Suns trade for Beal

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Chris Paul hints Isiah Thomas may been involved in the trade for Bradley Beal.

Actually, it sounds like more than a hint.

@jf-08 already referenced it in post #307.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Yeah.... If there is one thing he wants the world to know..... It's that Zeke is in Ishbia's ear.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ishbia had every chance to 100% shoot down the rumors of Isiah ever being involved at the press conference and he didn’t do it. Our heads are in the sand if we don’t think he has some influence over Ishbia.
Oh, I think he has a ton. Most likely he has more influence than James Jones. Ishibia just can't formally hire him, so it has to be done off the record.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If CP3 is waived, where do we think he goes? What would be his best shot to
win a title?

I’d love to see him go to either the Sixers, Heat or the Celtics.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Not really. We are still going to be over the second apron with whoever replaces him.
Definitely don't want to swap him for another ginormous gigantic contract - that would defeat the purpose - I'd rather someone just take over payments so to speak - frees up some cash for us and gets the problem child off the roster - but it would be nice to get someone in return if the contract isn't gargantuan

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
If CP3 is waived, where do we think he goes? What would be his best shot to
win a title?

I’d love to see him go to either the Sixers, Heat or the Celtics.
Ha, while I'd love to see this, hard to see him going anywhere outside of LA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Arizona Sports has a show about the trade right now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Heat were reportedly not interested in trading for Beal.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just heard this too. Shows you how little leverage the Wizards had. The Suns said no and still got Beal.

What I don't fully understand is why the Wizards weren't more patient.

They must have wanted to get rid of Beal's contract bad.

The Wizards had probably already explored the market and that was it with Beal's no trade clause.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Wizards had probably already explored the market and that was it with Beal's no trade clause.
Nobody wanted to take on Beal’s contract plus the no trade clause as the Apron is phased in. Plus, according to another show, Beal wanted to play with the Suns and had more or less control where he went because of the no trade.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody wanted to take on Beal’s contract plus the no trade clause as the Apron is phased in. Plus, according to another show, Beal wanted to play with the Suns and had more or less control where he went.

We really do not know if every team was not interested in Beal, only a report the Heat weren't.

However, Beal controlled his destiny with a no trade clause.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We really do not know if every team was not interested in Beal, only a report the Heat weren't.

However, Beal controlled his destiny with a no trade clause.
I don’t think anybody said every team but their local radio is reporting the market was already thin and coupled with Beal’s wishes there were limited options.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He's owed 250 Million over the next 4 years. He misses a LOT of games. The new CBA makes his contract an albatross and Washington knew it. And it was made worse by Beal's no trade contract. Very few teams would be willing to take on that kind of money for a player that misses so many games. All those things worked in our favor in this trade.

This trade might backfire on us but if it does, it really won't change things very much because of our already precarious situation. And it takes us from being a very longshot to win it all to a solid threat to do so.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo saying CP3 absolutely knew he was either getting traded or waived. His future here was pretty much over.
On top of that, Paul said he would not comeback for the league minimum and was trying to force the Suns hand to pay him the $30 million. Gambo said from day one the Suns were not paying him that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser