Suns @ Lakers : Game 3

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Hidden messages? Have you ever seen Kobe's commercial?

Love me or hate me, it’s one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I’m a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I’m loved, for the exact same reasons.

No hidden messages...you are calling Kobe a dick for sticking up for his teammates, talking trash, brushing off his shoulder when Rajgirl fouls him and whines...and me, I love that confidence and swagger.

Raja is doing a great job on Kobe, 16 offensive rebounds and poor interior defense play is what is killing the Suns and oh yeah the self proclaimed MVP candidate ain't helping either.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Card Trader said:
Raj"girl" has sure done one hell of a job shutting down your man-crush.

CT, you are kidding, right? Seriously. I'm going to give you a shot to admit that was kidding. Because really man...I KNOW you are smarter than that. You're a Cards fan for God's sake.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
jibikao said:
Kwame should be ejected. T for elbowing, then T for starring down to start a fight.

And kobe a T for walking in there blasting his mouth and making a horrible situation into an absolutely absymal situation, but of course he is kobe so no call right? RIGHT!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Brown should have been ejected. That's an easy call and I really can't understand why it wasn't made. The NBA has itself to blame for losing fans.

As far as the rest of it goes, who knows. The Suns played terribly. Any team that makes Smush Parker and Luke Walton look like All-Stars deserves to lose.

I hope Marion is traded this summer. I'm sick of him.

I won't disagree that we played poorly, we didn't totally lose this game because of the refs (I've officiated games and I know how hard it is to do, normally I only speak up on a general sense talking about how bad it is league wide), but they sure as heck didn't help. Unless Kwame is suspended or the league apologizes for the horrific officiating or at least letting it get it that far out of hand, I'm done.

I won't watch another game in this postseason whether the Suns win or lose. I simply won't care

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
We gave up 16 offensive rebounds!!! We, on the other hand, only had 3!!! That just did it...

We can blame refs, but D'Antoni is being outcoached.

jibikao

Reaction score
CaptainInsano said:
And kobe a T for walking in there blasting his mouth and making a horrible situation into an absolutely absymal situation, but of course he is kobe so no call right? RIGHT!

Kobe ALWAYS starts the fight. He pushed Diaw, finger pointed Nash and basically being a classless dick. Period.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CaptainInsano said:
You know that this reminds me of the dallas vs lakers game where phil held his players in timeout to argue against the refs. Back then Everyone thought it was for certain reasons but now I realise it was this:

I loved that move by Phil. He's a master at manipulating the refs.

It is part of the game...yes. It sucks that it is I agree, but manipulating the refs is part of the game and making sure they call it your way more often than not.

Not the greatest ref job I've seen in a game, not the worst. And yes, the Lakers got more benefits than the Suns.

jibikao

Reaction score
On the side note, we don't have to keep Marion and Barbosa. I won't miss them.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
If the refs wouldn't have officiated like rigged garbage, it would have went into overtime. Granted, we would have lost (by foul trouble alone not just lack of effort and execution) but the simple fact is the refs DRASTICALLY changed this games outcome, and that leads me to believe that if the suns were to be leading by 10 or so then the lakers would dump it inside and get a ticky tack foul called everytime. There is nothing we would be able to do.

jibikao

Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
I loved that move by Phil. He's a master at manipulating the refs.

It is part of the game...yes. It sucks that it is I agree, but manipulating the refs is part of the game and making sure they call it your way more often than not.

Not the greatest ref job I've seen in a game, not the worst. And yes, the Lakers got more benefits than the Suns.

And your point is Laker got more benefits than Suns?? Oh great, that just makes us feel so much better. :thumbup:

cly2tw

Reaction score
elindholm said:
As far as the rest of it goes, who knows. The Suns played terribly. Any team that makes Smush Parker and Luke Walton look like All-Stars deserves to lose.

I hope Marion

Agree. We just had too many defensive lapses particularly from Nash and Barbosa for stretches.

We should play JJ more plus we should also use Grant particular at the beginning to wear Brown a bit down. At least, Odom appeared to be worn down a bit this game.

We are now officially an underdog! Take that attitude and try to make it a series again.

HooverDam

Reaction score
The refs have been terrible in this series, but the Suns need to over come it. May I suggest coming up w/ a team alternative to flipping the refs off (as that would result in a T). So next time the refs go insane, just flip them the new little symbol (which they wont know what the hell it means), and move on. Or count to 10, something. Maybe D'Antoni should bring in an anger management expert?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giving Kwame a T was about all that needed to be there. The league will review, and I'll poop hammers if they suspend him.

Why are you complaining about Luke's foul early on on TT? It was a called Flagrant 1, was it not? That's a correct call. It wasn't like it was called a charge on TT or a no-call.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
God do I hope the clippers can get the right calls with their inside game and put this lakers team down..

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
CT, you are kidding, right? Seriously. I'm going to give you a shot to admit that was kidding. Because really man...I KNOW you are smarter than that. You're a Cards fan for God's sake.

Not at all, Raja has forced Kobe to play a different type of game....to the Suns detriment, but he has forced him out of his shots.

Kobe isn't even shooting 40% for the series...so no, I'm not kidding. Raja owns Kobe.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
CaptainInsano said:
God do I hope the clippers can get the right calls with their inside game and put this lakers team down..

that's sad, hoping the clippers can take this team out, the suns are the better team they just haven't played like it yet.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jibikao said:
And your point is Laker got more benefits than Suns?? Oh great, that just makes us feel so much better. :thumbup:

Hey, at least I'm not trying to say we were the ones who got jobbed by the calls. Or is that a hidden message? ;)

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Championship teams overcome refs and such adversities.

We are just not playoff ready. We entered playoffs stumbling, bumbling, and it continues.

Billythekid

All Star
Reaction score
The time has to come to either play Grant or Bourke.

Rebounds tonight:

LA 53
phx 34

That just ain't gotta cut it. Either Boris and TT need to step up. Maybe JR plays more instead of LB.

LA is having there way with us and it's there series to lose now. They have total control. There inside game is just too much for us.

jibikao

Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Hey, at least I'm not trying to say we were the ones who got jobbed by the calls. Or is that a hidden message? ;)

Hidden message. Because you knew your team just won and said "oh, the refs gave us more favors." You can enjoy your night.

JJC Jr

Reaction score
az1965 said:
We gave up 16 offensive rebounds!!! We, on the other hand, only had 3!!! That just did it...

We can blame refs, but D'Antoni is being outcoached.

I agree 100% that you can't expect to win getting outrebounded like that but I don't see how you can blame that on coaching. You can blame it on a small lineup and an overall lack of effort (cough.. Marion) but I really don't see how it's D'Antoni's fault.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Giving Kwame a T was about all that needed to be there. The league will review, and I'll poop hammers if they suspend him.

Why are you complaining about Luke's foul early on on TT? It was a called Flagrant 1, was it not? That's a correct call. It wasn't like it was called a charge on TT or a no-call.

It was called correctly yes but the garbage tactics that were allowed after that should not be accepted. After a flagrant foul and a close fight afterwards it is the job of the officials TO TAKE CONTROL OF THE GAME. They let it become more and more physical to the point that it got out of hand.

I will not watch crap like that if it continues

BTW Kwame should have been ejected plain and simple. I've seen players get ejected for much less than that

jibikao

Reaction score
Billythekid said:
The time has to come to either play Grant or Bourke.

Rebounds tonight:

LA 53
phx 34

That just ain't gotta cut it. Either Boris and TT need to step up. Maybe JR plays more instead of LB.

LA is having there way with us and it's there series to lose now. They have total control. There inside game is just too much for us.

Again, we fail to adjust. We did do a better job on Lamar but we got out rebounded so bad. No Grant, no Burke, no Skita. It's very pathetic to think those 3 are our plan B centers. lol

jibikao

Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
It was called correctly yes but the garbage tactics that were allowed after that should not be accepted. After a flagrant foul and a close fight afterwards it is the job of the officials TO TAKE CONTROL OF THE GAME. They let it become more and more physical to the point that it got out of hand.

I will not watch crap like that if it continues

BTW Kwame should have been ejected plain and simple. I've seen players get ejected for much less than that

You know what's funny? How come Kobe never gets a T for joining the fight?? I am sure he wasn't trying to stop it. He finger points and tries to push his way through. Almost every single time Kobe would join in FIRST and try to ACCUSE Nash, who I believe was trying to break it. Kobe just accused Nash for no reason.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
JJC Jr said:
I agree 100% that you can't expect to win getting outrebounded like that but I don't see how you can blame that on coaching. You can blame it on a small lineup and an overall lack of effort (cough.. Marion) but I really don't see how it's D'Antoni's fault.
Two separate things. I did not mean outrebounding is bad coaching. That is one thing and coaching is other. We have not been able to counter Lakers' adjustments.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05