Suns open Summer League in Las Vegas, July 13th, 2024

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns open Summer League in Las Vegas, July 13th against the Warriors.

I'm anxious to see their roster when it is completed.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the Suns first four summer league games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guard Tyson Walker, formerly of Michigan State, will join the Suns summer league team along with undrafted players, big Tyrese Samuel and guard Boo Buie.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Michigan State’s Tyson Walker has agreed to join the Phoenix Suns for NBA Summer League, I’m told.18.4 PTS, 2.9 REB, 2.8 AST, 1.9 STL en route to 2nd Team All-B1G honors.Dynamic 6’0 ½" initiator w/ a shifty handle and deadly pull-up game — tactician punishing drop coverages.

Sounds as if he has Nash-like chops…

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guard Tyson Walker, formerly of Michigan State, will join the Suns summer league team along with undrafted players, big Tyrese Samuel and guard Boo Buie.

Prediction:

This guy ends up being a classic "summer league" guard. He will be the dude who we all get annoyed with as he tries to ball hog his way into the league, freezing out all the draft picks that we're interested in seeing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Michigan State’s Tyson Walker has agreed to join the Phoenix Suns for NBA Summer League, I’m told.18.4 PTS, 2.9 REB, 2.8 AST, 1.9 STL en route to 2nd Team All-B1G honors.Dynamic 6’0 ½" initiator w/ a shifty handle and deadly pull-up game — tactician punishing drop coverages.

The 2.8 assists may suggest otherwise

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Prediction:

This guy ends up being a classic "summer league" guard. He will be the dude who we all get annoyed with as he tries to ball hog his way into the league, freezing out all the draft picks that we're interested in seeing.
This feels more likely. High scoring/low distributing collegiate guard trying to wow teams.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prediction:

Maybe, but I'm all for bringing them in and trying them out.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe, but I'm all for bringing them in and trying them out.

It's just the nature of the summer league, if it's not him it will probably be someone else.

It's typically ugly basketball, guys who clearly have only just met, suuuuper whistle happy refs, and a boat load of guards with tunnel vision.

But... there isn't much else going on that time of year so I will probably end up watching some of it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's just the nature of the summer league, if it's not him it will probably be someone else.

It's typically ugly basketball, guys who clearly have only just met, suuuuper whistle happy refs, and a boat load of guards with tunnel vision.

But... there isn't much else going on that time of year so I will probably end up watching some of it.

Yeah, I always enjoy watching, that is, if I can add it to my new television package.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It's been a hot minute since we have had guys in Summer League that will actually play on the team.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He’s got speed and shoots around 40% from three over his last three years of college.

He is just tiny. 6-0 is generous. And he is like 160 lbs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We will get to see these guys in summer league: Ryan Dunn, Oso Ighodaro, Jalen Bridges and Collin Gillespie