Suns out of moves?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
jbeecham said:
Game 1 was an abberation of the playoffs. I think it's the 1st time we outshot any team from the ft line so i could understand Mavs fans being upset about that one. Although you still had a 9pt lead in the 4th qtr despite our shooting more FTs. Game 2 was disgusting. Game 3 it seemed like the refs stopped calling fouls and violations against both teams in the 2nd half (Suns had 2 ft's the entire 2nd half). Sometimes it's about what they call, sometimes it's about what they don't call. The Suns still didn't play well enough in Game 3 to win.

OMG!! REALLY?? IN EVERY THREAD???

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
DaMav said:
I just think it is hard to ever find the truth via a unified single-sided opinion, regardless of the subject matter.

first, i agree with what you say. given out depleted ranks i don't see what rabbit d'antoni can pull outta his hat at this time. but, that's why he's an nba coach and i'm not.

second i don't get your tiff with d'antoni. he's the best coach the suns have EVER had. i do not say that lightly.

finally, trust me, we do NOT have "a unified single-sided opinion" on this board. though the bannings have been rampant and generally outta control to my thinking. but in support of the mods here, mavs fans do have an unusually large number of trolls for troll's sake.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
nowagimp said:
And my past experience tells me that it is VERY UNLIKELY that a casual fan could tell a COY winner how to coach basketball in the NBA, but alternately, it is very likely that such a fan thinks he knows more than a top NBA coach.

oh c'mon, almost everyone on this board at one time or another thinks they know more than our coaches or gms otherwise we wouldn't have any conversations at all.

nowagimp

Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
oh c'mon, almost everyone on this board at one time or another thinks they know more than our coaches or gms otherwise we wouldn't have any conversations at all.

Exactly, as I said: it is highly likely that a casual fan thinks he knows more than the coach.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nowagimp said:
And my past experience tells me that it is VERY UNLIKELY that a casual fan could tell a COY winner how to coach basketball in the NBA, but alternately, it is very likely that such a fan thinks he knows more than a top NBA coach.

To quote the late Cotton Fitzsimmons, "Basketball ain't rocket science." I see no reason to pretend like it is.

Nash

Reaction score
no we're not out of moves. we left all our moves out on the court tonight!

:rockon:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike D'Antoni should have been coach of the year again this year.

Joe

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
Mike D'Antoni should have been coach of the year again this year.

Joe

Considering what the Suns had to overcome, he deserved it this year. AJ has done nice job, but he took over a team that was almost certain to get to the second round a year ago and an owner that loans money to God. With a $96 million payroll and Don Nelson to do his drafting, can you imagine what D'Antoni could do?

cly2tw

Reaction score
We don't need new players to throw new angles out there. All we really need is to get the engergy and contrentration level high for a whole game.

OP
OP
D

DaMav

Unabashed Mavericks Fan
Reaction score
I will eat my crow.. I thought the Suns played a great game, especially defensively. Was very impressive. I give D'Antoni a lot of credit too. You guys played a dominating game yet didn't get dominating performances from your two best players (Nash and Marion). Was very staggering.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
It's amazing how much better the suns play when they have some urgency behind them. I don't necessarily think that the suns did anything better tonight than game 3, other than fight harder for loose balls, be more active on the defensive end and run just a little bit faster on the offensive end.

I do think Raja's return was a major factor today; the team seemed to rally around him. I really hope they can carry the emotion forward to game 5.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Suns_fan69 said:
It's amazing how much better the suns play when they have some urgency behind them. I don't necessarily think that the suns did anything better tonight than game 3, other than fight harder for loose balls, be more active on the defensive end and run just a little bit faster on the offensive end.

I do think Raja's return was a major factor today; the team seemed to rally around him. I really hope they can carry the emotion forward to game 5.

Husle and energy, that's the key. Marion got a couple of off. rebounds and saves that were huge. We didn't have as many TOs as a consequence of hightened contrentration level. Bell caused two huge off. foul TOs one leading to the T for AJ. He should've gotten another one against Dirk fighting for rebound position which the ref. called foul on him.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Here's a move we came up with at the game -- Suns lack one critical, semi-intangible thing -- a small alien. Sam Cassell, Stackhouse -- but if Steve shaved his head....