Suns moving up to #13 pick?

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...xers_trying_to_pry_away_barbosa_from_phoenix/

Sixers Trying To Pry Away Barbosa From Phoenix?
23rd June, 2006 - 2:34 am
DraftExpress - Expect the Suns to find themselves in the teens on draft night, as high up as 13.

The Sixers are supposedly willing to move down in the draft in return for the #21 and #27 picks, although the Sixers are somehow hoping to squeeze Leandro Barbosa into the deal in place of the #21 pick.

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think I'd deal Barbs and the 27th for the 13th and whatever filler player. As stated in a prior article the Suns might be concerned with resigning Barbosa so it might be best to move him. He seems like a tweener anyway...a nice tweener but a tweener nonetheless.

You guys think a 13th pick could have an immediate impact for the Suns? Seems possible.

cly2tw

Reaction score
LB is worth the 13th pick by himself.

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
cly2tw said:
LB is worth the 13th pick by himself.

Doesnt matter what he's worth if we cant afford him next season. He's expendable anyway...

Would you rather have Barbosa or Diaw? Thats what it could come down to.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This trade takes us a step backwards for next season. Barbosa is a big impact player, no guarantee that anyone we draft at 13 would exceed that impact.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it will be dependent on what player is there at thirteen if the Suns move up. Unless, of course, the Suns are confident there is will be more than one player that can help them at thirteen that will be gone by #21.

Perhaps the Suns may even be looking for more trading partners to move even higher.

I wonder who the Suns covet the most? I don't think they want to show their hand.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolute Zero said:
This trade takes us a step backwards for next season. Barbosa is a big impact player, no guarantee that anyone we draft at 13 would exceed that impact.

Maybe the Suns can get a player back (they like) in return that would fulfill a need in such a trade. I'm not sure who that would be or that Philly will end up being the trading partner. I don't think the Suns will include Barbosa for #13 in such a proposed trade without some further incentive.

Of course, the trading pieces can change on how the Suns feel about a particular player in the draft.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
slinslin said:
Sene at #13? No way....

I am thinking Carney or a PG at #13.

Carney would be nice. He's long and athletic, Can shoot the three and is a high flyer.

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
boisesuns said:
Carney would be nice. He's long and athletic, Can shoot the three and is a high flyer.

At this point, Carney is my weapon of choice. He has a decent offensive set and he has the tools to be a pretty good defender. That said, I would be dissapointed if we traded Barbosa to get to the 13th pick.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we trade Barbosa to the 76ers, I want Korver in return.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
scotsman13 said:
no way would i trade both picks and barbosa for the 13th pick.

Totally agree. However, I do not think the Suns would consider such an offer unless something else very good came out of it. I believe in this trade scenario, Philly was trying to substitute Barbosa for the 21st pick.

I'm really not a Kyle Korver fan.

Last edited:

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
scotsman13 said:
no way would i trade both picks and barbosa for the 13th pick.

Really? I think for many teams, that would be a steal of a deal.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
boisesuns said:
Really? I think for many teams, that would be a steal of a deal.

Are you being sarcastic? The player available at thirteen would have to be very, very special.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JoRain said:
i believe it is #27 pick + Barbosa for #13 pick, not both of 'em

That's the way I understand Philly wants it. I think Phoenix just wants to give up their two picks for #13. The cards are probably being shuffled again while we speak. :)

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolute Zero said:

First of all I don't think there's any chance the Phoenix Suns will trade Barbosa and 1/both of the draft picks for the #13. Secondly, I agree with you with respect to trading Barbosa. If they do something like that they better be damn sure they are getting someone in the backcourt either through a trade, free agency, or even the draft who is going to contribute in a big way next year.

dreamcastrocks said:
If we trade Barbosa to the 76ers, I want Korver in return.

Kyle Korver is signed for the next 5 years for around $5 million per year. I'd rather keep Barbosa, even if he just ends up as trade bait later. I'm not a big fan of Korver.

Joe Mama

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe we can take Hunter back and the #13 for Barbs and the #27. That wouldn't be too bad, although it really thins the SG spot. Raja and ..... (House? DT? Jones? Skita?)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ArizonaSportsFan said:
Maybe we can take Hunter back and the #13 for Barbs and the #27. That wouldn't be too bad, although it really thins the SG spot. Raja and ..... (House? DT? Jones? Skita?)

We are probably the only two posters on the Board that would consider this. ;)

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Mainstreet said:
Are you being sarcastic? The player available at thirteen would have to be very, very special.

It would be a steal for a team to give up #13 in a weak draft for Barbosa and another pick. We don't know who will be there at 13. I think it's better to keep him.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
boisesuns said:
It would be a steal for a team to give up #13 in a weak draft for Barbosa and another pick. We don't know who will be there at 13. I think it's better to keep him.

If the Suns move up like that my guess is they would be looking at Reddick.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeds Of Hate said:

Not sure why you laugh. The Suns have been in the market for a shooter since the middle of last year. Widely reported at all sources.

His DWI isn't an issue because Colangelo no longer runs the team. It would allow him to fall to 13. It depends on if they think he can learn the point.