Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outside of our two atrocious games, the Spurs are 1-4 while already losing TWICE BY 40.

Losing back to back games to them, at home no less, was truly pathetic.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am actually feeling good about the Suns despite the nagging injuries to Beal and Booker. I think we will get long stretches of health. I at least hope so. Some positive things is that Durant is looking more like the old Durant. Gordon/Allen combo provide depth we have not had. Allen is shooting 47% from the arc. He is averaging 13. Gordon is scoring at a good clip now that he looks comfortable. He is shooting just shy of 50% from the floor, almost 37% from 3, putting up 15 points and averaging over 3 assists. The Suns are currently the 11 best bench in the NBA with a screwed up lineup.

I know much depends on the team's health but man...if they can healthy? There is zero about the bench is better off this season.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I am actually feeling good about the Suns despite the nagging injuries to Beal and Booker. I think we will get long stretches of health. I at least hope so. Some positive things is that Durant is looking more like the old Durant. Gordon/Allen combo provide depth we have not had. Allen is shooting 47% from the arc. He is averaging 13. Gordon is scoring at a good clip now that he looks comfortable. He is shooting just shy of 50% from the floor, almost 37% from 3, putting up 15 points and averaging over 3 assists. The Suns are currently the 11 best bench in the NBA with a screwed up lineup.

I know much depends on the team's health but man...if they can healthy? There is zero about the bench is better off this season.
This will be the best offense in the NBA when healthy. Hopefully we get to see that for long stretches.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Drinking some espresso and taking some bong snaps - and I'm thinking - when we play the Nuggets.... can we put Eubanks on Aaron Gordon and Nurk on Jokic... at the same time??

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drinking some espresso and taking some bong snaps - and I'm thinking - when we play the Nuggets.... can we put Eubanks on Aaron Gordon and Nurk on Jokic... at the same time??

Why would we? For real. That would allow their defense to hide someone on Eubanks, which gives them a free man to use to double KD, Booker, or Beal. If we lose to the Nuggets because of AG, we were doomed from the start. Jokic and Murray are the only 2 players that can single handedly win games for Denver.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nurkic is averaging 3.9 free throws attempts a game. Ayton has 3 attempts for the whole season.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Pretty sure it was Eddie Johnson who talked about it last night that Grayson Allen has learned to play off of KD really well and being the closest Sun to him means his defender will be the one to double on KD leaving him open and the easiest pass out of the double as well. That's the best way for Allen to play and he'll get so many touches that way that he'll be feasting.

I feel comfortable saying we would be in a worse spot right now if we didn't have Allen. He's been huge for us without Booker and Beal. I wish he were a better passer, not that he's unwilling, but he's been a great complimentary player so far.

He's the 5th starter when the big 3 are healthy and has earned that role. I know that was an often discussed topic that could go many different ways but he's shown he's a notch above everyone else in the rotation.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Pretty sure it was Eddie Johnson who talked about it last night that Grayson Allen has learned to play off of KD really well and being the closest Sun to him means his defender will be the one to double on KD leaving him open and the easiest pass out of the double as well. That's the best way for Allen to play and he'll get so many touches that way that he'll be feasting.

I feel comfortable saying we would be in a worse spot right now if we didn't have Allen. He's been huge for us without Booker and Beal. I wish he were a better passer, not that he's unwilling, but he's been a great complimentary player so far.

He's the 5th starter when the big 3 are healthy and has earned that role. I know that was an often discussed topic that could go many different ways but he's shown he's a notch above everyone else in the rotation.
yessir and homie clocked 37 minutes last night.... 1 turnover the entire game

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Allen has been great in that he's ready to shoot, confident and calm when doing so. I like his poise too, such a true professional, he's been great to watch. The turnovers come too much when he tries to force the action, on the opposite end of the spectrum...when he lets the game come to him, he has shines so far.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake