobe should be regular season MVP.

I don't understand how Shawn Marion is not getting bashed on radio and the newspapers more.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
*sigh*

well ever since game 2 ive been worried.

after tonight, there is no way i see us winning this series.

we are too undermanned inside (man, i wish we were healthy), and are not catching fire from the outside.

At this point, put in House and see if he cant get something going.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Chaplin said:
I'm sorry, but one of the things that this Suns team has done well against the Lakers is NOT play soft.

Well we are not talking specifically on the defensive end, on the offensive end we are putting up pansy layups with no force or effort and they are bouncing off everytime, not shooting strong, and especially not trying to get position. I am starting to yell my throat out when it is passed inside to marion or diaw and they take 2 quick dribbles going nowhere and pass out. Worst is when they actually get an open lane they put up a pansy soft layup that barely ever goes in.

MAKE A MOVE OR PUSH YOUR DEFENDER, AND IF YOU GET A LANE DUNK OR FINISH STRONG.. BASICALLY DO SOMETHING.

I think the only dunk of the whole game was one by diaw? That is pathetic, especially when smush is having a dunk-a-thon.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Unfortunately, you are in the minority, and it will continue to be business as usual. Officiating won't even come up in their annual meetings in New York--only playoff seeding and tight-wearing. :rolleyes:

I know ever since that tax evasion scandal the league just lets it get worse and worse.

I'm not that far in the minority anymore, I think. The NBA was on top of the world when guys like Bird, Magic, and Jordan played but since then they've dropped to the point of hoping for ratings to be the 2nd most popular sport in the professional ranks.

I don't know why wants the Larry Brown "right way to play basketball" is encouraged but the entertaining style ala the Showtime Lakers and Phoenix style now that brought them to the top is pretty much discouraged now. I don't get it but hey thats their perogative if they want to keep losing fans.

jibikao

Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
*sigh*

well ever since game 2 ive been worried.

after tonight, there is no way i see us winning this series.

we are too undermanned inside (man, i wish we were healthy), and are not catching fire from the outside.

At this point, put in House and see if he cant get something going.

House did play. He wasn't hot at all. If he is not hot, what else can he do? The only reason he can play is because of his quick scoring. We haven't seen that at all this series.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05