Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think the key to improving the 4th quarter woes at least in the short term is to try and have at least two of the big 3 out there for the entire 4th quarter.

Seems like when it is just one of them out there the offense goes completely stale and starts relying completely on ISO.

Or just have such a big lead going into the 4th that a crappy quarter doesn't lead to a loss..

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
negative nancy here, but after this game are we going to hear..."Book probable" for the game after this? "Beal questionable" after this game? Just hope he's 100% because his injury has moved from foot to leg now, not the same leg but could be from compensation. Some are even mentioning his shoes, wish he would have modeled his shoes after the GT's he used to wear all the time.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Curious to see who the 5th starter will be now that everyone's back. Will it still be Okogie? KBD?

It'll be KBD or Grayson. I think tonight KBD because Minnesota has more size we'll need to match up with. Gobert, KAT, and Jaden McDaniels is a big frontcourt.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KD Per game so far:

Points - 30.1
Reb - 7.0
Assists - 4.7
FG% - 51.4
3P% - 45.5%

DJ Tabooh

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
negative nancy here, but after this game are we going to hear..."Book probable" for the game after this? "Beal questionable" after this game? Just hope he's 100% because his injury has moved from foot to leg now, not the same leg but could be from compensation. Some are even mentioning his shoes, wish he would have modeled his shoes after the GT's he used to wear all the time.

This is actually a fair point. Book went back to the Kobe’s last night and looked super comfortable. Whenever you have ankle, foot, calf injuries…it’s not entirely the shoes fault but I wonder if he made a conscious decision to switch back

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Plus making nearly 8 FT’s per game (7.9).
Aside from a few instances where it looks like Durant isn't the ball handler he used to be in his prime, he is looking like old Durant. Like the Durant we expected to see late last season. What impressed me the most? Durant deferred to Booker almost to a fault last season. This season he is appearing more aggressive and is being fairly efficient. This is who we traded for. I think having an entire camp and a different coach has done wonders for Book and KD looking more cohesive out there. I heard Chambers and Eddie talking about how Vogel has implemented new offensive wrinkles in the Suns system. Which is ironic coming from a defensive coach and the fact the team is struggling a bit on the other end.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed when Book plays it appears Durant doesn’t press to score his points.

Seems like he just says, my turn to have fun!
I don't think that was the case last night. I thought they played much better together, and he stayed aggressive. Last year? That definitely was the case. I remember so many times, Durant waiving to Book to come get the ball instead of Durant doing his thing. Maybe it's just them getting more comfortable or maybe it's a new wrinkle in the offense. Not sure. I am anxious to see if Durant stays aggressive.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think that was the case last night. I thought they played much better together, and he stayed aggressive. Last year? That definitely was the case. I remember so many times, Durant waiving to Book to come get the ball instead of Durant doing his thing. Maybe it's just them getting more comfortable or maybe it's a new wrinkle in the offense. Not sure. I am anxious to see if Durant stays aggressive.
Not really, in last nights game in the first qtr Durant enabled Book. It was later in the quarter before Durant had his first shot. Or so it seemed to me:)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really, in last nights game in the first qtr Durant enabled Book. It was later in the quarter before Durant had his first shot. Or so it seemed to me:)
I guess that's now what I had seen at all. What I had seen is them playing off each other. Something that I didn't see last season.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Can't put much stock in that as of yet. It will be interesting to see how that plays out when the big 3 are regularly in the lineup. Interesting though. Eubanks has been a bit of a Suprise in terms of his tenacity on the court.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
been noticing the superstar and good friend trend a little lately

Giannis' brother... forgetaboutit - no way that dude is on the Bucks without his brochacho

then you have combos like Beal and Goodwin - Beal had that no trade clause so I imagine he had a bit of say so as far as whether Goodwin was included or not

Goodwin was a no-brainer as far as the Suns go imo - made the Beal deal even better if you ask me - but it looks like GMs and owners want their largest contracts to be happy and comfortable

KD and Yuta was a bit different - Suns probably would've signed Yuta regardless considering our 3 point predicament last year - but I bet he and KD being cool didn't hurt Yuta's chances of landing here

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
been noticing the superstar and sidekick trend a little lately

Giannis' brother... forgetaboutit - no way that dude is on the Bucks without his brochacho

then you have combos like Beal and Goodwin - Beal had that no trade clause so I imagine he had a bit of say so as far as whether Goodwin was included or not

Goodwin was a no-brainer as far as the Suns go imo - made the Beal deal even better if you ask me - but it looks like GMs and owners want their largest contracts to be happy and comfortable

KD and Yuta was a bit different - Suns probably would've signed Yuta regardless considering our 3 point predicament last year - but I bet he and KD being cool didn't hurt Yuta's chances of landing here
Yuta possibly could have gotten more money (or at least more years) on another team, so Yuta's decision likely had something to do with KD already being here. But I'm not sure the Suns would have signed him if we didn't have KD, especially if all we offered was the minimum.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
been noticing the superstar and good friend trend a little lately

Goodwin's inclusion made losing Camara hurt less. Got to have some real youth on the team somewhere and even though their positions and skill set doesn't overlap, they're equally unproven yet have lots of potential and we should be able to control the next few years cheap. He's actually unguaranteed until January 10th but I don't see him getting cut unless something impacts his ability to play for the next year or two. I can't remember how restricted free agency usually works with 2nd round picks but I believe we'll be able to retain him for a while without much issue. He has a team option for next season also.

1982baskets

Veteran
Reaction score
Eubanks is more effective off the bench getting to go at the second unit. He wouldn't be as effective starting. Suns need a 5 that can take the first punch. While I agree Nurkic leaves a little left to be desired, he is doing a role. Overall, Suns getting considerable production from the 5s. With KD/Book, you have 2 other spots filled. What we need is to figure out what we can get from Allen, Gordon on offense vs what you can get on defense from players like Goodwin/KBD/Little etc.