Suns vs Lakers Saturday May 6, 2006 game thread

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
By 31 points... Wow!

Boy, was I wrong thinking Lakers will give us a fight game 7.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Suns win! Wow, what a great series. The Suns did a great job of taking it away. I'm so proud of this team!

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
az1965 said:
By 31 points... Wow!

Boy, was I wrong thinking Lakers will give us a fight game 7.

Isn't this where the bitter laker fans come in and tell us

1. Way to beat a 7 seed, no big deal.
2. Have fun going down to the clippers in 5

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Treesquid said:
Isn't this where the bitter laker fans come in and tell us

1. Way to beat a 7 seed, no big deal.
2. Have fun going down to the clippers in 5
Like Nash said after game 6, everyone keeps counting us out.

But what a huge, huge heart this team has shown battling back to win the series from 3-1 hole!!

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quick job, Im thinking about making an avatar-sized one in a bit.

You must be registered for see images

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
DieHardFromMO said:
Your joking right?

Nope, I am dead serious. Cassel is about as tough a matchup for Nash as there is in the NBA, and Brand (to a lesser degree Kaman too) will be unstopable. Then you have Magette, Livingstone and Radmanovic who can explode at any moment. I hope I am wrong man, but if I were a betting man, my money would be on the Clippers.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I am also scared of the Clippers and I think they will win in 6 or 7 but I have so much faith in this team right now. Especially with Kurt maybe coming back earlier.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a lot of fun.

Burke hitting that 3 was hysterical.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Mark my words, the Clipper series will see an offensively charged Raja Bell. If Mobley is guarding him, he should be able to do anything.

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
coyoteshockeyfan said:
Quick job, Im thinking about making an avatar-sized one in a bit.

You must be registered for see images

posts like these are why laker fans well say that the suns beat a 7th seed, no big deal, and they're going to be swept by the clippers. just sayin'.

this wasn't a choke job by kobe. the entire lakers team was outplayed by the suns. the suns proved they were the better team in this series. after posting here for the past month, i expected a little more out of you guys then a post like this. oh well.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
bko32 said:
posts like these are why laker fans well say that the suns beat a 7th seed, no big deal, and they're going to be swept by the clippers. just sayin'.

That is the lamest excuse--that you wouldn't even entertain a few days ago. So now you are eliminated and you pull out the 7th seed excuse? Come on man.

lildyce504

Reaction score
As long as we beat the Lakers I'm good!!! Amare WILL be back next season and we will go all the way!!!

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great game for the Suns. They never let up and kept the pressure on all game long. I'm really proud that this team never gave up and kept on fighting even when most of their own fans wrote them off after game 4. Now lets get those Clippers!

Go Suns!

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bko32 said:

this wasn't a choke job by kobe. the entire lakers team was outplayed by the suns. the suns proved they were the better team in this series. after posting here for the past month, i expected a little more out of you guys then a post like this. oh well.
Sorry you feel that way. The little photoshop job was done merely in jest, and not designed to rub it in the faces of the Laker fans. Seeing how your avatar is of Nash with a photoshopped trophy of Kobe jumping over Nash (if Im not mistaken), I dont see what the big deal about mine is (I could have put a lot more mean spirited things than "Choke" on the back of his jersey you know :)). Putting choke on the back was meant to mean how the whole team played rather than just Kobe, but I decided to put an 8 on the back because he is the face of the franchise.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not to mention it's on a Suns board......it would be worse if it was posted on a Lakers board.

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
That is the lamest excuse--that you wouldn't even entertain a few days ago. So now you are eliminated and you pull out the 7th seed excuse? Come on man.

didn't mean for this to come off as an excuse. someone else posted something about bitter laker fans using the 7th seed as an excuse. i was simply stating that the artwork by this poster would give them reason to use that excuse. i think it's lame that we never heard from this poster until the series is won. then for him to post something about kobe choking, when, in fact, he didn't choke. the whole team did.

anyways, i think you've seen quite a few of my posts recently, and i hope you've gathered that i'm a laker fan and a kobe fan, but by no means a homer. i was not making an excuse. the suns simply won and they deserve all the credit in the world for coming back for a 1-3 deficit. coming back from that type of deficit is tremendous, thus why this suns team is only the 8th team in the history of the nba to accomplish the feat. congrats to the suns and all their fans.

RichDawg

Reaction score
"Everybody will say what a great series it was......"

I got a kick out of Dan Majerle recreating Paul Westphal's famous press conference from 1993. Now, if we could just recreate a run to the Finals like in those playoffs...

3rdside

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
From ESPN....

Barbosa's layup to start the second quarter made it 34-15. Bryant cut the lead to single digits, 45-36, with a 3-pointer 6:21 before halftime. But Bell followed with a 3, then Bryant was called for an offensive foul. Replays showed Bryant elbowed Bell to the face, the kind of play the Suns' guard had complained about throughout the series.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kobe just dissed Raja again.

What do you think of Raja's defense?

"I don't think about his defense. He isn't someone who makes you think about their defense. He isn't a Bruce Bowen or a Ron Artest."

bko32

Registered
Reaction score
coyoteshockeyfan said:
Sorry you feel that way. The little photoshop job was done merely in jest, and not designed to rub it in the faces of the Laker fans. Seeing how your avatar is of Nash with a photoshopped trophy of Kobe jumping over Nash (if Im not mistaken), I dont see what the big deal about mine is (I could have put a lot more mean spirited things than "Choke" on the back of his jersey you know :)). Putting choke on the back was meant to mean how the whole team played rather than just Kobe, but I decided to put an 8 on the back because he is the face of the franchise.

no worries, just hadn't remembered seeing you post hear until the series was over. thought you were being a sore loser. you're right about my avatar, however, it is coming down. now that this series is over and your suns have won, my avatar will no longer by used. Congrats again :thumbup: