Suns vs Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Please fire Frank Johnson, please.

I really hate myself for feeling this, but am I the only one here who is starting to feel jealous of Chicago right now with their coaching situation?

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
It's Amare vs. Denver. Hilarious.

Who shot JJ's dog?

Probably the most emotionless Suns team I've seen (besides Amare).

Steph had a chance to really go off. He just seems content on getting the offense started from 30 feet.

The D (besides Amare) is absolutely atrocious. Make Denver shoot!

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You just aren't going to beat many teams when you turn the ball over 22 times by the early fourth-quarter to their 12 turnovers. It's especially bad when those turnovers lead to fast breaks for the other team almost every time.

Most of Marbury's turnovers have been just flat-out bad.

Joe Mama

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sly fly
Penny is stiffer than a 2x4.

Rally killer.

Joe Johnson and Casey Jacobsen haven't been any better. JJ made a few shots there, but overall he's been horrible tonight. Jacobsen's done nothing positive (he just made a three... I stand corrected).

Let me just echo something that Ernknight has complained about frequently. This defense with too much doubled teeming and where the big men are constantly jumping out to help on perimeter players just sucks. I mean it's a nice change of pace every once in awhile, but it leads to far too many easy layups and open shots. It also leads to too many easy put backs because it consistently leaves the Phoenix Suns big men out of rebounding position.

Joe Mama

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns are lottery bound in a weak draft class

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Amare, Good

Rest of Team, Bad

That's how Tarzan would put it, and he'd be dead on.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
What the heck has happened?

The defense is really, really, really bad.

No consistent threat from outside. (Aside from Marbury, and that's from the PG).

The FJ watch is on.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama
Joe Johnson and Casey Jacobsen haven't been any better. JJ made a few shots there, but overall he's been horrible tonight. Jacobsen's done nothing positive (he just made a three... I stand corrected).
Joe Mama

I definitely agree.

You can see a good ball team from a mile away. Picking, passing, no one on one, solid help D, getting back on D, backdoor cuts, etc.

This team doesn't have one of those above qualities.

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Joe Mama

Joe Mama

Actually, I beg to differ.. Joe Johnson hasn't been good at basketball tonight, no.. he's been pretty bad, actually, BUT...

Him and Marbury have been playing the turnover game. It's a race to see who can get to 10 first. Marbury jumped out early, and currently I believe has 8, but JJ has been steadily catching up. "Slow and Steady wins the race," says JJ!

He now has 6, by the way. To go along with 2 assists. That's a 2:6 assist:to ratio.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
We're down by 32 points?? 32????

What the hell? That's it. FJ is GONE. Get him out. Now. The quicker the better. Lose, fine. But lose by 10 with some kind of effort, not this pathetic showing.

FJ and the rest will just shrug it off like they usually do, but Bryan better freaking open his damn eyes.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Joe Johnson has a better assist - turnover ratio than Penny overall.

At least Joe Johnson made some shots unlike Penny

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by S_Marbury
Anybody know the last time we lost by 30?

I don't know, but if the defense doesn't improve the next time could be tomorrow.

Joe Mama

matt_whitlock

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
We're down by 32 points?? 32????

What the hell? That's it. FJ is GONE. Get him out. Now. The quicker the better. Lose, fine. But lose by 10 with some kind of effort, not this pathetic showing.

FJ and the rest will just shrug it off like they usually do, but Bryan better freaking open his damn eyes.

You know, I'm fine with firing FJ. Actually, I'd like nothing more. But it makes no sense to fire him just for the sake of firing him. The problem I see is that there's nobody out there right now that is any better. Once we get rid of Johnson, who do we replace him with? We have two assistants who seem like good candidates and one of whom would most likely stand in as coach for the rest of the season, but they're already involved with the team. If either of them was so great, why haven't they helped this team be better than 6-7?

Part-time annalysts and two-bit journalists wrote off the Suns last year, and said we "exceeded expectations" when anybody who watched the Suns closely knows that wasn't the case. The problems everybody has now with FJ are the exact same ones people had last season, they're just more frequent now because we're losing with more regularity. Over the summer, there were 10 coaches available who were better and more proven than Frank, but we missed that opportunity because somebody bought into the media bull-sh*t that this team overachieved with Johnson at the helm.

I want nothing more than to see FJ out, but we waited too long. What does the team gain by getting rid of Frank Johnson?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Give Iavaroni a chance. Period. The guy was the runner-up for the Milwaukee job, and he has obviously some skills--Amare is proof of that.

Fire FJ just for the sake of firing him? You obviously haven't watched the SUNS this season, have you?

hoopdeedofor2

Reaction score
TURNOVERS?????

We got out ran, out shot, and flat out played. Don't blame the officials blame the players and the COACH. Everyone seems to stand around way to much. I think what big Jake said is true. We have no real plays we just wait for Steph to give us the ball. Either the players need to start moving or we need a coach that can help with some real plays.

Steph, Amare and the 3 centers were the only high points.
JJ, Penny and CJ were horrible.
Z and B were ok rookies.
And Googs..HA..nevermind we all know.

Who is going to start for Marion? Z or Penny?

Status
Not open for further replies.