Suns to trade JJ for Boris Diaw and 2 future #1's

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
JJ can rot. Plain and simple. This team waited forever for his talent to finally produce, and when it does, he bolts. I hope he is a complete bust and never reaches the playoffs again. :mad:

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
The suns held this fragile, inconsistant, baby player they got form the celtics and helped him become a decent role player. Then he went away. I'm glad we got something from then, but we need more than draft picks as replacement. Good thing ATL doesn't know he can't play point guard:)

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
I want to say something real quick. This isn't Joe's fault. This isn't McDyss all over again. The Suns wanted Antonio back, apparently they don't want Joe back.

The Suns hold Joe's rights. They had the option to retain him, and he even said himself there would be no issues if he came back.

Sarver is taking the easy way out and hoping to avoid a PR hit.

Restricted Free Agency was created so that teams could retain talent that they developed even if the player wanted to leave. The Suns and not taking advantage of this, so the blame rests solely on Robert Sarver.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
I want to say something real quick. This isn't Joe's fault. This isn't McDyss all over again. The Suns wanted Antonio back, apparently they don't want Joe back.

The Suns hold Joe's rights. They had the option to retain him, and he even said himself there would be no issues if he came back.

Sarver is taking the easy way out and hoping to avoid a PR hit.

Restricted Free Agency was created so that teams could retain talent that they developed even if the player wanted to leave. The Suns and not taking advantage of this, so the blame rests solely on Robert Sarver.

Unfortunately, trading him for a suspect role player and two first rounders that we may never use (if our history is any indication) actually IS a PR hit.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
clif said:
At what point will a grown ass man be held accountable for his actions? People keep blaming Sarver when this punk ( yes I called him a punk) comes out and says... hey I want to be the man on a scrub team. I 'm sorry, but that is just BS. Call it negotiating all you want, but there was no need for it.

Ah BS. He said he would prefer that the Phoenix Suns let him go to Atlanta. In no way did he force the issue... at least that's not what it seems like from reading that article by Mark Stein. He said if the Phoenix Suns match the offer he'll come back, play hard, and get along great with his teammates.

This is not the fault of JJ.

Joe Mama

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
Ah BS. He said he would prefer that the Phoenix Suns let him go to Atlanta. In no way did he force the issue... at least that's not what it seems like from reading that article by Mark Stein. He said if the Phoenix Suns match the offer he'll come back, play hard, and get along great with his teammates.

Joe Mama

JJ signed the contract, he said what he did, so some "blame" lies with him.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:

Joe Mama

He should have never said a DAMN word... he's making millions on championship caliber team... TOTAL horse crap to suggest that this has nothing to do with JJ being a punk.

I am so pissed right now for this crap to even be discussed.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:

Joe Mama

Sure, it's not all the fault of JJ, it's everyone's fault. INCLUDING JJ. No matter how much you support him, what he's done is a slap in the face against us, the fans.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Sure, it's not all the fault of JJ, it's everyone's fault. INCLUDING JJ. No matter how much you support him, what he's done is a slap in the face against us, the fans.

exactly! Everybody deserves some blame, but for him to even open his flippin mouth after all this is BS!

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
clif said:
He should have never said a DAMN word... he's making millions on championship caliber team... TOTAL horse crap to suggest that this has nothing to do with JJ being a punk.

I am so pissed right now for this crap to even be discussed.

Bah, you have to posture like that to get an offer from the team. Atlanta won't extend a max contract unless they think he wants to be there.

He even said that he would work twice as hard if he came back.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
Bah, you have to posture like that to get an offer from the team. Atlanta won't extend a max contract unless they think he wants to be there.

He even said that he would work twice as hard if he came back.

To me it's a loyalty issue. Some things are better left unsaid. If he felt he needed to piss the Suns ( and more importantly the fans) off to get a few extra millions, then his mind isn't in the right place and the trust is gone. It can still come back, but wow...this is not the time IMO.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
green machine said:
JJ can rot. Plain and simple. This team waited forever for his talent to finally produce, and when it does, he bolts. I hope he is a complete bust and never reaches the playoffs again. :mad:

I don’t understand the hate towards JJ. He has an option in his contract that says he can sign with another team. He finds a team and they make him an offer. He had a great time here in PHX, but he wants to be the “man” on a team close to home. PHX can match if they want to, but they would rather save their money and spend it elsewhere. Why the hate towards JJ? He helped us make a great run, now he’s gone and we are reloading.

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
I think I'm going to ****ing puke. Diaw is a piece of **** benchwarmer, and yay more draft picks, like that's what we need. So now we've got Amare, a 32 year old Nash, an overpaid Marion, and a ragtag group of average to below-average players. I wouldn't be surprised if Amare doesn't sign an extension.. we had our year of glory but I don't see us as better than a 5 seed next year. If management had any brains, we would match for JJ, then try to trade Marion after next year. I can't say I'm even looking forward to next season now - guess I'm not a real fan but oh well I'm disgusted.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
clif said:
To me it's a loyalty issue. Some things are better left unsaid. If he felt he needed to piss the Suns ( and more importantly the fans) off to get a few extra millions, then his mind isn't in the right place and the trust is gone. It can still come back, but wow...this is not the time IMO.

Be hontest here. The guy is talking about an extra 4 million a year, not just "a few millions".

He did what he had to do to get the money. He would have come back and played hard. The Suns are citing "chemestry issues" which is ********.

Sarver is taking the easy road out. Joe was simply doing his negotiations.

The blame is 90% Suns, 10% Joe.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
I don’t understand the hate towards JJ. He has an option in his contract that says he can sign with another team. He finds a team and they make him an offer. He had a great time here in PHX, but he wants to be the “man” on a team close to home. PHX can match if they want to, but they would rather save their money and spend it elsewhere. Why the hate towards JJ? He helped us make a great run, now he’s gone and we are reloading.

I don't think we are reloading, and if JJ wanted to be closer to home, Memphis would be closer:)

Who is JJ's agent? I wonder if he's part of all this so he can get his cut?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:

If you're content, that's fine. But ask yourself WHY are we reloading?? Again? We've never won a championship and we come extremely close with one of the league's youngest teams last season. Which usually means that there is a lot of longevity in that group. That is now pretty much gone.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
goldseraph said:
I think I'm going to ****ing puke. Diaw is a piece of **** benchwarmer, and yay more draft picks, like that's what we need. So now we've got Amare, a 32 year old Nash, an overpaid Marion, and a ragtag group of average to below-average players. I wouldn't be surprised if Amare doesn't sign an extension.. we had our year of glory but I don't see us as better than a 5 seed next year. If management had any brains, we would match for JJ, then try to trade Marion after next year. I can't say I'm even looking forward to next season now - guess I'm not a real fan but oh well I'm disgusted.

That would be:

The best PF prospect in the league today
The best SF in the league today
The best PG n the league today

Some decent bench players that know their roles

The future is not looking too bad....

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
You guys are overreacting. The Suns had them include an exemption for a reason. I'm sure they'll use the money.

Diaw is a lot like Marion, minus the shooting, but with MUCH better ball handling skills.

If the two first round picks are unprotected, then this is a great trade. Why force JJ to stay here if I doesnt want to? Bring in Finley if possible, then replace JJ with one of the picks. (If they're unprotected, finding a replacement shouldnt be too hard.)

Im not worried.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree, I don't blame JJ. He wanted more money, he got it, that's business.

Suns saved two 1st rounders from departing of Johnson. If one of the picks becomes a lottery pick it may turn out a good deal.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
boisesuns said:
I don't think we are reloading, and if JJ wanted to be closer to home, Memphis would be closer:)

Who is JJ's agent? I wonder if he's part of all this so he can get his cut?

Memphis can't sign him, and ATL is closer than PHX.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
Bada0Bing said:
That would be:

The best PF prospect in the league today
The best SF in the league today
The best PG n the league today

Some decent bench players that know their roles

The future is not looking too bad....

Agreed

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
thegrahamcrackr said:
Be hontest here. The guy is talking about an extra 4 million a year, not just "a few millions".

He did what he had to do to get the money. He would have come back and played hard. The Suns are citing "chemestry issues" which is ********.

Sarver is taking the easy road out. Joe was simply doing his negotiations.

The blame is 90% Suns, 10% Joe.

If you want to specifically talk about dollars then you are absolutely right, BUT I thought this was about playing basketball and not how I can squeeze the team that took a chance on me and screwing the fans that supported me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05