Suns moving up to #13 pick?

sunsfn

Reaction score
Next year Philly has payroll to the tune of $88,000,000. I would say they are over the cap a little...........:)

They can not take on Barbosa without the suns taking something back.

The picks have no value in a trade.

Here is a listing of some players they have that could figure in a trade.
I absolutely do not want Korver, and I do not think the suns would take him....? He is very much like James Jones as far as shooting, but Jones is a much better athlete and can play some defense, Korver what I have seen, is strictly a 3 point shooter.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kyle Korver[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3,630,363[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$4,011,551[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$4,392,739[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$4,773,927[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$5,155,115[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$5,536,303[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kevin Ollie[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,950,200[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3,196,050[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3,441,900[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Steven Hunter[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,800,000[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3,024,000[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3,248,000[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3,472,000[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3,696,000[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Andre Iguodala[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,058,000[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,201,640[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,804,889[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3,800,625[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Greg Buckner[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,974,074[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,125,926[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,277,778[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]John Salmons[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$1,669,001[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,463,446[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Michael Bradley[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$771,123[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Louis Williams[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$718,000[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$800,000[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shavlik Randolph[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$398,762[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Willie Green[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$183,839[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$771,331[/FONT]

JWF

Veteran
Reaction score
Absolute Zero said:
This trade takes us a step backwards for next season. Barbosa is a big impact player, no guarantee that anyone we draft at 13 would exceed that impact.

Yeah. I dont see any positive impact in trading away our best bench scorer just to move up 7 spots in the draft.

PhxGametime

Formerly Bball_31
Reaction score
The rumor is #21 and #27 for #13 but 76ers rather have Barbosa and #27 for #13 - doesn't mean Suns would make that trade...

asudevil83

Reaction score
well, if could the suns be looking to do this deal because they feel that Marcus Williams is still going to be on the board?

he could give us a legit backup at the PG slot. he's a true PG.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Maybe we can do LB for the 13th then another trade packaging both picks we have for another lower-teen pick. (15-18 is my guess)

This way we can draft a solid backup PG (One to follow Nash) and than with the later pick we can snag Saer Sene

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Barbosa is easily worth the #13 by himself. If we were going to do that deal, why not trade Barbosa straight up for #13, then package the #13, #21, and #27 for something else.

asudevil83

Reaction score
how about the #21+2007 First? we would retain Barbosa and have a chance at maybe Rondo/Marcus Williams or Sene if we are high on him as much as people are saying.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
asudevil83 said:
how about the #21+2007 First? we would retain Barbosa and have a chance at maybe Rondo/Marcus Williams or Sene if we are high on him as much as people are saying.
You do mean the Suns first pick in 2007, right? The Atlanta pick must remain untouchable unless it for a sure thing. A slightly better pick in this draft is definitely not a sure thing.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
The only way I would do the Barbs/27 for the 13 is if we also did the Chicago deal and it included Gordon.

Also it would be contingent on Williams or Rondo being available.

asudevil83

Reaction score
ArizonaSportsFan said:
You do mean the Suns first pick in 2007, right? The Atlanta pick must remain untouchable unless it for a sure thing. A slightly better pick in this draft is definitely not a sure thing.

hell no, not that Atlanta pick.

scotsman13

Reaction score
boisesuns said:
Really? I think for many teams, that would be a steal of a deal.

in this years draft in what where there is no real impact players (sure there is some nice players but no really superstar type players) i wouldnt trade barbosa straight up for the 13 pick in the draft. it seems like a lot of people forget that barbosa is only 23 and is still learning the nba game. the way he can score and the way his game is going to continue to grow for the next couple years make him a better player then anyone that in going to be pick from maybe 5 on down.

asudevil83

Reaction score
well this is sounding like its going to get interesting.

a Realgm member just posted a rumor from WIP 610 (Philly Radio) that their are discussions of a:

Barbosa/#21/#27 for Dalambert/#13

now, those salaries dont match up at all, but maybe a Barbosa/KT for Dalambert/#13 would work.

this of course could only be done if Marion for Chandler/#2 were done also, to offset Dalambert's contract as far as the LT goes.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I proposed this on another board.............

Arm chair GM trades... always fun :)

Chicago gets:
-Marion
-One of the 1st rd picks.

Suns get:
Chandler
#2 pick

THEN

Suns & Philly trade.

Philly gets
#2 pick
#27 pick

Suns get
#13 pick
Iggy - though i know they don't want to part w/him, but maybe the #2 would entice them?

With #13 the Suns draft Sene or Armstrong.

THEN

They look to trade KT for backcourt help/expiring contract - they have until march really.

This would give them a roster of..
KT
Amare
Diaw/Iggy
Bell
Nash

Sene
Chandler
TT - room to sign, but not too much
Diaw/Iggy
Bobo
Jones

Grant
Burke

I'm not sure this would completely work, but the #'s are close and hell, i'm playing armchair GM.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am convinced we could get Chandler and #2 for Marion, without giving up a pick.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Barbosa is traded, the Suns will be desperate for backcourt help. I would guess #13 would signal the pick of Carney. Then they would need to acquire a PG from someone.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
The Suns aren't gaining anything if they trade Barbosa for a pick, even if they draft a player who can help immediately. And, the team's window of opportunity is next year, so trading short-term assets for long-term assets is a huge mistake.

In other words, I don't see it happening. I'm sure the Suns would be thrilled to package their picks for the #13, though.

I also can't see the Suns taking Redick, not after the trouble they went to liquidating Q after his playoff struggles. When you're this close, why go out of your way to add a player with a history of choking in the clutch? (Plus, there's no guarantee that Redick can punish mismatches. If it turns out the Spurs can guard Redick with Robert Horry, he's pretty much useless for the Suns in that matchup.)

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Barbosa ain't all that....he's an undersized sg. I would be all over a deal like this. Its either deal Barbosa or be forced to deal Diaw or Marion at some point. And people talking like the 27th pick is some great prize?? LOL

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
pokerface said:
Barbosa ain't all that....he's an undersized sg. I would be all over a deal like this. Its either deal Barbosa or be forced to deal Diaw or Marion at some point. And people talking like the 27th pick is some great prize?? LOL

He's an undersized sg that is worth more than the 13th pick in this draft though. Laugh all you want about the 27 pick point is you don't just throw low valued assests away for lower valued assests.

I'd rather have Barbosa next year and walk without getting anything in return next year than do that trade. No one at 13 is going to help the Suns title run more than LB. Also the article says the 76ers would trade the pick for the 21 and 27 regardless so why would the Suns toss them Barbosa?

What I don't get is how Suns fans could be so down on LB for the most part while Mavs fans are so high on Harris. They are both the same age, both are flawed but offer key contributions off the bench and despite all the hype Harris got in the playoffs LB outpreformed him.

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
SunsTzu said:
He's an undersized sg that is worth more than the 13th pick in this draft though. Laugh all you want about the 27 pick point is you don't just throw low valued assests away for lower valued assests.

I'd rather have Barbosa next year and walk without getting anything in return next year than do that trade. No one at 13 is going to help the Suns title run more than LB. Also the article says the 76ers would trade the pick for the 21 and 27 regardless so why would the Suns toss them Barbosa?

What I don't get is how Suns fans could be so down on LB for the most part while Mavs fans are so high on Harris. They are both the same age, both are flawed but offer key contributions off the bench and despite all the hype Harris got in the playoffs LB outpreformed him.

First you say "you don't just throw low valued assests away for lower valued assests." then in the very next paragraph you're saying "I'd rather have Barbosa next year and walk without getting anything in return next year than do that trade." Uhhh....So you'd savor the 27th pick but let Barbosa just walk...gotcha.

Plus I dont think Barbosa is essential to our title run....at least I hope not or we're in trouble.

NastyOne

Suns 4 Life...Probably...Maybe
Reaction score
Philly GM would be nuts to do such a deal.

You don't trade a starting athletic young center for a undersized shooting guard.

And you also don't throw the 13th pick into the deal and drop to 21st just to get the 27th.

I would send him a pack of beer if he allowed D'Antoni to bend him over like that.

Dalembert would be a stud on our team.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
pokerface said:
First you say "you don't just throw low valued assests away for lower valued assests." then in the very next paragraph you're saying "I'd rather have Barbosa next year and walk without getting anything in return next year than do that trade." Uhhh....So you'd savor the 27th pick but let Barbosa just walk...gotcha.

Plus I dont think Barbosa is essential to our title run....at least I hope not or we're in trouble.

Barbosa would mean more to the team next year than anyone drafted at 13. He could help the Suns win a title and if he does that and the Suns can't keep him so be it. Point is he gives the Suns a better chance of winning next year.

I don't savor the 27th pick but there'd be no need to trade it. The Suns could get a pcik higher than 13 for Barbosa alone, why would you just throw in the 27th pick?(unless you're GM for the Hawks)

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
If Barbosa was going to be involved, I would be talking to Boston - not Philly. Ainge is not against moving the pick, and I bet Barbosa and the 21 would move us to 7.

At which point we could get Marcus Williams...

OP
OP
pokerface

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
SunsTzu said:
Barbosa would mean more to the team next year than anyone drafted at 13. He could help the Suns win a title and if he does that and the Suns can't keep him so be it. Point is he gives the Suns a better chance of winning next year.

I don't savor the 27th pick but there'd be no need to trade it. The Suns could get a pcik higher than 13 for Barbosa alone, why would you just throw in the 27th pick?(unless you're GM for the Hawks)

How do you know the 13th pick isnt any good? Do you know more than the Suns scouts? Why is there a lot of talk about the Suns moving up? They must be interested in SOMEONE.

I remember when the Suns drafted Nash....ppl were like "Who is that??"...little did we all know we just drafted our future two time MVP.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
pokerface said:
How do you know the 13th pick isnt any good? Do you know more than the Suns scouts? Why is there a lot of talk about the Suns moving up? They must be interested in SOMEONE.

I remember when the Suns drafted Nash....ppl were like "Who is that??"...little did we all know we just drafted our future two time MVP.

Show me one Suns scout that said there is anyone they're looking at that would be better next year than Barbosa. I've actually heard D'Antoni quoted as saying he plans on having Barbosa play a bigger role next year to take pressure off Nash. Do you think you know more than D'Antoni? Even this article doesn't say the Suns re intrested in moving LB, it says Philly wants him.

A 22-23 year old Nash only played 10mpg, 23 year old Barbosa was playing 34mpg in the WCF. I think I'll take Barbosa over some 10mpg rook for a title run. The idea of Nash winning an MVP was laughable 3 years ago, but he kept getting better. While Barbosa will likely never reach Nash's level he is improving.

Give me one good reason why the Suns should trade LB and the 27th pick for the 13 when the Suns could get a better pick for LB alone? Also it should be mentioned the only way the Suns could trade LB to the 76ers is if they took on Buckner's contract(who is making more and has 2 years left on his deal) to match.

asudevil83

Reaction score
SunsTzu said:
Show me one Suns scout that said there is anyone they're looking at that would be better next year than Barbosa. I've actually heard D'Antoni quoted as saying he plans on having Barbosa play a bigger role next year to take pressure off Nash. Do you think you know more than D'Antoni? Even this article doesn't say the Suns re intrested in moving LB, it says Philly wants him.

A 22-23 year old Nash only played 10mpg, 23 year old Barbosa was playing 34mpg in the WCF. I think I'll take Barbosa over some 10mpg rook for a title run. The idea of Nash winning an MVP was laughable 3 years ago, but he kept getting better. While Barbosa will likely never reach Nash's level he is improving.

Give me one good reason why the Suns should trade LB and the 27th pick for the 13 when the Suns could get a better pick for LB alone? Also it should be mentioned the only way the Suns could trade LB to the 76ers is if they took on Buckner's contract(who is making more and has 2 years left on his deal) to match.

and too bad buckner is on the Nuggets roster.