Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wish there was a way to get Markkanen.
There was when he was on the Bulls, Suns were even supposedly interested. Same thing with Aaron Gordon. Both would have been good acquisitions.

We have removed almost all roster flexibility. Basically our only real tradeable pieces are KD and Booker, and moving either of them is not going to happen anytime soon, so we need to pray this team gets it's act together.

I still think it will, no way should we be the worst team in the NBA in the 4th qtr - we certainly are not the least talented.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While we are wishing, I wish the Suns could get PG Bones Hyland.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While we are wishing, I wish the Suns could get PG Bones Hyland.

Eh. Maybe if the price was real cheap.

He is another selfish guy who is streaky as hell. Understand why the Clippers would dump him, they already have to many me first players.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh. Maybe if the price was real cheap.

He is another selfish guy who is streaky as hell. Understand why the Clippers would dump him, they already have to many me first players.

The Clippers didn't dump him. He is simply out of the rotation. Hyland only cost the Clippers two 2nd round picks. I doubt the Clippers would want to help the Suns if he were available.

McConnell would probably be the better choice if the Suns had the assets to get him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns need to turn round asap looking like a mid teir team so far not potential champs

Lot of holes in this coaching system

Az fans should be use to medicore coaches by now lol

So far, the season is nothing to get excited about. It's been hard to bond with the team with all the changes.

clyde2tw

All Star
Reaction score
BrightSideofTheSuns has several articles that get the Suns 4th q woes correct, their rather simple game plans and potential weakness on both sides of the court get figured out and brutally exploited by the other team, by the end of the game.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know people are expecting Booker to help, and he will, but he's not the cure all answer either. A team with KD and Bradley Beal should not be struggling to close games like they have.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nurk just blows on defense, i think this is why our rotations are terrible. Also we have no inside out game, he's looking to play make too much.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Clippers didn't dump him. He is simply out of the rotation. Hyland only cost the Clippers two 2nd round picks. I doubt the Clippers would want to help the Suns if he were available.

McConnell would probably be the better choice if the Suns had the assets to get him.
I said they would dump him, not that they had.

Clippers are already screwed, I am sure they are concentrating on their own problems they have created for themselves. Nobody is going to take Harden off their hands.

Really don't think McConnell would be much help either. Personally I think our problems in the 4th are primarily being caused by coaching.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's an issue but I don't think he is the main issue.

Our 4th quarter problems are much more on the offensive end than the defensive.

I never said he was the main issue...I never said anything about 4th quarter problems...but I understand why you replied that way as the running topic was 4th quarter woes. I usually post as soon as i jump on without thinking about the previous post, sometimes they're from the previous night.

It was more venting about Nurk. He's not the 4th qtr issue, the offensive sets are as i've said a few times in game threads.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not a mystery the Suns are committing too many turnovers and leaning too much on Durant.

I guess the Suns FO forgot about the need for another distributor to run the team when Booker and/or Beal are out.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
It's not a mystery the Suns are committing too many turnovers and leaning too much on Durant.

I guess the Suns FO forgot about the need for another distributor to run the team when Booker and/or Beal are out.
It's the "James Jones" approach: you don't need guards or centers as long as you have an endless supply of likable, only fair to middling semi-athletic 6-5 to 6-7 guys, who can occasionally hit a three and have good back stories.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's the "James Jones" approach: you don't need guards or centers as long as you have an endless supply of likable, only fair to middling semi-athletic 6-5 to 6-7 guys, who can occasionally hit a three and have good back stories.

Eh... this team is rather short on likeability, and it's the least athletic team we've had in a while.

I don't think this is a James Jones roster.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ronin

In your city